• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

31 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

There isn’t one single MSM publication in the Western Hemisphere that’s worth reading. Not one. The EU and the MSM lobbyists are doing their best to silence alternative news outlets with article 11 and 13.

QFT.  The readers are no longer the clients for the MSM.

thevelourfog    223
5 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I see the Liverpool director has said that even thought they've conquered all of Europe they need to treat Barcelona with respect and humility .

Conquered all of Europe ?

Isn't England In Europe now then ? 

Most insidious thing about the director's quotes, much like their comment on the 'rent boy' chant, is that they simply cannot or will not take unequivocal accountability for their fans; they position the behaviour as being somehow 'other' to the club and its imagined values and ideals. I guess I could be accused of reading too much into it, but it smacks of PR management rather than genuine care; you don't need to allude to a 'Liverpool way', just own that some of your supporters are being d*ckheads in your name and name it that way. 

We have plenty of d*ckhead fans. One thing I am genuinely proud of this club for is not pretending otherwise, and not using management or PR speak to distance themselves from it. They see it as a problem, they call it a problem, they acknowledge that rightly or wrongly it is a problem that belongs to them and they do something about it.

Mark Kelly    927
18 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Most insidious thing about the director's quotes, much like their comment on the 'rent boy' chant, is that they simply cannot or will not take unequivocal accountability for their fans; they position the behaviour as being somehow 'other' to the club and its imagined values and ideals. I guess I could be accused of reading too much into it, but it smacks of PR management rather than genuine care; you don't need to allude to a 'Liverpool way', just own that some of your supporters are being d*ckheads in your name and name it that way. 

We have plenty of d*ckhead fans. One thing I am genuinely proud of this club for is not pretending otherwise, and not using management or PR speak to distance themselves from it. They see it as a problem, they call it a problem, they acknowledge that rightly or wrongly it is a problem that belongs to them and they do something about it.

Agreed , our club is quite courageous in owning the problem in my opinion despite knowing the media will unequivocally condemn them anyway.

Bob Singleton    228
54 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Spot on. Every club has dick-head fans, but we are one of the few (maybe the only one) that admit to it and then try and do something about it.

PeteRobbo    129
10 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

I’d sue the hell out of them. Absolutely disgusting.

And yet they are asking themselves why people turn their backs to MSM? Fake news was created by MSM. They are also still the ones who are most guilty of it. 

What would you sue them for though?

Ham    833
43 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Do you mean how much or why?

The_Ghost    167
9 hours ago, PeteRobbo said:

The headline? Why single out Chelsea in it and then proceed to post photos from a case where the Chelsea fan was cleared of any rascist abuse? 

What if a publication posted an article with a headline stating that knife violence (including violence committed by the black community) will now be punished harsher. Then included pictures of black males who had been cleared of that crime and in fact were innocent? Can you imagine the uproar? 

MSM does this all the time - these small little cues that tells the general population who is good and who is bad. It’s sickening and the main reason I abandoned them years ago. They are charlatans with no moral compass and are well marinated in this absolute dog **** of an ideology - postmodernism. 

• Thanks 1

Flinkers    12
10 hours ago, PeteRobbo said:

Both Chelsea and Colin Wing would have a good libel case, I'd have thought...

synavm    17

Chelsea wouldn't have a good libel case. They've made multiple statements acknowledging our problem with racism and antisemitism. Colin Wing might, though, depending on the wording - I.e. is the word accused used or is the implication that he is guilty.

9 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

The headline? Why single out Chelsea in it and then proceed to post photos from a case where the Chelsea fan was cleared of any rascist abuse? 

What if a publication posted an article with a headline stating that knife violence (including violence committed by the black community) will now be punished harsher. Then included pictures of black males who had been cleared of that crime and in fact were innocent? Can you imagine the uproar? 

MSM does this all the time - these small little cues that tells the general population who is good and who is bad. It’s sickening and the main reason I abandoned them years ago. They are charlatans with no moral compass and are well marinated in this absolute dog **** of an ideology - postmodernism. 

Loads of folk accused of crimes, black or white, have their identities revealed when they are accused or charged and many that are subsequently found not guilty find their names dragged through the mud. Though this is a problem in the so-called 'MSM', it's not at all limited to the mainstream - alternative media has its own agenda and in many cases demonstrates it is lacking in journalistic integrity every bit as much as the more established media companies. Reality is we all need to get our information from somewhere and there are flaws in every corner of the media. Best bet is to stay pragmatic, keep an open mind and pay more attention to well resourced sources. 

Ham    833
22 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Well put.