• Current Donation Goals

Blue_Fever

Official: Eden Hazard Departs For Real Madrid

12 hours ago, chelboy said:

Yeah I have always felt if we dont become more of an attacking side Hazard would eventually force a move.  The whole world class debate is such a hard one because I think it really depends on the team you play for. If De Bruyne was still here he wont play with as much freedom as he does for City so probably would not stand out that much. If Hazard played for City people would be calling him world class etc. We will never know how good he is until he plays in attacking sides that dont depend on him every game to create something. Sometimes I really do feel sorry for the guy, so much reliance on him to create stuff it really is not fair.

It would be scary. Imagine Hazard, Silva, De Bruyne, and Sterling behind Aguero. 

23 minutes ago, A Blue Essien said:

It would be scary. Imagine Hazard, Silva, De Bruyne, and Sterling behind Aguero. 

Well, luckily , we'll be able to see for ourselves  this time next year.

On 18 September 2016 at 9:47 PM, chelboy said:

Yeah I have always felt if we dont become more of an attacking side Hazard would eventually force a move.  The whole world class debate is such a hard one because I think it really depends on the team you play for. If De Bruyne was still here he wont play with as much freedom as he does for City so probably would not stand out that much. If Hazard played for City people would be calling him world class etc. We will never know how good he is until he plays in attacking sides that dont depend on him every game to create something. Sometimes I really do feel sorry for the guy, so much reliance on him to create stuff it really is not fair.

I agree with this in regards to Hazard. The reason we rely on him so much is because our other players aren't nearly as good as some here claim them to be. Including Fabregas. 

Some seem to want to oversimplify our problems. It's our manager (Jose), it's our tactics (Conte), it's our squad size (every day for the past 8 years). 

I  truth, we have many problems. Squad size is one. Player quality another. The way we are managed at board/owner level a third. A fourth is the constant chopping and changing of managers. A fifth a complete lack of coherent strategy for player acquisitions. There's probably more - like how we give out high-wage contracts to players who don't deserve them. 

We can change managers a thousand times more and nothing will change. We need better players and more of them. We need consistency at manager level and a manager that's given time to build a well-functioning side. That manager needs to be supported by a board who lets said manager build that squad in his own mould. 

We do nothing of the above. No freaking wonder we struggle. 

2 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

I agree with this in regards to Hazard. The reason we rely on him so much is because our other players aren't nearly as good as some here claim them to be. Including Fabregas. 

Some seem to want to oversimplify our problems. It's our manager (Jose), it's our tactics (Conte), it's our squad size (every day for the past 8 years). 

I  truth, we have many problems. Squad size is one. Player quality another. The way we are managed at board/owner level a third. A fourth is the constant chopping and changing of managers. A fifth a complete lack of coherent strategy for player acquisitions. There's probably more - like how we give out high-wage contracts to players who don't deserve them. 

We can change managers a thousand times more and nothing will change. We need better players and more of them. We need consistency at manager level and a manager that's given time to build a well-functioning side. That manager needs to be supported by a board who lets said manager build that squad in his own mould. 

We do nothing of the above. 

chuchillIt is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

1 hour ago, nutmegsw6 said:

chuchillIt is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

1. Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

If you're going through hell, keep going.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.

2. Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak. Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

Edited by Patnevinswedge

27 minutes ago, nutmegsw6 said:

And it's about time they rethought the loan policy and appointed some footballing people to the board. :happy:

It is wrong to think of there being a loan policy.  It is just one stage in the development of players but has multiple purposes within the pipeline.  Some are on their way up, some on their way out, some in limbo and some treading water.

It is the result of both the successes and failures of the acquisition program, no more.  A bit like classifying Cambridge University and Belmarsh Prison together in the same set of outcomes for teenagers.

Incidentally I recently learnt that Loanees are still qualified to play for the Chelsea development (U23) team, which makes the loan scheme a bit more practical.

I know it has been said before and we a treading old ground, but I just find it convoluted and of little benefit to the first team. We are now on 38 loanees and the team finished in the worse spot since RA's ownership, we are neither producing the next John Terry or buying him, hardly an endorsement that this is working.

"We don't send players out because we are trying to recover money, we send them because we want them to play and develop," Chelsea technical director Michael Emenalo has said.

Perhaps we are trying to emulate the Italians, in particular a Parma side that had 226 listed or affiliated players before they went bust. 

Edited by nutmegsw6

Jasonb   

I wouldn't be surprised if the football authorities stamp down on this with a limit you can have on loan.

We have seen a number of younger players break through yet they do not show enough to keep a place.

Undoubtedly this is partly because each of our managers has a big reputation and is careful of their reputation and so risk averse.

I don't see this changing with the odd exception until we get into financial difficulties.