• Current Donation Goals

cc1173

Jose Mourinho Sacked For The Second Time by Chelsea. Joins Manchester United. And now sacked by them too!

Blue Rod   
2 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

I genuinely believed that... and I am surprised that United have felt desperate enough to employ him. I think he's a busted flush with his best days behind him.

As I said before, in footballing terms, Jose Mourinho has been in decline since he left Chelsea the first time. A lot was expected of him when he left Chelsea for Inter. If you ask me, has he produced anything new, the answer is absolutely not. He has continued to serve the same dish with variable success. My only surprise is why some people feel so surprised when he fails. 

Of course Mourinho has continued to win trophies. But then very few decent managers have failed to win trophies at large clubs. It's not like he particularly swept the board.

Edited by Blue Rod

34 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

As I said before, in footballing terms, Jose Mourinho has been in decline since he left Chelsea the first time. A lot was expected of him when he left Chelsea for Inter. If you ask me, has he produced anything new, the answer is absolutely not. He has continued to serve the same dish with variable success. My only surprise is why some people feel so surprised when he fails. 

Of course Mourinho has continued to win trophies. But then very few decent managers have failed to win trophies at large clubs. It's not like he particularly swept the board.

This is the same tact as Bob's but it is pretty unfair. "Jose has been in decline" because it was "not like he particularly swept the board". But no one has Rod, none of the decent managers you allude to that have won trophies at large clubs have actually smashed all and dominated but then it's only Jose that is in decline? It's nonsense.

I find Jose the man to be vulgar but I think that Jose the manager is one of the absolute elite. He'll continue to be both at United also.

Edited by Hugh Jars 99

Not going to lie, it hurts seeing him with a United shirt, just as it did with Lamps in a City Shirt, and a few other instances that have occurred over the past few years.

I don't hate the man, he gave me some of my best memories in football, I was elated when he came back. I don't want him to be, but I certainly expect him to be successful at United, certainly their most successful manager post Fergie (which isn't hard).

He certainly has a high level of pressure to succeed. On top of being at United he also has to earse the memory of this season where his abilities were for the first time called into question.

he's taken over an emerging young squad so I don't think he will be a disaster especially when you look at his competition. For the first time in ages it is actually difficult to call who might win it next season as there are several candidates and this season may or may not be a one off for certain clubs.

Do Leicester do as well? or finish top 4?

Do City bounce back or does Pep take a while to adjust

Do Arsenal finally step up to the plate?

Do Tottenham continue to impress or did they just benefit from other clubs having an off season?

Is Klopp the answer for Liverpool with some astute signings and full pre season

Will Conte reverse our form of last season with much of the same squad or will it be more of the same inconsistent form somewhere between the two(top 5 or 6) ?

Will another surprise package emerge

45 minutes ago, DaviesCFC said:

Not going to lie, it hurts seeing him with a United shirt, just as it did with Lamps in a City Shirt, and a few other instances that have occurred over the past few years.

I don't hate the man, he gave me some of my best memories in football, I was elated when he came back. I don't want him to be, but I certainly expect him to be successful at United, certainly their most successful manager post Fergie (which isn't hard).

On the plus side, I have a lot of Arsenal mates who were gleefully and sarcastically waving Mourinho goodbye. They have all gone a bit quiet now. The same I expect happening on Mersyside. They know what can happen next, and however much bravado the 'couldn't care less' anti Mourinho posters on here are giving it, they know deep down that with the right club with the right tools, he can cause serious damage.... certainly far more than Moyes or LVG were capable of. 

4 hours ago, Hugh Jars 99 said:

James, do you feel personally let down by JM then? That is a quote you have used more than once in the space of 2 pages. Does it really matter?

If he sucked you in and you believed the quote you give that he was one of us then more fool you. Newsflash - he was never one of us, he has no idea what it is like to be one of us. He might be fond of Chelsea Football Club and he might even get to the end of his managerial career and say that his favourite times were spent managing our club (although I seriously doubt that) but he never was and never will be one of us.

I expected him to say nothing more or nothing less in his presser this morning.

Yep, call me niave, I did believe him, purely because he had been here before and said before his return how he loved Chelsea. I wouldn't believe it from just anyone, but him, yes. It's like when a player says he loves the club - like JT - and then ditches them. I genuinely thought he felt an attachment to Chelsea & he definitely gave me and others that impression.

As you say, more fool me.

Interesting Jose said "I'd like to forget the past 3 years". I know it was in the context of United but knowing Jose there was probably a not-so-subtle subtext. 

No point talking about it further. He has moved on, so should we. New manager, new players, new team. Onwards.

20 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

Yep, call me niave, I did believe him, purely because he had been here before and said before his return how he loved Chelsea. I wouldn't believe it from just anyone, but him, yes. It's like when a player says he loves the club - like JT - and then ditches them. I genuinely thought he felt an attachment to Chelsea & he definitely gave me and others that impression.

As you say, more fool me.

Interesting Jose said "I'd like to forget the past 3 years". I know it was in the context of United but knowing Jose there was probably a not-so-subtle subtext. 

No point talking about it further. He has moved on, so should we. New manager, new players, new team. Onwards.

Having just seen the interview he did with ITV his line 'I would like to forget the last 3 years and concentrate on the future' was the one point I really took note of.

The last 3 years obviously means his time at Chelsea, he wants to forget it and move on and concentrate on his new job. No problem with that, fair enough. We should be doing exactly the same though, Jose is nothing to do with us now, let's concentrate on us not him.

I never liked the way he had some hold over us when he left the first time. I really hope that's not the case second time around, it could be even harder with him in the same league.

I knew certain fans who were still pining after him years after he left, hopefully they have learned not to do that a second time.

If I'm watching him on tv and he says things I find irritating I will just switch him off, like I used to with fergie or brenda (or basically anybody connected to the scousers lol). Best to ignore it sometimes.

Up the Chels...

Blue Rod   
3 hours ago, Hugh Jars 99 said:

This is the same tact as Bob's but it is pretty unfair. "Jose has been in decline" because it was "not like he particularly swept the board". But no one has Rod, none of the decent managers you allude to that have won trophies at large clubs have actually smashed all and dominated but then it's only Jose that is in decline? It's nonsense.

I find Jose the man to be vulgar but I think that Jose the manager is one of the absolute elite. He'll continue to be both at United also.

It's of course absolutely not true that I singled out Jose Mourinho as the only once great manager in decline. Quite the opposite. There are far too many of dinosaur managers being recycled in the English game. If you take away the period before Real Madrid, there is nothing extraordinary about Jose, except in the eyes of some Chelsea fans. Not in the trophies he has won since, and don't even mention the football he serves up.

Some of us have just got it in our head that Jose is an exceptional manager. And so he will serve another unremarkable term at Old Trafford, most probably leaving after two seasons and under a cloud, but he will still remain exceptional.

Edited by Blue Rod

Mutu7   

It seems Mourinho's standards are now so high that winning the title in the two strongest leagues in Europe in the past four years is "unremarkable".

It's sad to see him at United, not only because he should still be here, but also because most of us expect/fear he'll be a success there, given no FFP constraints, a less interfering board, a less hostile press, and all the benefits that come with being the home team at Old Trafford. Anything else is just wishful thinking.

16 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

On the plus side, I have a lot of Arsenal mates who were gleefully and sarcastically waving Mourinho goodbye. They have all gone a bit quiet now. The same I expect happening on Mersyside. They know what can happen next, and however much bravado the 'couldn't care less' anti Mourinho posters on here are giving it, they know deep down that with the right club with the right tools, he can cause serious damage.... certainly far more than Moyes or LVG were capable of. 

Exactly this. 

I think there are a few notable posters in here who are secretly scared ****.