• Current Donation Goals

Blue_Fever

Official: Eden Hazard Departs For Real Madrid

How is he not bothered when he's attracting 3 men to mark him amid countless rakes to the ankle and shin? He's consistently the most fouled player in Europe. How that translates to 'can't be bothered' is beyond me.

As for stepping up his game to be considered world class, he's 22 years old. Have a bit of perspective.

Exactly. Mourinho noted this as well. He's marked by sometimes 3 players per game. I think Hazard really would benefit alot by having a striker who could drop deep and pull some players away from him. IMO, that's one of the reasons why Mata also brings the best out of him. When the 2 of them are close to each other, opponents know that they are equally deadly and have no choice but to try to cover them both. What makes their partnership even better is the instinctive understanding they've got. They really do click and work in tandem.

I've seen Eto'o dropping deep and also working the channels a lot so far - which can be a good thing for players like Hazard and Oscar. Its a pity Samuel didn't have a pre-season with us. He looks like a player trying to find his place in the team at the moment.

DLU   

A lot of people were saying that Hazard will be POTY this season. The same people are disappointed now. Its called managing expectations.

I don't want to start an argument, but he already came close last year and put in some phenomenal displays during the final stages of the season. Given his age, it seemed like a natural progression for him to go a step further this season, and that's why high expectations aren't inappropriate at this stage. In any case, I won't blame him for anything as he seems to be working hard, and I am confident that he will improve.

Feel the need to congratulate Croatia for their homework ahead of their World Cup qualifier with Belgium which is being played as I type. They've clearly picked up on the fashionable tactic for dealing with Eden because they're booting him up in the air at almost every opportunity. They got away with the first two but, the third time they tried it Howard Webb remembered that Eden isn't playing for Chelsea today and gave the free-kick!

Up to half time, Eden has done a few things which look nice but without really hurting Croatia. Still I suppose it's hard to be all that effective when you're laying on the ground clutching your ankle.

Edited by Bridgejunky

Feel the need to congratulate Croatia for their homework ahead of their World Cup qualifier with Belgium which is being played as I type. They've clearly picked up on the fashionable tactic for dealing with Eden because they're booting him up in the air at almost every opportunity. They got away with the first two but, the third time they tried it Howard Webb remembered that Eden isn't playing for Chelsea today and gave the free-kick!

Up to half time, Eden has done a few things which look nice but without really hurting Croatia. Still I suppose it's hard to be all that effective when you're laying on the ground clutching your ankle.

Hazard's the most fouled player I've ever seen. I used to think it was Messi, but Hazard's overtaken him as far as I'm concerned. Oscar's another one who is subjected to some of the dirtiest fouls you'll ever see. Anyway, a lot of physicality was focused at Ronaldo as well and he responded by packing on the muscle at Man Utd. I think its up to Hazard now to do the same. Not that he's having problems physically at all though, because I think he's deceptively strong.

Lampen   

Hazard's the most fouled player I've ever seen. I used to think it was Messi, but Hazard's overtaken him as far as I'm concerned. Oscar's another one who is subjected to some of the dirtiest fouls you'll ever see. Anyway, a lot of physicality was focused at Ronaldo as well and he responded by packing on the muscle at Man Utd. I think its up to Hazard now to do the same. Not that he's having problems physically at all though, because I think he's deceptively strong.

Packing muscles on hazard will destroy his edge imo. He just needs some more core strength.

True - but the problem this season is the new agreement with refs that allows players to get away with pretty much anything. There are going to be some seriously bloody games and Man City, traditionally bully boys, will be really tough.

I don't think hazard can do much about it - except go down. The old saw - never show you are injured only worked when players would take advantage of the weak. But nowadays they take advantage of anyone, the weak being the refs.

I think we are going to get several things happen as a result of what is supposed to be a move to make the game flow.

First no one will bother to take on a man till the second half because first half bookings no longer exists - boring football until one team goes a goal down..

Second they'll be a lot more diving - both pure dives and exaggerated, as players get frustrated.

Third, skillful players will get squeezed out of the game at the expense of the tacklers. (Man of the season so far, Ramires, who really adapted his game last season and worked out just what he can and can't get away with - oh for a really fit Essien).

Edit: Maybe Hazard has been doing the work in the gym already.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/dat-ass-eden-hazards-prominent-posterior-sends-luka-modric-flying-through-the-croatian-sky/

Once again the FA/refs have shown they have absolutely no idea about running a discipline system. Absolute shite.

They reckon they can make the game flow better by rewarding fouls and tugs and kicks in stead of punishing them. Idiots, and the football supporter is the loser.

Edited by Droy was my hero

True - but the problem this season is the new agreement with refs that allows players to get away with pretty much anything. There are going to be some seriously bloody games and Man City, traditionally bully boys, will be really tough.

Man City certainly were a violent bunch past few years under Mancini... Don't think its quite the same under Pellegrini. Malaga were nothing like that under him, and neither were Villarreal. Personally, I think we'll need to keep an eye on West Ham and Stoke.

Man City certainly were a violent bunch past few years under Mancini... Don't think its quite the same under Pellegrini. Malaga were nothing like that under him, and neither were Villarreal. Personally, I think we'll need to keep an eye on West Ham and Stoke.

Let's hope so with City. Stoke - with Mark Hughes trying to change their style of play - it surely can only get more violent and sounds terrifying.

I'm always in a argue with my fellow friends about the better player Hazard or Bale, would like to know what you guys in here think. Hazard for me as he is such a better all rounded footballer.

Hazard's got more talent but he isn't using it yet. Last season I think will be the best we ever see of Gareth Bale, him pushing every bit of talent he has to the absolute limit. That's not to say I think it was a flukey season for him or anything along those lines - he's proven over a number of years what a great player he is - but I think his decision to go to Spain was very unwise. He's pretty much the perfect Premier League footballer, much like Ronaldo was, but unlike Ronaldo I don't think he has the adaptability to show his best in Spain as well. He doesn't quite have the footballing brain to be able to do what Ronaldo, Messi, Iniesta and co. do.

As for Hazard, he's more like Messi. Not as good, obviously, but possibly the player most closely comparable to him in football at the moment. He has everything Messi has, but just a little less of it.

I don't think Bale will ever break into the top 5 players in the world - as I said I think we've seen his best and what we see barely gets him into the top 10 - but I think Hazard can. He isn't there yet, but he has the ability and the brain. With the right management from Mourinho and enough work he can be the best player in our league in a year or two.

Slightly muddled post, sorry. But I guess the points I'm trying to make are clear enough.

Edited by Zianfranco Gola