• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sir

Squad Status: 2013/2014 Season

Harvz   

Given that historically JM likes a squad of 23 + a 3rd goalkeeper.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Possible (Current) Starting 11:

1. Cech, 2. Azpilicueta, 3. Luiz, 4. Cahill, 5. Cole, 6. Mikel, 7. Ramires, 8. Hazard, 9. Mata, 10. Oscar, 11. Ba.

Possible (Current) Second 11:

12. Hilario, 13. (RB), 14. Terry, 15. Ivanovic , 16. Bertrand, 17. Lampard, 18. Romeu, 19. Moses , 20. Marin, 21. (AM), 22. Torres.

Confirmed Loanee Returns:

23. Lukaku

Sales/Purchases:

13. = Wallace?

21. = Schurrle / KDB

20. (Marin) = New Central Defender

22. (Torres) = New Main Striker

(24.) = New 2nd Choice Goalkeeper

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Based this on wanting to ship Torres & Marin, but ideally, I'd have Bertrand and Romeu replaced too. Romeu with a starting midfield beast.

hanuma   

Hilario's been released, Wallace is definitely a Chelsea player, but highly unlikely to make the first team, and I'd probably count Ivanovic as a rightback with the greater possibility of a new centreback being added.

GK: Cech, Courtois, Blackman
RB: Azpi, Ivan
CB: Luiz, JT, Cahill, New CB
LB: Cole, New LB
CM: Lampard, Mikel, Oscar, Ramires, New CM, Chalobah, Ake
AM: Mata, Hazard, Moses, KDB, New AM, Piazon
S: New Striker, Lukaku, Ba

That's 24 outfield players incl youngsters. Depending on the signings (of course!) we should be a decent shape.

We can pretty much guarantee Courtois won't be our backup goalkeeper because he'd be a starter at most other top clubs in Europe. I don't think you can cast aside Essien at this stage, or expect Chalobah to accept being 6th choice, especially if another EPL team wanted him. Piazon's already claimed to want to play in Spain again next season, and if you were going to have an under 21 there, Thorgen Hazard's the more developed player. I've mentioned elsewhere on the site that a more attacking leftback option would be useful for the squad, but there are certainly more important priorities like replacing Torres, possibly Ba too. If Schurrle were to come that would negate any need for 4 strikers when we're likely to only start 1.

This summer's silly season has got to hyperventilation stage very early on, where even conservative estimates see us picking up Mangala, DeRossi, VanWinkel, Schurrle, Markovic and Cavani for a cool £100m+. I'm already snowblinded by it to the point of disdain and wait to see how Jose evaluates the talent available.

As well as Essien, we need to make a decision on romeu. I think Essien will be in the squad and romeu will get loaned out. Therefore still need a CM.

Courtois going out on loan next season worries me. We will only have one keeper in Cech and when his annual wintertime injury rolls around we will be SOL. So either Blackman is being promoted or we are gonna buy a keeper which will drive Courtois Away from us for sure.

But aside from The keeping issue I think we'll need a Right Back and of course a Striker. Apart from that I think we're set

Jay Seal   

Courtois going out on loan next season worries me. We will only have one keeper in Cech and when his annual wintertime injury rolls around we will be SOL. So either Blackman is being promoted or we are gonna buy a keeper which will drive Courtois Away from us for sure.

But aside from The keeping issue I think we'll need a Right Back and of course a Striker. Apart from that I think we're set

We'll probably promote a young prospect and buy an experienced No. 2 neither would be a threat to Courtois.

A fair few reports linking us with central defenders which loosely implies Bran might be going back to the right which would solve that.

hanuma   

Interesting link here, an ECA Report on European Youth Academies talking about the good work Jose did with Inter's squad management and use of youth players; "Mourinho launched the so called 19+4 format in the Senior A team squad. He wanted to have 19 experienced, world class players plus 4 promising youngsters from the club academy".

Here's the best I can make of it based on a post from last season, is this right?

Open (UEFA 13/17, FA 13/17):
1. Cech
2. Ivanovic
3. Luiz
4. Ramires
5. Torres
6. Mata
7. Mikel
8. Marin
9. Azpilicueta
10. Oscar
11. Romeu
12. Hazard
13. Ba

Association-trained (UEFA 4/4, FA 5/8):
1. Cole
2. Cahill
3. Bertrand
4. Moses

Club-trained (UEFA: 1/4):
5. Terry

I've seen reports that Lukaku, De Bruyne and Omeruo are due to be included, I guess they'd take up positions in the first section if so. Perhaps Chalobah and Blackman might be deemed worthy enough, in which case they'd be club trained?

Adding those would give us 23 players which is about the number we'd be looking at with Jose plus another GK. Without wanting to speculate on incomings - outgoings, I think we'd need to do that to improve the quality of the senior players to the level we need to be.

You actually forgot Lampard. You know he signed a new contract? :-)

Who?

Haha, will learn to read what I copy next time - I could at least work for the Daily Mail though...