• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

JaneB   
1 hour ago, Patnevinswedge said:

So what exactly is your point then? 

Man charged of rape, sentence overturned by court of appeal. retrial not guilty. So not guilty. Bringing individual moral standpoints into this is irrelevant. 

I was having a dialogue with DWMH which, if you'd read properly, you would have seen what my point was.

Sick of you having a go at me for no reason.   

1 minute ago, JaneB said:

I was having a dialogue with DWMH which, if you'd read properly, you would have seen what my point was.

Sick of you having a go at me for no reason.   

Stop being so thin skinned. I have just stated my opinion which happens to disagree with yours. Unfortunately in the modern world a difference of opinion is regarded as a personal insult. Very sad.

Zoowraa   

^ Not really. You just seem to have a tone about you which borders on the inflammatory.

Anyone who has come across your last 20-30 posts can see this. You seem to court a little controvesy.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zoowraa said:

^ Not really. You just seem to have a tone about you which borders on the inflammatory.

Anyone who has come across your last 20-30 posts can see this. You seem to court a little controvesy.

Really? Would that be because I have a different opinion or choice of language? Either way I make no apology for it.

chara   

Here we go again. Is it not possible for someone (anyone) to post an opinion or viewpoint without it being trashed? I'm all for different viewpoints and strongly held views but how obviously articulate and intelligent posters can allow things to reach a gutter level of debate is a mystery to me.

Exchange opinions please but respect each other. This is a sad reflection on all of us. Those who do and those who let it happen.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Patnevinswedge said:

Stop being so thin skinned. I have just stated my opinion which happens to disagree with yours. Unfortunately in the modern world a difference of opinion is regarded as a personal insult. Very sad.

Pat - sorry mate but I think you've been really unpleasant to JaneB. You seem to be angry at the world,  and I think it's unnecessary and uncalled for. We are all Chelsea and it's possible to have vigorous and enthusiastic debate while keeping it friendly. I don't think an apology would be out of place here.  

chara   
58 minutes ago, chelsea_matt said:

Pat - sorry mate but I think you've been really unpleasant to JaneB. You seem to be angry at the world,  and I think it's unnecessary and uncalled for. We are all Chelsea and it's possible to have vigorous and enthusiastic debate while keeping it friendly. I don't think an apology would be out of place here.  

Well said matt...surely we are not the only ones fed up with over the top attacks?

Ham   

In the context of the discussion above (on a very emotive subject) I don't agree that PNW owes anybody an apology. His first post asked what point was being made and Jane asked him to stop "having a go".

He said that amounted to being thin skinned. 

Is he wrong? Looks like a lot of people ganging up on him unjustifiably if you ask me. 

6 minutes ago, Ham said:

In the context of the discussion above (on a very emotive subject) I don't agree that PNW owes anybody an apology. His first post asked what point was being made and Jane asked him to stop "having a go".

I doubt it is purely in the context of the discussion above though.  

^^^ Cheers Ham. 

Unfortunately the forum has become the domain of a censorious little clique who try to shut down different opinions to themselves. They do this by attempting to take the moral high ground (as in this case) or by claiming to be "offended". The later has become very prevelant in modern society and sadly this forum reflects that.

Unfortunately Ham I didn't call foul  first which automatically puts me at a disadvantage in a context such as this.

I won't be cowed by anyone in a forum or public for having my own opinion.