• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Non Chelsea: International Football

Yes we do. I look at my younger brother (my junior by 10 years) and I just want to smack him sometimes. His laziness is appalling.

University is free in Scandinavia yet people can't even be bothered to have a free education anymore. They can't spell, they can't write proper swedish and it's all about X-Factor, Idol, reality shows, young mothers (some idiots who shouldn't be allowed outside let alone getting kids) etc etc.

England isn't any worse than other countries I'd say. I should know, I lived in quite a few.

I look at the youngsters today and it's all about shopping, video games, entertainment and ZERO investment in their own futures.

Lazy fools.

Too many TV shows where talentless people can earn a fortune by contributing nothing to society. Is it any wonder kids have no aspirations when they think that all they have to do is appear on a tv show.

But having said that, not all kids are that dumb, it's just the dumb ones who get all the attention on social network sites and media outlets.

todongo   

Yes we do. I look at my younger brother (my junior by 10 years) and I just want to smack him sometimes. His laziness is appalling.

University is free in Scandinavia yet people can't even be bothered to have a free education anymore. They can't spell, they can't write proper swedish and it's all about X-Factor, Idol, reality shows, young mothers (some idiots who shouldn't be allowed outside let alone getting kids) etc etc.

England isn't any worse than other countries I'd say. I should know, I lived in quite a few.

I look at the youngsters today and it's all about shopping, video games, entertainment and ZERO investment in their own futures.

Lazy fools.

If I ever had any children (which, I probably won't due to injury and deformity), I would prefer having a laboratory in my house or backyard AND live within 12 city blocks of athletic facilities, esp. a proper football pitch. For all of my family and friends, but especially to encourage my children to take an active interest in exploring & doing things. Most children that live without abusive family members, with encouraging parents who take control are only missing some opportunities to use a variety of tools, learn more about the natural world, technology, or sport/athletics due to lack of money or local infrastructure & education.

It helps greatly for children and teens to have a place to do something, some tools, a means to acquire skills. A lot of people don't have this in their community and many parents have very few skills to impart.

Thanks - excellent article and some excellent comments attached to it - which makes it quite an extraordinary article.

Someone said it was the best piece on the site ever, which is probably true.

I take it that the author reads my comments here - the only bit I'd add is the advantage of hungry 2nd generation immigrants over lazier couch potatoes from 3rd and 4th generations. Britains problem has been that many of our earlier immigrants were from Asia with no football tradition (but have been great for the cricket) or only really made an impact in the 70s and 80s. Right now, 2nd generation Africans are making a very big impression on youth football.

0liver   

Neither Uruguay or Italy are all that, I think England will go through easily. Italy have one of the weakest teams in their history and they won't exactly be happy with the humidity either.

Uruguay are fading too, there's only so far forwards can carry you.

I think Netherlands or Spain will go out early, I fancy Chile to go through.

Edited by 0liver

The heat and humidity are going to be a killer. Can't see a Northern Hemisphere team winning.

Andyn   

Neither Uruguay or Italy are all that, I think England will go through easily. Italy have one of the weakest teams in their history and they won't exactly be happy with the humidity either.

Uruguay are fading too, there's only so far forwards can carry you.

I think Netherlands or Spain will go out early, I fancy Chile to go through.

Italy have the ability to be awful in the early stages of world cups and still go through before improving in the latter stages , uraguay basically at home will be tough at least expectation levels will be down and if we get out of the group I reckon weve done ok. can't see a european team winning this time around.

Sorry guys, but I honestly can't see England getting out of the group stages. Italy just have such a knack in this competition, they always qualify and always do well even with an underwhelming squad. Uruguay actually has a pretty solid team overall and I expect them to do very well this year just as they did in 2010.

However, I would have to say England's squad atm is quite poor, there isn't much cohesiveness among the team and just generally a lack of talent.