• Current Donation Goals

cc1173

Jose Mourinho Sacked For The Second Time by Chelsea. Joins Manchester United. And now sacked by them too!

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, Zoowraa said:

^ he also said he wouldn't play Rooney in midfield. What position did he play in the last game he started!?

Anyone who believes every sound byte from Jose will only look foolish in the long term .

FFS! I suppose the grass isn't green either!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zoowraa   
Just now, Patnevinswedge said:

FFS! I suppose the grass isn't green either!

What reaction do you expect from such an obvious nonsense article. All managers talk absolute bolls on many occassions.

Your posting it clearly as some sort of defence of Jose. Yet anyone who knows anything about these off the cuff comments managers make know it's a load of tosh and not worthy of the paper it's printed on.

Would you rather I said, great article and I knew Jose loved Mata really.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^,^^ While Zoowra should love JM just like the rest of us, he is certainly right to be sceptical of many of JMs comments.  These are white lies.  Perfectly acceptable ifa) no one takes them too seriously, b) they are not intended to hurt anyone, c) they are not intended for gain.  It is called diplomacy.

 

Edit - link that works

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/09/28/jose-Mourinho-I-never-sold-juan-mata-I-need-him-at-man-utd-more/

Edited by Droy was my hero

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lzheyi   

he would be crazy to sell mata this time...........

anyway as long as we do better than man utd, can't be bothered what he is doing there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

^,^^ While Zoowra should love JM just like the rest of us, he is certainly right to be sceptical of many of JMs comments.  These are white lies.  Perfectly acceptable ifa) no one takes them too seriously, b) they are not intended to hurt anyone, c) they are not intended for gain.  It is called diplomacy.

 

Edit - link that works

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/09/28/jose-Mourinho-I-never-sold-juan-mata-I-need-him-at-man-utd-more/

Not taking a managers word as gospel every time he opens his mouth is one thing. Realising there may be differences in the two teams and styles being implemented quite another. 

The initial high-press medium block strategy we used for the first season and a half Mata was very ill-suited for. I'm sure Jose would have loved to have Mata once that strategy became a form of harakiri with the central midfield and defense that was available and we started to play a more low-block tactic... 

And of course, he's factually correct. He was never responsible of buying or selling anyone while he was here. Input yes, decisions no. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zoowraa   
1 hour ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Not taking a managers word as gospel every time he opens his mouth is one thing. Realising there may be differences in the two teams and styles being implemented quite another. 

The initial high-press medium block strategy we used for the first season and a half Mata was very ill-suited for. I'm sure Jose would have loved to have Mata once that strategy became a form of harakiri with the central midfield and defense that was available and we started to play a more low-block tactic... 

And of course, he's factually correct. He was never responsible of buying or selling anyone while he was here. Input yes, decisions no. 

Little confused by this post. You called it spot on that Mata would have no future under JM before JM came back. At this point, we didn't know he was going to play high press strategy. So I don't see how the tactics / style of play can be that much of a factor in this scenario. If anything, your discrediting your correct prediction on Mata in favour of offering some level of support for JM. The writing was on the wall right from the start for Mata under JM, before a ball/tactic/strategy had even been on display.

You deserved the credit for the call far more than JM deserves the defence in this scenario.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Zoowraa said:

Little confused by this post. You called it spot on that Mata would have no future under JM before JM came back. At this point, we didn't know he was going to play high press strategy. So I don't see how the tactics / style of play can be that much of a factor in this scenario. If anything, your discrediting your correct prediction on Mata in favour of offering some level of support for JM. The writing was on the wall right from the start for Mata under JM, before a ball/tactic/strategy had even been on display.

You deserved the credit for the call far more than JM deserves the defence in this scenario.

I recall Mata saying in an interview that the way Mourinho tells you that you have no future is by ignoring you. What wonderful man-management skills.

I think quite a few people thought Mata had no future at Chelsea once JM's return had been announced, and his body language when taking Mata off in games where he did start told us all we needed to know. Looking at Chelsea's players in 2013/14 and 14/15 seasons compared to what he currently has at United at the moment, I'm confused why he thought he would need to be defensive with us and attacking with United... or is it that he thinks Chelsea fans don't care how the team plays so long as they win whilst United fans expect, nay demand, a certain amount of swagger, and if United lose a game playing attacking football, he can say 'well I'm playing the United way... do you want me to play the Chelsea way?'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Zoowraa said:

Little confused by this post. You called it spot on that Mata would have no future under JM before JM came back. At this point, we didn't know he was going to play high press strategy. So I don't see how the tactics / style of play can be that much of a factor in this scenario. If anything, your discrediting your correct prediction on Mata in favour of offering some level of support for JM. The writing was on the wall right from the start for Mata under JM, before a ball/tactic/strategy had even been on display.

You deserved the credit for the call far more than JM deserves the defence in this scenario.

Well I can see why you'd think so, but at that point I hadn't even considered the possibility of JM playing anything but a high-press, medium block with a lot of running required by the attacking players. For that Mata is very ill-suited.

Jose seems to use the words "defensive" but I don't think he actually means "defensive" as in a low-block set-up. Think he chose that term because that's how so many seems to want to label it while thinking United always play attacking football. You know the typical stereotyping English media is guilty of. 

Wasn't quite what the papers wrote first half of 2014/15 but that'll be his legacy second time around nonetheless even though I'd completely disagree we were defensive under his stewardship at any point. For specific games yes. But as a whole not at all. Balanced is a far better word to use first spell and unbalanced and attacking second time. 

If he's actually playing anything differently at United I've no clue about. I've seen them for about 30 mins this season so can't really comment. Maybe he's just full of **** when it comes to the difference in styles. But his comment would make sense to me if the difference in style really is there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ I've taken his use of Mata at United as opposed to when they were here as little more than a sign of the scale of the rebuilding job he has at United. I imagine he wants rid of a lot of that squad, but that Mata is much further down the list of players he doesn't fancy there than he was here given that we were not in quite such a shocking inherited state.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

United are a physically imposing side full of athletes, but Mata adds something they've desperately lacked since Giggs and Scholes departed. Guile. He's a clever player in the final third.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now