• Current Donation Goals

cc1173

Jose Mourinho Sacked For The Second Time by Chelsea. Joins Manchester United. And now sacked by them too!

51 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Time to lock this thread and move on

These posts are pretty annoying. If you don't want to read or talk about Jose, there is a very simple, easy thing you can do about it.

Not at all bothered by the Mourinho/United comment. Most clubs, including our own, put asinine words in the mouths of whoever it is they've signed. I'm sure he'll be genuinely pleased to have a huge new job, and will get on well there. I would in his circumstances. Doesn't change anything he said or did here.

15 minutes ago, zaffo said:

That I am not. Don't really care what he has to say to be quite honest. I'm not all too bothered that he's joined United and felt more displeasure when he left the first time and then joined Inter Milan. Just thought I'd post it up given the thread etc.

Ditto what I've said above.

Sorry Zaffo, I didn't mean to suggest you felt that way... I was just adding to the quote you had posted. I should have made myself clearer, and apologise for any hurt caused.

9 minutes ago, Jonny_CFC said:

Agree there should be no booing and I will be very disappointed if I hear any, classless and childish move.

However, a standing ovation for his return to the Bridge or singing his name at the Bridge again. No thanks, not for me.

Agreed. I always thought the Mourinho song to be a bit cringeworthy anyways. I do think he deserves a nice applaud/ovation first time back (before the game). But after that it's only about us. 

9 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

His best seasons, in terms of outperforming the limitatons of his squad are probably 03/04 and 14/15, and the Inter CL win close behind.  One poor 4 months in all that time - yet you  want to write him off?

Agreed. That Porto side in 03/04 was amazing and what he did with Inter was remarkable. 

11 minutes ago, Jonny_CFC said:

Agree there should be no booing and I will be very disappointed if I hear any, classless and childish move.

However, a standing ovation for his return to the Bridge or singing his name at the Bridge again. No thanks, not for me.

It will be interesting to see how many give him a standing ovation or even sing his name.

Here's a thought...

In 9 years time, when Roman has owned us for 25 years, what will he be remembered for?

Winning 4 PL titles and 1 CL in 25 years, or being the man who hired and fired Mourinho twice while spending well in excess of £1bn in the process? 

Time will tell I suppose. Although Roman took us to the next level, he's dangerously close to oversee us going backwards and declining to levels below the later Bates era. I've already given up on him (around 2011) but if he doesn't get the next few years right I think a lot more will follow and show open displeasure with him.

5 minutes ago, kennypaul said:

It will be interesting to see how many give him a standing ovation or even sing his name.

Yes this is what I'm waiting to see, I think it may depend on when we play them.

If they come to us later in the season, depending on how the season has gone for both sides and how jose has behaved at utd will have an impact on the reception he gets I think.

How did we react to Sexton when he came back with United and QPR?

20 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

His best seasons, in terms of outperforming the limitatons of his squad are probably 03/04 and 14/15, and the Inter CL win close behind.  One poor 4 months in all that time - yet you  want to write him off?

I'm basing it on how he's gone from winning multiple trophies almost every year, year after year, to now just winning them every few years. There has been a marked downturn in his trophy-winning ability. At the same time, his ability to fall out with those around him has increased. The bigger the gap between trophies, and the harder it has become to win them, so his volatility has increased. I believe that after a meteoric rise, he reached his peak at Inter and is now generally on the way down. There'll be the odd trophy here and there, but on the whole he's been and being overtaken by others who are out-thinking him. The money that United will allow him to spend will help short-term to get him/them back on track, but other than Porto, money is what has kept him in the game in the first place!

12 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

I'm basing it on how he's gone from winning multiple trophies almost every year, year after year, to now just winning them every few years. There has been a marked downturn in his trophy-winning ability.

I think that this is unfair on JM. I am by no means a fan of his but the times when he was winning multiple trophies almost year after year are now gone and the playing field is much more even. But in so being they are inevitably much more difficult. I don't think that him not being able to win a double in consecutive seasons or a European trophy with more regularity is any sort of stick to beat him with.

49 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

I genuinely believed that... and I am surprised that United have felt desperate enough to employ him. I think he's a busted flush with his best days behind him.

Well I'm not surprised you're surprised and if you want to tweak the nose of fate like that ,good luck to you. But I will tell you now, this man is not finished by a long chalk.