• Current Donation Goals

cc1173

Jose Mourinho Sacked For The Second Time by Chelsea. Joins Manchester United. And now sacked by them too!

Unless of course there was a gentleman's agreement that he'd be joining Chelsea and Mourinho got wind of it , hence the shitstorm we find ourselves in?

Yes, there's always that possibility, but with Ferran Soriano and Txiki Begiristain having been lured to City a few years ago with a view to eventually hooking Pep... ;-)

Pep to City is a done deal. I'd be very surprised to learn differently. Like Bob said, Pep is likely to have been on the market for a while and the only two positions that's up for grabs at that point is United or City. The old Barca connection at City makes them the obvious choice...

Only to humour ourselves - if Pep was coming here he'd have to re-build the squad completely. At least 3 new CMs, a couple of strikers plus a few AMs. That's not even counting our defense needs rebuilding due to unrelated reasons. The money involved with going with Pep is so great that it almost makes it laughable to suggest it's an option. £200m would be unlikely to cover it. It's not realistic for us (unless we say **** FFP now that Playjni is banned - isn't that hilarious by the way? I take great pleasure in having that muppets being banned.).

My money is on Simeone, Conte or Hiddink staying another year due to lack of suitable candidates. My main worry is no one wants to come to this loony house and we are stuck with Brendan Rodgers, Alan Pardew or the Fat One again. That would be horrible in so many ways.

Only to humour ourselves - if Pep was coming here he'd have to re-build the squad completely. At least 3 new CMs, a couple of strikers plus a few AMs. That's not even counting our defense needs rebuilding due to unrelated reasons. The money involved with going with Pep is so great that it almost makes it laughable to suggest it's an option. £200m would be unlikely to cover it. It's not realistic for us (unless we say **** FFP now that Playjni is banned - isn't that hilarious by the way? I take great pleasure in having that muppets being banned.).

My money is on Simeone, Conte or Hiddink staying another year due to lack of suitable candidates. My main worry is no one wants to come to this loony house and we are stuck with Brendan Rodgers, Alan Pardew or the Fat One again. That would be horrible in so many ways.

Flores?

Chel_don   

Pep would also be one of those managers who like to play a lot of possession football. In this league possession does not mean a thing. I'm pretty sure Leicester have a low possession rate but look where they are. Van Gaal, Pellegrini, Wenger have used these kinda tactics over the past few years and none have really excelled or convincingly won the league playing like this in the last 5 years. Look at how Klopp is even struggling in Liverpool many praised him when he came but his tactics are been found out in this league. I even think he has made Liverpool worse than under BR. Unless Pep does his research and understands the PL his style will get found out. Its teams like Spurs,Arsenal, Leicester and Crystal Palace who are getting the right balance in this league. Teams like City, Liverpool and United only have a plan A and once it does not work they lose easy points they could have gained. City and United are being held back by their managers the most. Especially City they should be walking this league.

Well according to some high placed sources (it says on my phone) "The Individual" Emanalo has recommended Pelagrini to Roman and contact has been made about a pre contract. Mr Hiddink wants no longer than 5 months apparently . What is wrong with that mans staying power?? Two years would do us Gus! For pities sake don't leave us with Widow Twanky.

cam4blue   

People can try to cleverly put their thoughts on what and how United played but what I would say is reagardless of your superior managaerial, tactical, footballing knowledge they were brilliant to watch and I believe they epitomized everything that was good during the premier leagues most successful period.

Nothing like any Jose team I've ever seen.

What period are you referring to? What period is anyone referring to?

Regardless, What Utd had from 1992 onward was much better players than everyone else. They were shopping at Harrods, everyone else was going to Poundland. That was good to watch? Yeah, because they had better players. They still played a direct, high-tempo flat 4-4-2 for absolutely bloody years, until Ferguson outright copied Jose's 4-3-3 from his first spell here.

Well according to some high placed sources (it says on my phone) "The Individual" Emanalo has recommended Pelagrini to Roman and contact has been made about a pre contract.

Well, that should just about get the deal signed then......................................................................................................................namely to convince Roman that 'The Individual' Emenalo is certifiably insane and sack him immediately.

Ruudboy   

Widow Twanky? Suits him. I can hear it on Saturday:

"So f*** off Pellegrini,

And take your f***ing geni

We want Claudio / Diego / ..." (can't think of anything else that rhymes ... oh, hold on ...)

What period are you referring to? What period is anyone referring to?

Regardless, What Utd had from 1992 onward was much better players than everyone else. They were shopping at Harrods, everyone else was going to Poundland. That was good to watch? Yeah, because they had better players. They still played a direct, high-tempo flat 4-4-2 for absolutely bloody years, until Ferguson outright copied Jose's 4-3-3 from his first spell here.

I'm talking about the period when we had at least one English team in 7 out of 8 finals and won it 3 times in that period.

I don't care what formation or system they used or if it was copied or tweaked or whatever, they were good to watch and you even say so yourself.

cam4blue   

I'm talking about the period when we had at least one English team in 7 out of 8 finals and won it 3 times in that period.

I don't care what formation or system they used or if it was copied or tweaked or whatever, they were good to watch and you even say so yourself.

OK. So late 2000s?

It should be pointed out that the "football" team from that period were Arsenal. Us and Utd were the direct "functional" teams. And everyone in Europe was not looking at our style of football with envy, but in fact the other way round.