• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

Jasonb   
On ‎16‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 10:05 PM, PeteRobbo said:

Well they would be in the top 4 if it wasn’t for the fact that they’ve dropped so many points to the lower placed sides.

Would appear then that counter attacking is their game plan and when they can't do that they struggle. 

I never really understood what makes counter attacking so bad .

They attack you , you stop it and attack them and score , how is that so bad , should everyone stop for a moment and then build an attack scoring a goal in a more honourable way ?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

Would appear then that counter attacking is their game plan and when they can't do that they struggle. 

Yep, I think that's been part of the problem for sure Jason. They also had a problem when Nuno had just Moutinho and Neves in central midfield. They're both really creative and talented players, but the lower teams all flooded the midfield and overran them. Eventually, Nuno bolstered his midfield with Saiss and/or Dendonker and results improved.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I never really understood what makes counter attacking so bad .

They attack you , you stop it and attack them and score , how is that so bad , should everyone stop for a moment and then build an attack scoring a goal in a more honourable way ?

Yeah, then outlaw Judo and most boxing,   :)

On 3/16/2019 at 11:05 PM, PeteRobbo said:

Well they would be in the top 4 if it wasn’t for the fact that they’ve dropped so many points to the lower placed sides.

On 3/27/2019 at 0:20 PM, Jasonb said:

I'd agree with this - they are very good when the opponent has the initiative and they can play on the counter. The trouble with if Nuno would come here to Chelsea as our new manager is that I'm not sure that would help us to break down the lower teams... I suppsoe that would be an argument against Nuno Espirito Santo coming here. 

Just now, The_Ghost said:

I'd agree with this - they are very good when the opponent has the initiative and they can play on the counter. The trouble with if Nuno would come here to Chelsea as our new manager is that I'm not sure that would help us to break down the lower teams... I suppsoe that would be an argument against Nuno Espirito Santo coming here. 

If we replace Sarri I'd love Nuno here, he's just got something about him and I have little doubt he will go on to bigger and better things. He could bring Neves and Raul Jiminez with him too if possible, the latter was phenomenal last night, reminded me of Diego at his best.

Unfortunately as you say I don't think he'd help us  to break down teams that sit deep against us and that's not a criticism of him just a statement of fact. No manager will do much more than Sarri right now with this set of players. Maybe improve the performances in some minds but as far as results go I can't imagine anyone doing much better. 

paulw66   
7 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Beaten Chelsea, United (twice) and Spurs, and drew at home to Man City and away at Arsenal and Chelsea. Lost twice to Huddersfield. 

He's fine, like you saying playing couter attack, but that doesn't help us when playing anyone outside the top 6. 

3 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

Yep I think so too, although like I said, I’m really not sure he'd come either

Edited by PeteRobbo

Ham   

Having watched the Wolves game last night I'm not so quick to declare NES a one trick pony. 

They had huge spells of excellent possession throughout. To call him a purely counter attacking coach is disrespectful.  

Agreed on Raul Jiminez.  He was absolutely brilliant throughout.  Such an intelligent striker. He is everything that Morata is not.  

Had a chuckle at the BBC tonight with their Premier league show , no actual football but a cutting edge report on how great the Spurs new stadium was by ex Spurs Jermaine Jenas and a celebration of West Ham and the amazing youth football program that gave them Joe Cole , Frank Lampard , Rio Ferdinand and Michael Carrick . What a youth program that was with seventeen premier league medals between them .  Every single one of them won by Chelsea and United. Where can I apply for the return of my licence fee ?