• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

If you ever want a direct example of how Chelsea are treated by the press/media just check out the response to Conte. Plenty of articles doubting his suitability and dissenting ex pro voices and even he's the wrong man for the job in certain quarters.

Compare that to Klopps arrival which was universally greeted as a 'great appointment' and he's even been given a seasons pass from achieving anything (which he seems to be fully enjoying). The difference is laughable

Holymoly   
8 minutes ago, fillerywhereru said:

If you ever want a direct example of how Chelsea are treated by the press/media just check out the response to Conte. Plenty of articles doubting his suitability and dissenting ex pro voices and even he's the wrong man for the job in certain quarters.

Compare that to Klopps arrival which was universally greeted as a 'great appointment' and he's even been given a seasons pass from achieving anything (which he seems to be fully enjoying). The difference is laughable

The hacks are looking to the future. They know there will be a story to report at Stamford Bridge next season, in the same way they knew the only story to report from Scumland was going to be that Klopp is a really, really, ridiculously nice man. The players are still shite.

7 hours ago, fillerywhereru said:

Not for me; we've appointed a combustible alleged cheat off the back of unceremoniously dumping our most successful ever manager (again), Liverpool appointed a ready-made darling at a point where little is expected of them. I feel we'll get exactly what we deserve from the press on this, and that most other clubs would get the same.

Not to say Liverpool don't get an exceedingly easy ride and us a more difficult one, mind.

Holymoly   

I see the Telegraph did an article about gambling among professional footballers and how it impacts on their performances on the pitch. In passing they mentioned Martin diMichelis and his 12 breaches of gambling on football. I can't remember a huge to do about it in the press this week. Wonder what would have happened if it were a Chelsea player.....with Conte just coming in the door?

Judging by our players' performances this season I reckon they must all be massive bingo nuts. Explains it all.

paulw66   

Not sure where else to put this but did anyone watch Barca v Atletico?

McManaman was the co commentator and when Suarez took a massive swing with his right leg at the Atletico player off the ball, he had the nerve to suggest "it might have been a yellow card" then spent the rest of the game slagging off Torres for his clumsy yellows cards. 

How do these guys get paid?

Holymoly   
8 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I think they have Saturday jobs at Poundstretcher.

2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Not sure where else to put this but did anyone watch Barca v Atletico?

McManaman was the co commentator and when Suarez took a massive swing with his right leg at the Atletico player off the ball, he had the nerve to suggest "it might have been a yellow card" then spent the rest of the game slagging off Torres for his clumsy yellows cards. 

Ex Real Madird player commenting on an Athleti player and the same player who left his beloved red mob "to win things" - That was only ending one way?

They get paid pretty handsomely - between £1500-£5000 per show, self-employed or through their own Ltd company - Nice gig, if you can get it? It's why so many are getting in on the act. I've only just started getting BT Sport, poorer pundits than even Sky provide, in my view.

Anybody seen this tweet from BBC Sport today? 

Really unprofessional from them and cheap. I expect no less from them to be honest, seems we are fair game for having a cheap shot. I wonder if the scousers have had similar tweets for any of their last few seasons?

https://mobile.twitter.com/BBCSporf/status/723522532813451265?cn=ZmxleGlibGVfcmVjc18y&refsrc=email