• Current Donation Goals

cc1173

Jose Mourinho Sacked For The Second Time by Chelsea. Joins Manchester United. And now sacked by them too!

kev61   

Have to agree with all of Cam's post's and those who added constructively to them (since I last posted on this). Have to add that after all he has done for the club I back Roman as much as I backed Jose, but also hold Roman accountable for sorting this out, as it appears now, he is the only person who can under the current set up.

"You hold Roman accountable"?. I'm sure he hears you.like a billion pound investment in the club.there is one person that comes out of this mess without question is Roman

Sorry mate are you public school? or are you taking the piss?

I've said it before and I am sure I will say it again. I am certain if we had been 5th or 6th now under Jose - sackable offence in the past - and finished there, Jose would not have been sacked. Roman was to me very reluctant to sack Jose.

Here is the point the moaners seem not to get. This was 5 MONTHS of relegation form. That's not a short period of time, that's half a season. And there was no sign of anything changing whatsoever. ANY manager of ANY club would be under pressure in that situation.

I personally think - and IMO the club do to - that much of this was down to the players. Not the quality of players, or player recruitment, as this squad won the league last year and all the key players are still here. This squad should be making top 4 comfortably. But the mentality, and the dressing room disharmony.

Jose is partly to blame too. I mean have you ever seen Jose outsmarted tactically so often? He simply wasn't himself and I said it from August. And he managed the situation badly and his rants and constant blaming of everyone else but himself got boring and tedious even for me - and I love the guy.

I hoped he would turn it around but it's not short termism to sack a manager who is managing a team near the relegation zone 5 months into s season and not showed any idea of how to turn it around. Roman has to protect the club in the end.

Ideally Jose would have turned it around, but getting to January with no change (he said we'd be top four by December remember), you can't blame him and it's longer than most others would have got. So we move on.

The good thing to come of all this is that the board will be much more decisive in signing players next summer, and we'll see a mass turnover of players. Hiddink has already said everyone is playing for their future. And no manager will come here without significant investment.

There will be a lot of money coming in too if the likes of Oscar, Fabregas, Costa, Pedro, and maybe even Remy all go, plus money from sales of Cuadrado and Salah. So there will be money. If Hazard goes too thats one big stack of cash to spend.

I personally think, judging from the noises in the media, that the club can see it's not just a new set of players but also the right mentality of players we need too. I'm sure planning is already underway. And I think Emanalo's job is seriously on the line - he will have much less influence now IMO after what has happened with this squad.

We do need to spend about £200 million, maybe a little more. A RB, CB, CM, number 10, wide player and probably two strikers (one established world class).

Plus young players need to be given real opportunities. RLC this year, and Solanke maybe as third choice striker next year (he is doing amazing at Vitesse). And any others with enough potential who will get enough chances.

Change is going to happen here. The next 6/7 months are big for us, on and off the pitch.

Wow. Are you going to be disappointed next summer or what.

"You hold Roman accountable"?. I'm sure he hears you.like a billion pound investment in the club.there is one person that comes out of this mess without question is Roman

Sorry mate are you public school? or are you taking the piss?

So money buys unerring loyalty from you? No Pro's and Con's. I also said I back Roman as much I backed Jose. Over the last few pages other posters have put forward very good and valid reasoning for not giving Roman a free pass.

So money buys unerring loyalty from you? No Pro's and Con's. I also said I back Roman as much I backed Jose. Over the last few pages other posters have put forward very good and valid reasoning for not giving Roman a free pass.

This is the main issue for me. That people give him a free pass due to the money invested in the club. Although we all shall be forever greatful for what he has done for the club, splashing cash and running a top european club consistently is not quite the same.

Thre has been a lot of good arguments over the last few pages and I feel that should be placed in a separate thread somewhere as teh wuality of the arguments has been so high and the discussion quite clean (no troll participation has helped).

There is a thread I started back in 2012 where I claimed Roman isn't taking us further anymore and that maybe he has run his course as an owner. I can be found here. Some of it may have been outrage at the time (we had just fired RDM and then later hired The Fat One), but I still think a lot of the things I brought forward is still valid today and has now be re-iterated by other posters. I think I was in a very small majority back then. Maybe that's starting to change now?

xCELERYx   

What Roman's done for the club outweighs what anyone else has done. Like it or not, without him we would not have achieved what we have, let alone be in the position to do it. That doesn't mean he gets a free pass completely, but it does mean the less desirable moments are quickly over looked and become relatively accepted. Which I dare say is how it's viewed amongst most.

We could have ended up in far worse of a position. In terms of owners, we've done well in getting one that's been this consistent in backing the club. Not everyone is going to agree with his decisions (sacking managers mainly), but I cannot personally fault him for what unfolded with JM second time around. The first time around I was highly disappointed, but considerably less so the second time because quite frankly, we were regressing beyond belief in that 5 month period. Any other manger would have been out the door sooner. Unfortunately, sitting a point above relegation and the toxic environment being had around the club, the choice had to be made. Never thought JM was going to be here for as long as some may have expected. Always felt that he'd eventually burn enough bridges and the unrest would eventually strike. Was just a matter of when.

Ultimately, at least in my view, I can't really hold much against a man who effective pulled us out of the proverbial shitter.

Sciatika   

He is about to spend half a billion quid on a new stadium so that we can remain competitive with other London clubs. On transfers and that, it was always going to be the case that he would want the club to stand on its own feet as far as possible. We should all want that.

Despite what people seem to be saying, we have been acquiring some very good players in the last few years. Most of us thought that we had the nucleus of a good young side that would last a few years and would just require the odd top up.

In fairness to everyone running the club , had we not panicked about FFP and let's face it UEFA would have hit us much harder than they did anyone else, and cashed in on Mata , DeBruyne and Lukaku to help balance the budget the playing squad would have looked a lot healthier in some departments than it currently does. It's not like our scouts haven't identified good players and the board have not totally neglected their duties. I suppose you could say Platini won in the end , having tried the bent ref thing a couple of times. I hope it keeps him warm in cell block H.

He is about to spend half a billion quid on a new stadium so that we can remain competitive with other London clubs. On transfers and that, it was always going to be the case that he would want the club to stand on its own feet as far as possible. We should all want that.

Despite what people seem to be saying, we have been acquiring some very good players in the last few years. Most of us thought that we had the nucleus of a good young side that would last a few years and would just require the odd top up.

Agree with the first part totally. All I would add is that RA and ourselves have been very spoilt over the last 10 years. Could that success have bred a bit of complacency at the top? It happens in a lot of companies.

In response to the second part, have we really been acquiring 'very good players'? That is debatable imo.

In fairness to everyone running the club , had we not panicked about FFP and let's face it UEFA would have hit us much harder than they did anyone else, and cashed in on Mata , DeBruyne and Lukaku to help balance the budget the playing squad would have looked a lot healthier in some departments than it currently does. It's not like our scouts haven't identified good players and the board have not totally neglected their duties. I suppose you could say Platini won in the end , having tried the bent ref thing a couple of times. I hope it keeps him warm in cell block H.

I suspect he'd rather enjoy cell block H, with plenty to keep him warm. I'd rather see him in an H Block.

Edited by Johnny Blue

What Roman's done for the club outweighs what anyone else has done. Like it or not, without him we would not have achieved what we have, let alone be in the position to do it. That doesn't mean he gets a free pass completely, but it does mean the less desirable moments are quickly over looked and become relatively accepted. Which I dare say is how it's viewed amongst most.

We could have ended up in far worse of a position. In terms of owners, we've done well in getting one that's been this consistent in backing the club. Not everyone is going to agree with his decisions (sacking managers mainly), but I cannot personally fault him for what unfolded with JM second time around. The first time around I was highly disappointed, but considerably less so the second time because quite frankly, we were regressing beyond belief in that 5 month period. Any other manger would have been out the door sooner. Unfortunately, sitting a point above relegation and the toxic environment being had around the club, the choice had to be made. Never thought JM was going to be here for as long as some may have expected. Always felt that he'd eventually burn enough bridges and the unrest would eventually strike. Was just a matter of when.

Ultimately, at least in my view, I can't really hold much against a man who effective pulled us out of the proverbial shitter.

Although your points are more than fair, it's still smacks a bit of "he saved us back in 2004, so we can't complain. Berlusconi saved AC Milan back in the late 70's/early 80's (can't be bothered to look up the exact time) and made them THE team in Europe for the best part of mid-80's all the way to mid-2000. Ask a Milan fan what they think of him now?

Roman is ruthless with sacking staff he employed himself. If we should display the same ruthlessness as the man himself, in all honesty, he deserves the "sack" as well. Apart from Jose's two first seasons back, the long term trend is still downwards and increasingly so. I feel a lot of people think this will be sorted in one transfer window and a new manager. The exact same short-term outlook that got us here in the first place. I think it's very naive.

As for the second sacking of JM, my views has been like this since the hire and fire of AVB. The club management don't know what they are doing and they were saved in the beginning by the team built by Ranieri/Kenyon/Mourinho. I'd take Kenyon back in a heartbeat. Best MD we ever had.

Fully agree regarding the stadium bit. He pulls that off he deserves a lot of credit. At the same time, Man C has had their owners for a far shorter time period and they already have a professional boardroom constellation, state of the art training ground and a new stadium. Just saying.

Yes, we did find the talent. But without the patience, what manager will give them time to bed in if he's not being given the same terms?