• Current Donation Goals

Blue_Fever

Official: Eden Hazard Departs For Real Madrid

Cole was brilliant against Munich and I still think he's one of the very top players in the game.

Shame he doesn't treat every game as if it's a cup final though.

Getting his pants pulled down most games and forcing Eden to defend a lot more.

JM7   

Getting frustrated with Hazard, he really needs to step his game up to be considered world class. He flits in and out of games too much and lacks that "dominating" effect. I sometimes think he can't be bothered

JM7   

Getting frustrated with Hazard, he really needs to step his game up to be considered world class. He flits in and out of games too much and lacks that "dominating" effect. I sometimes think he can't be bothered

How is he not bothered when he's attracting 3 men to mark him amid countless rakes to the ankle and shin? He's consistently the most fouled player in Europe. How that translates to 'can't be bothered' is beyond me.

As for stepping up his game to be considered world class, he's 22 years old. Have a bit of perspective.

How is he not bothered when he's attracting 3 men to mark him amid countless rakes to the ankle and shin? He's consistently the most fouled player in Europe. How that translates to 'can't be bothered' is beyond me.

As for stepping up his game to be considered world class, he's 22 years old. Have a bit of perspective.

The funny thing for me though is that he already is world class. He needs to be more dominating in larger spells though, plenty of world class attacking players have this problem look at Silva in city.

life   

Teams seem to have have realised marking him with 2 men won't stop him....watching hazard countless number of times he will just beat them...so looks like they have come to a conclusion to use 3 men, and it looks like it is doing the job,

The aim of teams seem to be to keep hazard away from being around the box, especially the left side of the penalty area where he is very dangerous........the team also seem to isolate hazard and not help him out of situations where he is marked by 3 players lately

But I am sure jose's frustration is that hazard is not our only quality player, we have de bruyne, mata, willian, schurrle and oscar...who probably have only 1 man to mark, with the talent they possess should be beating and faring with them very easily compared, even though some are not direct dribblers like he is, they still should be doing better, creating more clear cut chances..

Trasition from defence to attack still seems to be our major problem though, seems like something jose is trying to teach the lads...and something which will take time.
The torres goal against bayern was a beautiful example of how we should transition from defense to attack..
That seems to be the 'identity' jose wants to give the club..

Edited by life

Sarin   

Either need to get the ball faster, and to his feet (NOT OVER THE TOP, OR LONG BALL TO HIM)

So they don't have time to get deep and triple mark him.

For this, we would need players in the DM rolls who actually pass the ball quickly and create chances.

Or we need the players around him, Mata/Oscar/Shurrle and the Striker to make the runs and open options for him.

Mata had been doing this, Oscar does as well.

The problem prior to this has been the striker doesn't.

If we can get all the attackers flowing and doing it properly, with the DM's getting the ball forward faster (more accurately, not just over the top) It would help him a lot.

DLU   

I have to admit I am very disappointed with Hazard's season so far. I don't blame him personally. It might be due to the change we are undergoing or for any other reason that is not his fault, but I expected so much more from him...

^^

Early days yet. I'd rather he start off slow before coming into his own than the other way around. If I'm not mistaken, that's just generally been Eden's trajectory in previous seasons.