• Current Donation Goals

Blue_Fever

Official: Eden Hazard Departs For Real Madrid

Oh dear. The comparisons never stop. Neymar and Hazard. No I don't think so. Like it or not so far Neymar is a pure gift of God given talent and may go on to acquire the same berth as Messi, Ronaldo etc. Our Hazard is not quite their yet. At his age he is not likely to improve more than 25-30% more if I am being generous, and if I am not mistaken. Now it would be his brain that would keep expanding and his IQ shall increase in double digits. How he uses these attributes is entirely up to him and the coaching department. Lampard, Drogba, even Terry modified their game and went with the flow, realized their diminishing capacities and used their heads more. Joe Cole couldnt, even Terry took a long time and still struggling.

It took Arjen Robben 2 clubs and 4-5 long years to realize that his body wasn't up to it anymore, more to the point it never was. So they sent him to the Germans where they literally overhauled everything for him and use him as part of a huge squad and in important games.

My point is this no matter how fast of agile a young player may be the true test in the Premier League is always going to be his ability to keep it together because no matter what you do injuries are inevitable . Pace, dribbling speed, etc are all temporal sooner or later defenders are going to read you and then unless you learn to mix and match them you are going no where, and you are bound to slow down. So basically I want us to wrap Hazard in a cotton wool, play him decently yet sparingly, give him lots of books to read including trigonometry and basic calculus, Von Clauswitz etc. :)

After Scott Sinclair, Robben, Duff, Shevchenko, now effin Torres, Essien, Forsell, amongst many others, I don't think I can deal with more crooked attackers or those who were on the mend on our books and landed on "what could have been" pedestal. Losing your confidence can be a dangerous thing.

Anyway onwards and upwards, cautiously optimistic. Second season was always going to be a test.

JCX   

Oh dear. The comparisons never stop. Neymar and Hazard. No I don't think so. Like it or not so far Neymar is a pure gift of God given talent and may go on to acquire the same berth as Messi, Ronaldo etc. Our Hazard is not quite their yet. At his age he is not likely to improve more than 25-30% more if I am being generous, and if I am not mistaken. Now it would be his brain that would keep expanding and his IQ shall increase in double digits. How he uses these attributes is entirely up to him and the coaching department. Lampard, Drogba, even Terry modified their game and went with the flow, realized their diminishing capacities and used their heads more. Joe Cole couldnt, even Terry took a long time and still struggling.

It took Arjen Robben 2 clubs and 4-5 long years to realize that his body wasn't up to it anymore, more to the point it never was. So they sent him to the Germans where they literally overhauled everything for him and use him as part of a huge squad and in important games.

My point is this no matter how fast of agile a young player may be the true test in the Premier League is always going to be his ability to keep it together because no matter what you do injuries are inevitable . Pace, dribbling speed, etc are all temporal sooner or later defenders are going to read you and then unless you learn to mix and match them you are going no where, and you are bound to slow down. So basically I want us to wrap Hazard in a cotton wool, play him decently yet sparingly, give him lots of books to read including trigonometry and basic calculus, Von Clauswitz etc. :)

After Scott Sinclair, Robben, Duff, Shevchenko, now effin Torres, Essien, Forsell, amongst many others, I don't think I can deal with more crooked attackers or those who were on the mend on our books and landed on "what could have been" pedestal. Losing your confidence can be a dangerous

Yo

Anyway onwards and upwards, cautiously optimistic. Second season was always going to be a test.

Youre quite optimistic ehh?

Edited by JCX

Scooba   

Youre quite optimistic ehh?

I stopped reading after the first couple of sentences. If you honestly can't see that Hazard is up there with the best young talent in the world then you don't have decent football knowledge. It's Neymar who needs to prove himself in Europe before he really is one of the best. Hazard has already shown in England he is ridiculously good. He's the player I am most excited about for the future within our current squad.

I stopped reading after the first couple of sentences. If you honestly can't see that Hazard is up there with the best young talent in the world then you don't have decent football knowledge. It's Neymar who needs to prove himself in Europe before he really is one of the best. Hazard has already shown in England he is ridiculously good. He's the player I am most excited about for the future within our current squad.

Well I am glad you didn't read any further. Obviously it wasn't written for your benefit or with you in mind. As for Neymar needing to prove himself in Europe, well lets put it this way; Neither has Hazard! oh no he has in the piss poor French league which is so much superior to the Brazilian league. One thing is for certain Neymar performed really well in an International tournament or relative importance. Our Hazard has yet to. I hope am proven wrong, but you are definitely right.

Harvz   

He looked tired yesterday. I play 90 minutes of football 2-3 times a week in Thailand at the moment and its really no joke. I'm fit as a fiddle, and supposedly in my physical prime (28 y/o), but I'm in bits the day after, even with a proper warm down. Malaysia is even more difficult because of the late afternoon rains driving the humidity through the roof.

It will be interesting to see how his role develops when Mata is back and when the other lads continue to become more dominant and the opposition can't just mark him out of the game.

hanuma   

As for Neymar needing to prove himself in Europe, well lets put it this way; Neither has Hazard! oh no he has in the piss poor French league which is so much superior to the Brazilian league.

Did last year not happen or something? Regrettably, I must ask, 'prove himself' how?

Well I am glad you didn't read any further. Obviously it wasn't written for your benefit or with you in mind. As for Neymar needing to prove himself in Europe, well lets put it this way; Neither has Hazard! oh no he has in the piss poor French league which is so much superior to the Brazilian league. One thing is for certain Neymar performed really well in an International tournament or relative importance. Our Hazard has yet to. I hope am proven wrong, but you are definitely right.

Wow just wow, I don't write to often in here but I've been reading this forum since 2008 and some of the posts in here is ridiculous sometimes. Including this one where's the football knowledge mate? So you fail to see the significance in the Premier League but can see it in the mickey mouse cup, confederations cup? First of, let me clear this for you Hazard has not only proven himself in the French League, he won the player of the year award for two consecutive seasons. Second of all he played in the champions league year 2011 and was magnificent against Inter in the group stages home and away.

Note: The French league is better than the Brazilian league where defending is absymal and the French league has a better standard overall.

Third of, those are two diffrent type of players. Where as Hazard has the better ball control, dribbling and passing, compared to Neymar whose strenghts lies in his finishing, speed, skills and agility. IF I had to choose between the two it would be Hazard because he is the safer card and can bring more to the team with his passing and cleverness.

Edited by Mikel-Momo-12

CFC1966   

Our Hazard is not quite their yet. At his age he is not likely to improve more than 25-30% more if I am being generous, and if I am not mistaken. Now it would be his brain that would keep expanding and his IQ shall increase in double digits. How he uses these attributes is entirely up to him and the coaching department.

You are correct in saying Hazard is not quite there yet. However, how on earth you can state this with any foundation is beyond me - pure comedy gold. How much did Drogba improve from the age of 24 to the age of 30 - more than 30%? Hazard has already proved he is an incredible talent who will improve by more than 30% over the next 3-5yrs, even more so under the tutorage of JM.

Hazard has already proved he can more than compete in the BPL in a team, that last season was dis-jointed, relatively leaderless and with the added achilles of being in transition managed by a clown.

As good as Neymar could be, he was almost anonymous in both games against a no more than average England team. Currently (IMO), Neymar is no different to Robinho when he arrived in Europe - a great prospect with immense talent but yet to prove he can do it week in week out on the bigger stage.

Fortunately for your argument, Neymar has chosen the easiest option on paper in a League where 90% of his games will be against teams incapable of competing.

Scooba   

I hope am proven wrong, but you are definitely right.

Thanks, I'm glad we cleared that up.

Codger   

At his age he is not likely to improve more than 25-30% more if I am being generous, and if I am not mistaken.

Such percentages are meaningless without an established baseline.