• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

Ham   

Precisely.  He has received literally hundreds of perfectly reasonable tweets from Chelsea fans asking politely whether he would be prepared to apologise for publicly declaring Colin Wing a racist and using him as the poster boy for his anti-racism campaign and instead of doing so he uses whataboutery because a couple of knuckle draggers abused him.

All he (and Ian Wright/BT Sport/Rio and many others) had to say was that he'd jumped to the wrong conclusion on this one fan and that he apologised. 

Ham   
1 hour ago, thevelourfog said:

The reason people have an issue with Dan Levene is that he doesn't like being racially abused? 

Can't say I follow his every move, but it doesn't seem to me he has done much of anything wrong unless you want to claim that Chelsea FC have literally no problem with bigotry. Can't really see any 'impact', either... We've gone from being broadly disliked as a fan base to what, being broadly disliked as a fan base? 

I really doubt many people who follow PL clubs know who Dan Levene is. 

I get that he maybe has (or has had projected on to him) something of a self-righteous persona, but who cares tbh. 

Well done for reading the tweet but not what I wrote above it. 

Ref Watch is on Sky Sports News in a bit, I'm looking forward to seeing Dermot Gallagher explain how Martin Atkinson got every decision at the weekend spot on.

Ham   
2 minutes ago, Box of Tricks said:

Ref Watch is on Sky Sports News in a bit, I'm looking forward to seeing Dermot Gallagher explain how Martin Atkinson got every decision at the weekend spot on.

Including the "shoulder barge" by Lukaku. 

6 minutes ago, Ham said:

Including the "shoulder barge" by Lukaku. 

They're off with a bang - by trailing Ref Watch, they picked three moments from the weekend:

• Should Manchester City have had a penalty for Ashley Barnes handball?
  • All the drama at Elland Road...
  • And was Kovacic's challenge on Herrera a red card?

You'd expect nothing else, really.

paulw66   

It was interesting to watch the MOTD 2 pundits dissect the Matic elbow in the face of Azpilicueta..... 

7 minutes ago, asvaberg said:

Am I the only one in here thinking Shearer actually has some good points here?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48088185

Yes - but all good points I have heard elsewhere over the last two days.  And Transfer bans points which we last heard 6 weeks ago and are probably plain wrong.

Alan Shearer was speaking to BBC Sport's Chris Bevan.

Who could have written it himself, and probably did.

3 hours ago, Ham said:

Well done for reading the tweet but not what I wrote above it. 

Eh? Literally no idea what you're talking about here... I quoted and pretty much responded point for point to what you said. A good indicatior that you're not willing to talk abort this sensibly though, so I'll move on.