• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Patnevinswedge said:

Are you the same bob singleton photographer who takes (what some might say) are sexualised images of women? ( if not then the following obviously doesn't apply) If so, then it could be argued that you are in some way complicit in both parties behaviour? Just a thought. 

Not me. Nor am I a film producer/director. Nor a transport consultant, nor an author on fishing. Someone once told me Daniel Defoe had once written about me, but he died over 200 years before I was born. I'm also not involved in IndyCar racing. I would also be surprised if I was the Bob Singleton of Blackburn Camera Club who died in 2013! I'm not even the Bob Singleton that's registered on The Guardian web site as Bob Singleton (I was most upset when I wanted to comment on something and having tried to register in my own name, was told that "user name" had already been taken). Bloody hell, there's more than one Bob Singleton in the world! How will I cope?

Had Ham not posted, I would not have seen your accusation, as you are (most deservedly) on my ignore list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ruudboy   

So definitely not the writer of "The Allcock Aerial: A Collecter's Guide" then, Bob?

Shame, bloody good fishing reels. Wondered if you might tell me where I could find one... ;-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ham   

Are you this Bob Singleton? Do you know Barney?

 

Bob Singleton was the music director for the rest of the Barney & the Backyard Gangseries, and first three seasons of Barney & Friends. Bob Singleton composed the music for the first three seasons of Barney & Friends. After Season 3 of Barney & Friends, he was replaced by Joe Phillips who took over as music director for the series, but Bob returned to work on the score for several second generation Barney Home Videos and did the music for the Barney home video previews from 1997-2000.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, blue moon said:

So definitely not the writer of "The Allcock Aerial: A Collecter's Guide" then, Bob?

Shame, bloody good fishing reels. Wondered if you might tell me where I could find one... ;-)

Funnily enough, whilst Googling to see who this other Bob Singleton might be (and finding all the Bob Singleton's I'm not), I saw that there was a fishing book co-written by a Bob Singleton and Mick Wood. A different Mick Wood is an old and dear friend of mine who is a (mostly) metal promoter (he's involved with the Metal to the Masses events that see unsigned bands get a set at the Bloodstock Open Air Festival). I sent him a link and we had a laugh over that as fishing is definitely NOT a pass time either of us would ever contemplate doing.

 

12 minutes ago, Ham said:

Are you this Bob Singleton? Do you know Barney?

 

Bob Singleton was the music director for the rest of the Barney & the Backyard Gangseries, and first three seasons of Barney & Friends. Bob Singleton composed the music for the first three seasons of Barney & Friends. After Season 3 of Barney & Friends, he was replaced by Joe Phillips who took over as music director for the series, but Bob returned to work on the score for several second generation Barney Home Videos and did the music for the Barney home video previews from 1997-2000.

Damn, I've been rumbled!!! LOL    Other than banging a drum (almost in time!), I am not musical, sadly. A shame, because music is a passion of mine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JaneB   
On ‎18‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 11:45 AM, Droy was my hero said:

Exactly.  

 A 35 goal season as a 23 year old.  4 in 7 after a 4 year gap (that is cool).  The middle of a fine career has been stolen from him.
5 clubs changed their mind about signing him after media pressure - even Grimsby who had previously signed Clayton MacDonald, who had been acquitted for the same offence in the same trial.

And his girlfriend.  She'd be quite entitled to walk away, or just say nothing.  To my mind though she has been incredible in backing him all the way.  

Incredible?  Incredibly stupid more like.  WAG desperate to hold onto footballer boyfriend ("we could have had any girl we wanted.  Footballers are rich and they like money.  That is what girls like") and luxury lifestyle at any cost after he indulges in a drunken threesome while his half-brother and another friend film it on a phone.  Classy. 

I'd have left him to fight his own legal battle.

And let's hope Evans enjoys planning "the biggest party his North Wales home town of Rhyl has seen".  Obviously a bit short of things to celebrate down there.  

 

    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JaneB said:

I'd have left him to fight his own legal battle.

Nothing wrong with that either.  The sensible course of action.  But it is still remarkable how she choose to back him so publicly.

And of course he was a Division 1 footballer and then 2 and a half years a man in prison, not a big earner, especially with his best years out of the game.  Certainly not the catch he'd have been as a teenager playing in the PL.    And then 20 months an unemployed footballer as no one would hire him because of the hate campaign against him.

As for the quote, the sad thing is that it really is true.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
3 hours ago, JaneB said:

Incredible?  Incredibly stupid more like.  WAG desperate to hold onto footballer boyfriend ("we could have had any girl we wanted.  Footballers are rich and they like money.  That is what girls like") and luxury lifestyle at any cost after he indulges in a drunken threesome while his half-brother and another friend film it on a phone.  Classy. 

I'd have left him to fight his own legal battle.

And let's hope Evans enjoys planning "the biggest party his North Wales home town of Rhyl has seen".  Obviously a bit short of things to celebrate down there.  

 

    

They weren't a couple when the incident took place. 

On the basis he is now "innocent", why wouldn't she stick by him?

Having a three way is not illegal you know, whether you agree with it from a moral standpoint or not

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JaneB   
3 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Nothing wrong with that either.  The sensible course of action.  But it is still remarkable how she choose to back him so publicly.

And of course he was a Division 1 footballer and then 2 and a half years a man in prison, not a big earner, especially with his best years out of the game.  Certainly not the catch he'd have been as a teenager playing in the PL.    And then 20 months an unemployed footballer as no one would hire him because of the hate campaign against him.

As for the quote, the sad thing is that it really is true.  

 

 

Indeed it is.  Such arrogance but always plenty of women desperate to indulge them.   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JaneB   
2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

They weren't a couple when the incident took place. 

On the basis he is now "innocent", why wouldn't she stick by him?

Having a three way is not illegal you know, whether you agree with it from a moral standpoint or not

They'd been a couple for 2 years which is the whole point of what I'm trying to say.

A three way not illegal?  Surely not!  Thanks for clearing that up for me. 

Edited by JaneB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JaneB said:

They'd been a couple for 2 years which is the whole point of what I'm trying to say.

A three way not illegal?  Surely not!  Thanks for clearing that up for me. 

So what exactly is your point then? 

Man charged of rape, sentence overturned by court of appeal. retrial not guilty. So not guilty. Bringing individual moral standpoints into this is irrelevant. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now