• Current Donation Goals

Blue_Fever

Official: Eden Hazard Departs For Real Madrid

He can get 25-30% better.

I thought it was fairly obvious. Arbitrary scale no need to establish any baseline performance levels. If he is a 1 now and he is going to improve another 25-30%.....that of course remains my opinion. I haven't seen the stats from last season and if that puts him head and shoulders above the rest, then great, we have a star on our hands, I am too darn short sighted to see it yet. May be !.

Let me put this to you sirs, how much improvement do you see possible in Hazard? and this is for the sirs not the riff raff defenders of the great French league and my poor footballing knowledge (right as they may be).

I see potential for a fair bit of improvement.

I'm sorry your 'arbitrary scale' wasn't 'fairly obvious' to me. I think Hazard can get 784 megatrons better.

Edited by thevelourfog

He will win the Ballon d'Or. I hope he does it with us but I have a feeling it will be at Madrid when they look to replace Ronaldo with him. He and Neymar will be the next messi and Ronaldo in terms of being the best 2 in the world and fighting it out for the honour each year.

Sarin   

He can get 25-30% better.

I thought it was fairly obvious. Arbitrary scale no need to establish any baseline performance levels. If he is a 1 now and he is going to improve another 25-30%.....that of course remains my opinion. I haven't seen the stats from last season and if that puts him head and shoulders above the rest, then great, we have a star on our hands, I am too darn short sighted to see it yet. May be !.

Let me put this to you sirs, how much improvement do you see possible in Hazard? and this is for the sirs not the riff raff defenders of the great French league and my poor footballing knowledge (right as they may be).

^ What is this ^

He can get 25-30% better, Definitely not 32% better, THAT IS JUST MADNESS ?

You may as well have come on here and said "I think Hazard can only get 1 eskimo better than a tub of butter"

I have finally derived an exact number using my complex algorithm which only 3 living people in this world can understand.

My number is this : Hazard will get 28.4591% better. Mind you, my algorithm only gives correct number up to 4 decimal places. Make of it what you want.

I see potential for a fair bit of improvement.

I'm sorry your 'arbitrary scale' wasn't 'fairly obvious' to me. I think Hazard can get 784 megatrons better.

Personally, I think he can get better by 3. You're overstating him a little.

^ What is this ^

He can get 25-30% better, Definitely not 32% better, THAT IS JUST MADNESS ?

You may as well have come on here and said "I think Hazard can only get 1 eskimo better than a tub of butter"

One and a half.

On another point with Hazard. Anyone else think we might see him in the No 10 role a bit more this season?

I think he can be very succesful in this role but never had much chance there last season, mainly due to great form of Mata but also due to squad being light and so many games.

When we play 4-3-3 its obvious he will play wide, but I do wonder that when we go 4-2-3-1 whether we might see him more centrally.

There are stories about Jose not being a massive fan of Mata. However, mian reason I think this is to utilise the pace of Hazard against slower central defenders rather than fullbacks. Centre backs will not want to be dragged out of position to pick Hazard up, this will leave them with a real problem as if Hazard has found space between the lines then he will likey having a running start against centre halfs who will end up fouling him to stop him.

I also feel he will look to give more assists that Mata from this role. To me, Hazard seems to enjoy assisting a team mate more than scoring himself. Mata is an assit machine, but he can also have the selfishness of a striker at times (this is not a criticism before some read it what way).

Hazard as a No 10 will draw even more fouls that he does out wide. He has the tight control to pull players out of positions,with the strength and pace to be devastating in this position.

I am not saying he needs to start there ahead of Mata, because Mata cannot have the impact out wide that Hazard can, so he may have to be a victim of his versatility. But I think Rafa could of rested Mata more last season and not lose the quality by playing Hazard there. This never really happened but I do think Mourinho may exploit this asset more this season.

I would like to see him be the no.1 choice in that role. He needs to be on the ball as much possible and the no.10 role allows for that more so that wide-left - even if the system is fluid. Mata played a fair bit on the right-flank last season and did well there. We've also seen KDB play as a no.10 in the pre-season games and I must say I much prefer him there to being on the flank (he is not a winger), and I assume the management think as much purely because of the Schurrle signing. At the end of the day I believe Hazard will stay out wide as there is a bigger dip in quality between him and the next candidate (Schurrle, KDB) in that position compared to centrally (Mata, Oscar, KDB).