• Current Donation Goals

Blue_Fever

Official: Eden Hazard Departs For Real Madrid

I wondered at first if it was too many Spanish, but it seems there are 5 Germans and just 2 Spaniards on the list.

5 players from the Prem (before and after the Ozil/Bale swap), 7 from the Bundesliga. Which just goes to prove what I have always said - nobody actually watches the Bundesliga because there are too many good games on from the Prem..

Scooba   

Great composure shown to put away that penalty. He was under immense pressure, no doubt about that.

5 goals in his last 6 games, are we starting to see the return that most believe reflects his talent?

Edited by Scooba

Digits   

Eto'o's goal was also the result of Hazard shooting, when he 1st came everyone was froffing over his assists, but, really & truly Hazard at that age, should have already been looking to become a goal-oriented player, I'm glad Mourinho came in and has turned his head to go down that route, although 5 in 6 is no rubber stamp. It's a good start. I'm glad.

Great composure shown to put away that penalty. He was under immense pressure, no doubt about that.

5 goals in his last 6 games, are we starting to see the return that most believe reflects his talent?

Not really. The goals are there - definitely. Not happy at all thus far with his contributions on the pitch though. He's drifting centrally a whole lot less this season IMO. He's a lot more one dimensional, playing more as a winger, and IMO its made him easier to defend against.

Edited by Blue_In_Every_Way

Not really. The goals are there - definitely. Not happy at all thus far with his contributions on the pitch though. He's drifting centrally a whole lot less this season IMO. He's a lot more one dimensional, playing more as a winger, and IMO its made him easier to defend against.

I agree with this and what teams have tended to do is just let our full backs have as much of the ball as they like and double/triple mark our wide men. As Cole and Bane are so poor in possession this tactic is working very well against us and with Hazard predominantly playing out wide and not drifting this has lead to him being incredibly isolated. As an example if he had Baines playing behind him, overlapping, linking up and also being a major threat he would suddenly have a lot more space to work with but as it is Cole is comlpetely inneffectual going forward. Bertrand has actually looked decent to me this season and I would like to see him used a lot more in home games such as the one yesterday. We have a massive problem with our full backs, stupid thing is we already have a ready made solution at RB on the bench. All of the best teams in the world now have dynamic full backs who are as good on the ball as they are defensively and the replacement of Cole seems as though it is coming now as we are even seeing Azpi at LB ahead of him. Signing a a forward thinking LB and giving Azpi some game time would do absolute wonders for our team and especially our AMs who have been kicked and swarmed by 2 or 3 players everytime they recieve the ball in every game we play against lesser opposition.

Coming along nicely now with 8 goals and 5 assists in 18 appearances so far. I think breaking the 20 goals barrier is a realistic target for this season. I also think it's not a coincidence that he's looked better the last couple of games with Mata by his side. Those two just seem to be on the same wavelength and often toy with defenders.

As I mentioned on the match thread, I think it's important to be patient with Hazard as he's still just a kid and won't find the level of consistency to destroy attacks week in week out just yet. I've compared him to Ribery before, and the Frenchman didn't hit his peak until his mid-to-late 20's. By comparison, at 22, Ribery was just starting to make a name for himself at Marseille. At 22, Hazard is already one of the best players in the league. Give him time, the sky is the limit.

He doesn't seem to really get started until 2 players on the other side have been booked - which is a pretty Spanish way of doing things but effective.

At Sunderland the cards (unusually) came out first half and he was terrific from the start of the 2nd half.

Scooba   

Eden Hazard scored 4 of his 6 League goals when Juan Mata was on the pitch.

Eden Hazard scored 4 of his 6 League goals when Juan Mata was on the pitch.

You could interpret that as he only scores against rubbish teams then. Or he scores a lot in the last 10 minutes.