• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

Recommended Posts

paulw66   
3 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I know - but we all know that the last defender is in line with the penalty spot so he hasn't done that.  
And clearly Carragher has a problem with putting VR and "has to" together.  Only a robot or a Carragher would actually choose an inline view of nothing to a slightly out of line view of everything.

Yeah the VR verson of Willian seems to have been a pastiche of a 1960s Robertsons jam label.  Willian's head and hair are not actually that big.

Funny you should say that, because the word you have chosen not to use, is exactly what my mum calls Willian - not in an offensive way, she thinks it affectionate (it's a generation thing!) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Funny you should say that, because the word you have chosen not to use, is exactly what my mum calls Willian - not in an offensive way, she thinks it affectionate (it's a generation thing!) 

Well I guess me and your mum, we have got something in common...    ... We're both old.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't bothered to watch it since, but my view is that, under normal circumstances 99.9% of the time, the defenders and attackers are usually moving in the same direction.

In this instance, Azpi and the Chelsea player behind him (was it RLC?) are moving away from the goal initially and the defender is moving towards the goal. As a result, both CFC players come from an offside position to an onside position very quickly (although both are offside when Alonso heads it on). It is actually quite easy for the lino to miss that, as Willian is in his field of vision.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's funny that in all the fuss over the goal V Cardiff, the two incorrectly ruled out V Palace and the last minute incorrect offside that almost certainly cost us the League Cup trophy was not even given a fleeting mention. Biased? you bet...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
13 minutes ago, fillerywhereru said:

It's funny that in all the fuss over the goal V Cardiff, the two incorrectly ruled out V Palace and the last minute incorrect offside that almost certainly cost us the League Cup trophy was not even given a fleeting mention. Biased? you bet...

Quite.

Penalty not given v West ham? no comment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   

I am watching the Sarri press confernece from yesterday on YouTube.......it's disgusting; they are trying to finger the blame on Drinkwater's drink driving on Sarri for not picking him and leaving him out of the squad entirely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes Sarri should pay his fine and his team selections should be on the basis of which player is most likely to act irresponsibly if he's left out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I noticed the location of the crash was in Cheshire, you have to wonder if he is living up there and not even training with the team. thought I had seen some pictures of him training earlier this season. It appears he is not required to come to games and sit behind the dugout like others who aren't involved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
29 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

I noticed the location of the crash was in Cheshire, you have to wonder if he is living up there and not even training with the team. thought I had seen some pictures of him training earlier this season. It appears he is not required to come to games and sit behind the dugout like others who aren't involved.

He has opened a restarant up there.

Sarri confirmed he trains with the first team.

Lives in Fulham / putney from his Instagram stuff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

I am watching the Sarri press confernece from yesterday on YouTube.......it's disgusting; they are trying to finger the blame on Drinkwater's drink driving on Sarri for not picking him and leaving him out of the squad entirely. 

Not watched it, but I bet they are just fishing for some background on Drinkwaters character. They hoping Sarri is going to say he is a crackhead or something. Chelsea I'm proud to say don't do that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now