• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

Ham   
45 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Eh? Literally no idea what you're talking about here... I quoted and pretty much responded point for point to what you said. A good indicatior that you're not willing to talk abort this sensibly though, so I'll move on. 

Right.... I pointed out that people's problem with Levene here was that he accused an innocent man of racially abusing Sterling.  Even though the accused insisted he hadn't, Levene and others continued to use him as racism personified. The man was publicly vilified. A picture of his home was published. His entire life was exposed in the media and the evidence proved that he hadn't said anything remotely racist.

Levene and others therefore owe a very public apology to Colin Wing and his family. When asked to he said that he would continue to call out racism and had nothing to apologise for.

How did your response deal with this? 

The impact you ask about was massive on one famiiy.

He DOES have something to apologise for. 

Edited by Ham

8 hours ago, paulw66 said:

The issue with Dan Levene is he, like many others, have hung drawn and quartered the bloke who "abused" Sterling, and even though he has now been cleared, have no intention of apologising. 

Likeiwse reporting the club when one person sings the Y word, yet fails to comment on the fact that literally thousands of Spurs fans sing it every week, whilst taking a very silent approach on the Chelsea Rent boys chant that we hear almost weekly. 

He picks and choses what to be offended by to help promote his own agenda.

(and before someone says it, standing up against bigotry is obviously a good thing, but a bit of consistency wouldn't go amiss) 

Precisely. 

7 hours ago, Box of Tricks said:

They're off with a bang - by trailing Ref Watch, they picked three moments from the weekend:

• Should Manchester City have had a penalty for Ashley Barnes handball?
  • All the drama at Elland Road...
  • And was Kovacic's challenge on Herrera a red card?

You'd expect nothing else, really.

So nothing on the Rojo “purple” then? 

3 hours ago, Ham said:

Right.... I pointed out that people's problem with Levene here was that he accused an innocent man of racially abusing Sterling.  Even though the accused insisted he hadn't, Levene and others continued to use him as racism personified. The man was publicly vilified. A picture of his home was published. His entire life was exposed in the media and the evidence proved that he hadn't said anything remotely racist.

Levene and others therefore owe a very public apology to Colin Wing and his family. When asked to he said that he would continue to call out racism and had nothing to apologise for.

How did your response deal with this? 

The impact you ask about was massive on one famiiy.

He DOES have something to apologise for. 

Yes - but the narrative these days is that if you are a white middle aged man you should just accept being called a bigot every once in a while and stop being so sensitive. 

That really is the narrative. 

6 hours ago, asvaberg said:

Am I the only one in here thinking Shearer actually has some good points here?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48088185

Well you can add me to the list for sure. Yeh, some well balanced stuff there I thought.

JaneB   
29 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Well you can add me to the list for sure. Yeh, some well balanced stuff there I thought.

I don't mind Shearer as a pundit actually but then he hasn't got much competition, on the BBC anyway.

10 hours ago, Box of Tricks said:

Ref Watch is on Sky Sports News in a bit, I'm looking forward to seeing Dermot Gallagher explain how Martin Atkinson got every decision at the weekend spot on.

Dermot says Atkinson was wrong in every occasion but it's hardly surprising because he was so close to the tackles .

They'll relegate us next year with VAR .

JaneB   

So Patrick Bamford has been charged with "successful deception of a match official".

I mean, why does that never happen to certain high profile premier league players? 🤔 No names obviously ...........

3 minutes ago, JaneB said:

So Patrick Bamford has been charged with "successful deception of a match official".

I mean, why does that never happen to certain high profile premier league players? 🤔 No names obviously ...........

I know what you mean but ....That was really reprehensible from Bamford ! We'd be fuming if he did it go us .

JaneB   
2 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I know what you mean but ....That was really reprehensible from Bamford ! We'd be fuming if he did it go us .

Oh no absolutely.  I was simply wondering why it doesn't happen more often.

21 minutes ago, JaneB said:

In this case the guy who "hit him" had been sent off with a straight red.  That decision could be appealed, and they had no choice when they cleared him but charge Bamford.  Had it been 2nd yellow, or had he committed something else to deserve at least a yellow, they could have avoided getting involved.

Unusual circumstances.