• Current Donation Goals

cc1173

Jose Mourinho Sacked For The Second Time by Chelsea. Joins Manchester United. And now sacked by them too!

6 hours ago, Patnevinswedge said:

Where have you been? Did I hit a nerve? I think JT has a far better insight than your good self thanks.

What colour are you by the way? 

I've been very busy settling into life on the 'reef. :-)

A nerve? hardly I've been Blue since 1967 (as told here previously on many an occasion)

JT has a better insight than what? His reply was a standard footballers response, of course professionals see things differently to fans. JM's love of all things ManU and his oft voiced  adoration of Gerrard being obvious examples:

“Liverpool is Liverpool – it is a giant club,” the Portuguese said. “If they want to do that [form a guard of honour], obviously my players are going to accept that with respect.

“But speaking about Liverpool and speaking about honouring the champions, this is my time to honour a champion. It is my time to honour Steve Gerrard. It is with opponents like him that I am the manager that I am, because I learn with my players and I learn with my best opponents.

Are you now suggesting we should all share JM's love of Steven Gerrard  to make us more Chelsea?

5 hours ago, Blue Rod said:

If Jose does something exceptional at Manchester United many people including myself would reconsider their assessment of his qualities. His achievement so far has been a mix bag, from the exceptional to the downright awful.

Did you really write that with a straight face.

1 minute ago, r.bartlett said:

I've been very busy settling into life on the 'reef. :-)

A nerve? hardly I've been Blue since 1967 (as told here previously on many an occasion)

JT has a better insight than what? His reply was a standard footballers response, of course professionals see things differently to fans. JM's love of all things ManU and his oft voiced  adoration of Gerrard being obvious examples:

Are you now suggesting we should all share JM's love of Steven Gerrard  to make us more Chelsea?

how is the timeshare business going? Sun sea and San Miguel, lucky you. Gerrard? where did that come from? try sticking to what I have actually said and pointed out.

if JT was talking about his new boss you would have a point. but he wasn't was he? you and Bob the cultist are one and the same (are you? did I miss the joke?) 

a fan since 1967?...giving you the benefit of the doubt that should make you old enough to understand that backing an ex player or manager who is now at an opponent does not make you a turncoat. and yes (clap clap) you touched a nerve with me questioning where my loyalties lie. 

More Chelsea? what I do know is that the vast majority of match going supporters don't see things your way mate. thank ****!

1 minute ago, Droy was my hero said:

Did you really write that with a straight face.

JM's end at RM was awful his first end at Chelsea was heading that way and his last period was  truly  awful . His success is undisputed but there is more to life than success. ManU won the FA cup last week but in reality who actually cares?Their fans probably do but as you grow older you do (or some do) come to a stance that winning really isn't the be all and end all. I/we you supported CFC when there wasn't any success or if there was it was a dim memory. It really didn't make all that difference to the level of support fans gave. All that success brought was those lightweights who clung to the coat tails of success. I like JM because if you actually read what he say's he makes a lot of sense most of the time, he is passionate about the game and has an almost AHD approach to preparation. I also feel slightly sorry for him because:-

. The flip side is that he has a major character flaw which suggests he is emotionally very immature, used to getting his own way and drunk on success to believe he has some kind of Midas touch, This is often seen in successful people -the music business being a prime example-. He might have had this mythical Midas touch but the game has moved on, his time may (or may not) be over, other managers appear to have got to grips with his methods and either improved or negated them.

Some think he will have an easier ride at ManU than Chelsea, personally I think he will be under even more pressure as the weight of expectation increases. The court case is still under way so who knows where that will go , this is likely to distract attention at the very least. 

Do I wish him success going forward? yes provided it's not at our expense but yes because those who just vilify him because it's him but there is the distinct chance they will simply bide their time waiting for him to implode...

27 minutes ago, Patnevinswedge said:

how is the timeshare business going? Sun sea and San Miguel, lucky you. Gerrard? where did that come from? try sticking to what I have actually said and pointed out.

if JT was talking about his new boss you would have a point. but he wasn't was he? you and Bob the cultist are one and the same (are you? did I miss the joke?) 

a fan since 1967?...giving you the benefit of the doubt that should make you old enough to understand that backing an ex player or manager who is now at an opponent does not make you a turncoat. and yes (clap clap) you touched a nerve with me questioning where my loyalties lie. 

More Chelsea? what I do know is that the vast majority of match going supporters don't see things your way mate. thank ****!

Timeshare is a very very dangerous game out here. People  get hurt, badly hurt and even killed such is the greed and type of people involved. Jest not about such things. 

I question loyalties when some fans put their favourite above the club. This thread is an obvious example as it gets more posts than the new manager. 

26 minutes ago, r.bartlett said:

JM's end at RM was awful his first end at Chelsea was heading that way and his last period was  truly  awful .

oh dear  

16 hours ago, Blue Rod said:

The bar has been raised for managers. Jose Mourinho himself was involved in raising that bar with what he did at Porto. But I am afraid, I can't really put anything else he has done since as extraordinary.

Just for clarity's sake, please could you let us know who these bar raisers are and if it isn't too much trouble please could you detail what they do and have done different to Jose to elevate the bar where JM himself hasn't done anything?

paulw66   
14 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

So many obvious lies that are disproved so easily I really can't be bothered. 

During his whole manegerial career he's had two bad spells. A month and a half first time he was here and another 4 bad months second time he was here. Both times the story was the same - the board failed to back Jose and it had consequences. For me that's the main issue here. 

Also, Ranieri had a cheaper squad?!? The mere fact you say Hose didn't do anything remarkable during his career outside of Porto is astonishing. If that's your yardstick there can't e a single living manager out there who you can like unless he's an unknown quantity or essentially a massive gamble. 

Inter? Yes the two Serie A titles may not be that impressive. But it's certainly above average performance and if you add the fact he won their first European Cup in 45 years the season he sold his outstanding player to Barcelona. Winning the treble with Inter is no mean feat. In fact, in the entire history of I yet it has never been achieved before in their 108 year history. In fact, it has never been achieved by any Italian team either before or since. I don't suppose there's much of an yardstick there right? The list of astonishingly good team is long and the list of amazing Italian manager equally long. 

In his time with us, notwithstanding the last four months, we went from perennial underachievers to a group of die hard winners. Two PL titles and one runners-up, one FA cup, two league cups and two CL semifinals in three seasons is a fantastic record. Add a 66% win rate on top of that, beating the previous PL points record held by Arsenal twice in his tree year stint. Come on. Call that anything but amazing and seriously, why are you even debating? You'd have to bash every manager out there. Seriously. His second stint he did what he does best, weed out the bad ones and in his second season we were the best team by a mile. I reckon if we had signed a proper striker we would have won the league in his first season back. Still, another league and league cup double. 

Real? One La Liga title beating both the points and goals scored records against the best team in the world at that time and possibly the best team in the universe (I know, it's sickening) was impressive. But if agree his entire stay wasn't comparable to his Inter, Porto or Chelsea feats. But Real is a very strange beast. Much like us, normal rules doesn't apply. But he took them to three straight CL semi's. Real hadn't reached that far for ten years. 

It would be easy to take you a little bit more seriously if you weren't so obviously looking for someone to bite. Your claims just aren't backed up by facts. Sorry. You are wrong. 

I know it is SO hard note to bite - I have stopped replying to what is clear nonsense. 

To be honest I totally accept that Mourinho is not everyones cup of tea, his persona and the style of football that his teams tend to play. However what cannot be in dispute is his track record,he has succeeded to varying degrees wherever he has gone. To suggest that his return to Chelsea was not a success is plain ridiculous, yes when he left we were in a hole but he won two trophies and we reached the knockout phase in the champions league and further in that time.

Its fine not to like him or cautious football but don't kid yourself re how successful the man is and he has just taken over a young squad who have just won their first trophy...that's a worry for the rest of us.

12 hours ago, r.bartlett said:

JM's end at RM was awful his first end at Chelsea was heading that way and his last period was  truly  awful .

And yet both better than what many others at those clubs have managed even during what have been perceived to be less tumultuous times.

Which brings me back to my initial question ... If Mourinho isn't really all that, then who is?