• Current Donation Goals

cc1173

Jose Mourinho Sacked For The Second Time by Chelsea. Joins Manchester United. And now sacked by them too!

^^^This is just nonsense.  The 14/15 year was just remarkable.  Everything you look at before or after his time at RM shows him to be a hugely popular, successful and long lived manager there.  

What is true is that 2 years after he arrives in a league, other clubs have started to react and raise their game.

I'd say that in Summer 2015 JM's record reputation and status was as high as it had ever been.

paulw66   
32 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Here's a thought...

In 9 years time, when Roman has owned us for 25 years, what will he be remembered for?

Winning 4 PL titles and 1 CL in 25 years, or being the man who hired and fired Mourinho twice while spending well in excess of £1bn in the process? 

Time will tell I suppose. Although Roman took us to the next level, he's dangerously close to oversee us going backwards and declining to levels below the later Bates era. I've already given up on him (around 2011) but if he doesn't get the next few years right I think a lot more will follow and show open displeasure with him.

you have assumed we wont win another in the next 9 years. 

Whatever happens in the next 9 years, he has taken us to a level we were never ever at in the previous 98 years of existing. If he packs up and leaves now, I for one will be eternally grateful. 

• Like 2

Jose to Chelsea fans in 2013: "I am one of you"

Jose today: " I have always enjoyed a rapport with the United fans. I’m looking forward to being their manager and enjoying their magnificent support in the coming years."

Well, in the words of Jose, when you join a direct rival, the love story is over.

image.png

James, do you feel personally let down by JM then? That is a quote you have used more than once in the space of 2 pages. Does it really matter?

If he sucked you in and you believed the quote you give that he was one of us then more fool you. Newsflash - he was never one of us, he has no idea what it is like to be one of us. He might be fond of Chelsea Football Club and he might even get to the end of his managerial career and say that his favourite times were spent managing our club (although I seriously doubt that) but he never was and never will be one of us.

I expected him to say nothing more or nothing less in his presser this morning.

7 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

Jose to Chelsea fans in 2013: "I am one of you"

Jose today: " I have always enjoyed a rapport with the United fans. I’m looking forward to being their manager and enjoying their magnificent support in the coming years."

Well, in the words of Jose, when you join a direct rival, the love story is over.

image.png

James you keep hammering this "one of you" point. It's a bit difficult to be "one of us" when we keep sacking him. 

I tell you how I feel right now... rather envious. They have a great manager who is chomping at the bit. His personality and trophy haul will attract the big names with or without CL football. They have money and are not afraid to spend it.

I will feel better when see I Conte over here but frankly I know nothing about him so it's difficult for me to get too excited about him just now.

GURJ SS   

I'm with James in regards to the love story being over, he said it himself about Lamps. As for the club sacking him, I can't seem to recall him pushing the club to give Lamps a new deal, so really it's the same thing. I remember him being quite ruthless with Lamps, A.Cole and Cech(even though they all still had plenty to offer), I suppose he will have to understand and accept the same treatment.

He is old news now, it's time for Conte-mporary thinking and looking forwards.

44 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

you have assumed we wont win another in the next 9 years. 

Whatever happens in the next 9 years, he has taken us to a level we were never ever at in the previous 98 years of existing. If he packs up and leaves now, I for one will be eternally grateful. 

I have assumed no more league or CL titles over the next 9 seasons yes. At this point in time, I don't think that is outrageous. Of course, maybe Conte will come in and completely transform us. Maybe he'll come here and be gone within 6 months. It's hard to say given our track-record. 

It's obviously also a provocative post by me, not really a prediction more of a "what could the future bring" type speculative post. 

If José is really successful at United while getting the backing he never got here it'll come up without a doubt. We horribly mis-managed his time with us. Let's hope we won't live to regret it!

Yes Dave, Jose being fired second time totally unjustifed. Of course it was.

It's not like we were half way through the season 1 point off the relegation zone, 16th place, lost 9 games, with a squad which, even without additions, should have been top four. Playing abysmally and tactically outsmarted every week, and with a divided dressing room.

If we'd kept Jose we'd barely have stayed up. That Roman stuck it out so long is actually the miracle.

Indeed, you listen to members of the press in interviews on radio, they say Roman actually didn't want to sack Jose and wanted to stick with him, hence the vote of confidence and why he lasted till December - but eventually results left him no choice.

Whether or not Jose was backed last summer is irrelivant - the squad was still defending champions, and should have been top four comfortably. But we were 16th, playing abysmally, and 1 point off relegation. Now whilst the players have to be partially to blame, the manager has to take a large portion of that. Most managers at most clubs - including United - in that situation would be sacked.

You can't blame a lack of investment, refereeing conspiracies or anything else for us being 16th and one point off relegation in December. It was down to the players and above all the manager. Jose failed abysmally last season, and it was largely down to him. He divided the dressing room, he made that stupid rant at Dr Canerio, and he couldn't restore confidence or motivation once it was lost. He decided the tactics which got exposed time and again. He failed to change games with tactical changes.

Yes, the players poor attitude was a major factor, of course it was - but Jose has a big portion of blame too. Whatever he says, last season he failed miserably.

He's a Chelsea legend and always will be, and I'm grateful for what he did for us. I'd never boo Jose, not at all. But last season he failed, and deserved the sack. Anything else is just Mourinho fanboy worship, and totally delusional IMO.

He has always wanted the United job, he wanted it in 2013 and didn't get it. Now he's got what he wanted.

One of us? Give me a break.

Chelsea wanted a dynasty manager and gave Jose a long term contract to prove it. They stuck with him for four months when we were playing relegation standard every week, and the dressing room was divided. Eventually he had no choice.

I fully expect Conte to see out his contract. Even if we finish outside top four next year, he'll be here (provided we don't finish 10th again). However, I think we'll make top four, in fact top 3, comfortably next season. With the right additions and no European football, we could even win the title.

Not that I'd expect you to believe that, being a cynic and anti-Roman. You honestly sound more like a Jose fan than a Chelsea fan sometimes.

If you think with our owner, our ambition/money/facilities, and the type of managers we attract, we'll win no titles in the next 9 years you're delusional. Mourinho isn't and won't ever be the only man who can win us league titles. As I remember, we won the double in 2010 and the CL in 2012 without him.

Edited by James Prescott

2 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Time to lock this thread and move on

Why, are we boring you? 

As long as we keep the "Ramires Departs For China" thread open you'll hear no complaints from me.

Why would Jose have need to complain?

After all , he wanted one centre half and we got him three !

What a loser.