• Current Donation Goals

cc1173

Jose Mourinho Sacked For The Second Time by Chelsea. Joins Manchester United. And now sacked by them too!

22 minutes ago, WHYSOSLOWYEH said:

What's the odds, on Chelsea playing the first game of the season away at Man United

And City V Utd to be last game of the season !

1 hour ago, Sleeping Dave said:

What do you think? 

No idea. That's why I asked.

JM on joining Man Utd:

"It is what I call a giant club. And giant clubs must be for the best managers and I think I am ready for it, so I could say I am happy, I am proud, I am honoured."

The circus has only just begun..........:).

10 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

I genuinely believed that... and I am surprised that United have felt desperate enough to employ him. I think he's a busted flush with his best days behind him.

It's taken me 10 hours to stop laughing. I'd just like to thank you Bob for confirming what I and others have long thought. 

Lets have a charity bet on Utd being above us at the end of next season or any other related bet which shows how ridiculous that statement is ( better preface this with) Imo.

You really are a c***ist! :)

I'm with other posters regarding the threat we now face with Man Utd and being envious of what's in store for them, and as much as I'd like to take Matt's don't care about Jose anymore approach, I don't think we'll have a choice but to keep an eye on what's going on at OT.  I of course remain optimistic of our own season so long as we have a good transfer window, clearly now our "nemesis" is Man Utd in the coming season, our challenge must be to finish above them.  We have a great opportunity for the title without Europe, but I don't think the team are ready to challenge a title finish that soon, CL spot at best.

Regarding the forget three years comment, that was clearly with respect to the past three years in Man Utd's history since Fergie left, and not the three years Jose was with us.

life   

Yes, Jose to United, with cash is not something to be taken lightly. Don't feel we need to pretend. Don't know what happened with us but you do not lose your touch immediately after winning th league.

Now he would want to prove a point even more. Could go well or make him over think things and become worse. Who knows. I am just praying that uniteds problems are something too deep that even he cannot fix.

Edited by life

9 hours ago, Blue Rod said:

As I said before, in footballing terms, Jose Mourinho has been in decline since he left Chelsea the first time.

Just so many non-sequitors from the same person.

14/15 was as good as JM gets.

Mutu7   
1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

Just so many non-sequitors from the same person.

14/15 was as good as JM gets.

A season which seems to be getting airbrushed from history.

According to that poster, a manager in decline won the Treble with Inter and La Liga with Real Madrid before returning to Chelsea to win another Premier League title, all in the space of five years. If that's a manager in decline I'd hate for us to be up against someone who isn't.

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 3:14 PM, Sea foot said:

That's some crystal ball you've got there Droy.

Well to be fair Droy has been on this case for about the same time. He accurately predicted JM to replace Fergie, and in hindsight it was a done deal, if around the same time Roman didn't start going soft on him iirc. Would it worked out with either Scolari or AVB, ManU would have signed up JM right after Madrid, but No We had to screw up.

It is an ideal place for JM to work as well where the project is developing, and everything is in place. Nobody really questions the manager on too many occasions specially about the much maligned transfer targets. Budget is plentiful as well.

OzzyCFC   
7 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

JM on joining Man Utd:

"It is what I call a giant club. And giant clubs must be for the best managers and I think I am ready for it, so I could say I am happy, I am proud, I am honoured."

The circus has only just begun..........:).

That was just the first of many one liners fed to be taken out of context. He knows what he's doing.

Mourinho: "I prefer to forget the last three years. I prefer to focus on the giant club I have in my hands now." - While he was referring to the last 3 years at United, He knows exactly what he's doing. He's had plenty of time to craft this interview this was a carefully chosen innuendo aimed at ingratiating himself with the mancs.