• Current Donation Goals

Blue_Fever

Official: Eden Hazard Departs For Real Madrid

Hasn't scored in preseason yet. Clearly his superb first season was a fluke and we are seeing the real hazard now. 32m down the drain.

On that note its quite interesting to see how conservative he is during preseason.

Also, imo it'l prove to be a boon for us in the coming years how he seems to become better during the latter half of the season.

I remember when earthshine used to be a decent poster and then became overly sarcastic and now his sarcasm induced posts are off the rail.

I find it quite amusing now, that most if not all share the view that Eden Hazard is a finished product, and last season he produced some of the best football for a player his age. I don't buy that; for me it is always going to be the second and part of the third season to convince me that he is complete player specially in the Premiership. You guys take your opinion and I will keep mine, and I would be happier if proven wrong.

I would normally suggest you read up the posts, but in your case I would dispense with this formality.

You see you will have to follow the entire disjointed discussion before making a comment such as this. On the other hand there is this Ignore option which most decent folks/adults would have taken if their sensibilities were so offended, and you are welcome to it. I did not invite you to a chat here, you know, take it or leave it kind of thing. I can respond in kind.... but no somebody has to act like an adult here . Any sarcasm you detect is purely your imagination in this case.:)

See you around. Actually I wont so don't reply please. :)Good luck mate.

hanuma   

I don't how to answer the first part. Torres had a good season at Liverpool. Yes I said that. Prove himself by being a consistent performer as opposed to a flash in the pan; one season we had a Joe Cole, one season we paid 50 million. We need a Juan Mata not one of the aforementioned ones. We don't know whats going to happen, may be his dad will come in and demand an extortionate pay rise or a transfer to RM, what do we know, may be he will end up in the pub and come out with an anklet, or some white snuff thing. We just don't know.

So to me he has a lot to prove, put in a shift and do it all again. He has to earn his colours kind of thing you know. I can go on this theme ad nauseum add a snippet of sentimentality, but the bottom line is I consistency and commitment are my basic parameters for judging a Chelsea player. For me Oscar, Hazard, Moses, etc still have a lot to prove. And they haven't won much either.

He is superbly talented and if he can keep his head down and eye on the ball, we will be lucky to have him.

There's a pretty wide distinction between proving you can play and becoming a complete and consistent performer. Hazard has at least achieved the first. Neymar is yet to.

On that note its quite interesting to see how conservative he is during preseason.

Also, imo it'l prove to be a boon for us in the coming years how he seems to become better during the latter half of the season.

This is actually a very good observation as he was also conservative in last years pre-season. Funnily enough I remember quite a few posters calling him overrated based on those performances whilst praising the incredible bargain buy, Marko Marin. I think the most important thing to take from pre-season is that it really means nothing in reality. As a team we had a horrific tour last year losing quite a few games and then were top of the league up until October

There's a pretty wide distinction between proving you can play and becoming a complete and consistent performer. Hazard has at least achieved the first. Neymar is yet to.

Well if the barometer is performance in Europe, then yes Eden Hazard is miles ahead of Neymar. If it is simpler like playing in league games etc and international performance then their may not be much difference with Neymar slightly edging him. Mind, that he rejected previous moves to Europe to continue growing his game which he thought was better in Brazil.

Anyhow I rest my case and agree to disagree here. I hope you are right, I do accept that you have a better eye for a player (this is from the Torres thread may be 5 years ago! oh I remember). So we wait and see. Great talents both of them.

hanuma   

Well if the barometer is performance in Europe, then yes Eden Hazard is miles ahead of Neymar. If it is simpler like playing in league games etc and international performance then their may not be much difference with Neymar slightly edging him. Mind, that he rejected previous moves to Europe to continue growing his game which he thought was better in Brazil.

Anyhow I rest my case and agree to disagree here. I hope you are right, I do accept that you have a better eye for a player (this is from the Torres thread may be 5 years ago! oh I remember). So we wait and see. Great talents both of them.

I didn't mention Neymar, my response was purely to your suggestion that Hazard hadn't proven himself in Europe. But regarding such a comparison, I think you can't compare them on shared experience. In the last 2 years alone Neymar has played about 40 times for Brazil's full senior side, compared to Hazard's 15 appearances for Belgium. And the Premier League is a vastly more challenging league than Série A. You have to have pure faith based on a great deal of mediocre-level competition that Neymar has far more significant potential than Hazard. It may work out that way, but there is nothing definite. We have a far more solid body of evidence to suggest Hazard can develop into a far greater player than he currently is, whereas we just don't know with Neymar yet. I have doubts over some technical aspects of his game, particularly how his game favors open spaces and he takes a lot of luxury touches, blind to where defenders are, but that may simply be a product of the environment's he's worked in so far. If he's going to succeed at Barca he will have to adapt well and quickly to a very different environment.

Regarding Neymar taking a lot of luxury touches, think its going to be something he's going to have to cut out especially at Barca. That's something Alexis Sanchez, for instance, never managed to cut out from his game and it seriously hurt him IMO. Mind you, Sanchez was never as amazingly gifted technically as Neymar is either, but you look at the Barca players and they rarely ever do extravagant stuff. They're pass and move based predominantly, and they are all required to chip in defensively. Frankly, I'm skeptical that Neymar can adapt.

With respect to Hazard, last season I felt he was great. I rate him as being up there with the best in terms of technical ability, he showed remarkable workrate at times, was tactically disciplined, got his fair share of goals and assists, and he basically enhanced our attacking play quite a bit by just merely being on the team sheet. He and Mata were two of the best players in the league. Certainly proved himself as far as I'm concerned.