• Current Donation Goals

Blue_Fever

Official: Eden Hazard Departs For Real Madrid

Sir   

I'm just interested in what Hazard we will see this season.

Oddly, if he were to leave any time soon it would be quite entertaining. Judging by the current climate he would surely command say a cool 100 million? Perhaps slightly more. If we get the Hazard we know we can get then fine, but if it's another showing like last season I say potentially get a bucket load of cash for him and send him to RM.

On 29 July 2016 at 5:26 PM, Sir said:

I'm just interested in what Hazard we will see this season.

Oddly, if he were to leave any time soon it would be quite entertaining. Judging by the current climate he would surely command say a cool 100 million? Perhaps slightly more. If we get the Hazard we know we can get then fine, but if it's another showing like last season I say potentially get a bucket load of cash for him and send him to RM.

Whereby no doubt he'll turn out to be better than De Bruyne currently is. 

Edited by nutmegsw6

What are we to do with Hazard? Is it the man or the manager (again?) He is so inconsistent. 

He should be running games not flitting in and out. He rather sums up what appears to be wrong with a lot of squad. 

15 minutes ago, Patnevinswedge said:

What are we to do with Hazard? Is it the man or the manager (again?) He is so inconsistent. 

He should be running games not flitting in and out. He rather sums up what appears to be wrong with a lot of squad. 

The best thing we can do, is to accept he's not a new Messi/Ronaldo or even a new Iniesta. He's a very good player who lacks the killer instinct to bang them in as much as his talent would suggest he should. He's inconsistent, a bit soft and doesn't seem very focused or determined to win. 

The sooner we stop pretending he is something he clearly isn't, the better for everyone concerned. He only cost is £32m. At his current output, that's an OK price. Definitely worth keeping, but there are other high earners who clearly should not. 

Bison   
11 minutes ago, Patnevinswedge said:

Did you watch the first half vs Liverpool? The team could barely build play (regularly lost it within 5-10 seconds of regaining possession) and were incredibly deep; it was vintage **** on a stick football. The second half wasn't much better.

Face the facts: the team is largely made up of rubbish footballers who capitulate when faced with good opponents.

Hazard is one of the very few quality players that we have (you can count them on one hand) and he was playing as an auxiliary LB for most of the first half on Friday night. How can he run games under those circumstances? You're asking him to do something that no footballer in world football is capable of.

5 minutes ago, Bison said:

Did you watch the first half vs Liverpool? The team could barely build play (regularly lost it within 5-10 seconds of regaining possession) and were incredibly deep; it was vintage **** on a stick football. The second half wasn't much better.

Face the facts: the team is largely made up of rubbish footballers who capitulate when faced with good opponents.

Hazard is one of the very few quality players that we have (you can count them on one hand) and he was playing as an auxiliary LB for most of the first half on Friday night. How can he run games under those circumstances? You're asking him to do something that no footballer in world football is capable of.

Lets not make excuses for the guy. His best form came under a manager who was not much different to Conte's in terms of demands.. 

Hazard simply lacks consistency. At his current age, Ronaldo and Messi were already crushing their opponents. There is no reason for that other than the mere fact that he is not in their class.

Bison   
19 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Lets not make excuses for the guy. His best form came under a manager who was not much different to Conte's in terms of demands.. 

Hazard simply lacks consistency. At his current age, Ronaldo and Messi were already crushing their opponents. There is no reason for that other than the mere fact that he is not in their class.

Not making excuses. I just think it's unfair to expect a dominating performance from an attacking player when he's playing for a team as bad as ours.

At 25, both Ronaldo and Messi were playing in great teams with vastly superior teammates than Hazard has now. Hazard definitely isn't in the Messi/Ronaldo class but he's not worse than De Bruyne and look at him flourishing under an attacking coach with quality teammates.

Anyway, I doubt we'll have this 'problem' for much longer. I can see Hazard moving on next summer if his agent has any sense.

Edited by Bison

I get the feeling that just once he'd like to play for a side set up to attack and not just to defend.

The game plan against Liverpool must've horrified him.

He's a very good player struggling with the attention with very little help from his teammates.

• Like 2

chelboy   

Yeah I have always felt if we dont become more of an attacking side Hazard would eventually force a move.  The whole world class debate is such a hard one because I think it really depends on the team you play for. If De Bruyne was still here he wont play with as much freedom as he does for City so probably would not stand out that much. If Hazard played for City people would be calling him world class etc. We will never know how good he is until he plays in attacking sides that dont depend on him every game to create something. Sometimes I really do feel sorry for the guy, so much reliance on him to create stuff it really is not fair.

• Like 2