• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Non Chelsea: International Football

No surprises here. This was clearly a done deal when they bid.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24160879

The prospect of a winter World Cup in 2022 took a step forward after European football chiefs agreed a summer event could not be played in Qatar.

Summer temperatures in the Gulf state can reach 50C, sparking health fears for players and fans alike.

Uefa's 54 member associations backed the switch at a meeting in Croatia.

"The World Cup cannot be played in Qatar in the summer," said Fifa vice-president Jim Boyce. "Everyone was certainly in agreement about that."

Flinkers   

And Wellbeck misses from inside the 6 yard box...

Meanwhile, die Mannschaft are showing kids all across the country how not to play the offside trap.

Edited by Flinkers

Schürrle has scored two goals tonight!! He's looking great!

Make that THREE!!WHAT A GOAL!!

Edited by cro-chels

Andyn   

England: Forster, Johnson, Jones, Cahill, Baines, Milner, Wilshere, Lampard, Lallana, Rooney, Rodriguez.

Weakest England team in memory?

Glad I don't watch them.

Possibly and it showed.

England: Forster, Johnson, Jones, Cahill, Baines, Milner, Wilshere, Lampard, Lallana, Rooney, Rodriguez.

Weakest England team in memory?

Glad I don't watch them.

Even Sweden would give that team a proper game. We're 9m.... You're 65m.

I cannot understand why the top players in England aren't better? Sure. You've got a lot more players then us that are ok/average. But in terms of top players you're under performing massively.

That team/XI would struggle to qualify from the group stages in Brazil.

Incidentally you do not have a single English player who's even close to the level of Ibrahimovic. For a country like England that's embarrassing.

Edit: although an Ibrahimovic comes along once every 20-30 years.

Edited by Sleeping Dave

Even Sweden would give that team a proper game. We're 9m.... You're 65m.

Edit: although an Ibrahimovic comes along once every 20-30 years.

England alone in 56m, some of which are not qualified to play for England (or would chose to play for someone else).

A lot of out better players have been from immigrant families, much like Ibrahimovic. The big gain we had were from West Indian families back in the 60s/70s, before they integrated and became couch potatoes like the native stock. Rooney is essentially 2nd generation Irish immigrant I believe.

A while ago, when the French were a lot better than us I pointed out teh difference between their 2nd generation immigrants (Malouda. Anelka, Desailly, Zidane and many more) and our 3rd or 4th generation immigrants. Since then, France have faded - I'd argue precisely because their immigrants have got lazy. Right now Germany is doing best with hungry immigrants from Eastern Europe.

Scooba   

England alone in 56m, some of which are not qualified to play for England (or would chose to play for someone else).

A lot of out better players have been from immigrant families, much like Ibrahimovic. The big gain we had were from West Indian families back in the 60s/70s, before they integrated and became couch potatoes like the native stock. Rooney is essentially 2nd generation Irish immigrant I believe.

A while ago, when the French were a lot better than us I pointed out teh difference between their 2nd generation immigrants (Malouda. Anelka, Desailly, Zidane and many more) and our 3rd or 4th generation immigrants. Since then, France have faded - I'd argue precisely because their immigrants have got lazy. Right now Germany is doing best with hungry immigrants from Eastern Europe.

I'm not sure if this post is serious, Droy?