• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

genjuro   

We have? How so?

Rooney wanted to leave last season. We're nothing to do with it.

Our bids have hardly made them have to think about it, or told Rooney we won't you at all costs.

Lets not kid ourselves here.

Of course we have rattled their Cage.........he clearly do not want to be there, Its not a matter of a new contract or upping his salary, he wants out. His team-mates are not super fond of him any longer, or so it is said. The rooney saga has so far been a Thorn in utd's backside imo.

Edited by genjuro

Scooba   

Wallace is confirmed on a season long loan to Inter Milan, according to twitter.

Not gonna lie-I'm disappointed.

Don't be, at least not until 2 September.

I guarantee you that The Guardian, despite having a United source tell them that Rooney is not for sale, continue to speculate over a move to Chelsea until that date.

I particularly enjoyed the bit about United deciding they didn't want Alcantara after all, and that despite all public word to the contrary from both club and player, Cesc Fabregas would 'jump at the chance' to leave his boyhood club for Old Trafford.

If United really will not sell under any circumstances, why have they been aggressively briefing against Rooney for the last six months? That would be very strange- only they would stand to lose.

Edit: the accompanying editorial piece is just as fluffy- http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2013/aug/13/wayne-rooney-manchester-united-chelsea]http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2013/aug/13/wayne-rooney-manchester-united-chelsea

So much focus on losing face, or how an unnamed but implicitly powerful public may infer a shifting 'power dynamic' ... As if United, or any other football club, could care less about that sh*t. They'll be bothered about having a worthwhile player contributing, or a toxic presence holding them back. Only journalists in need of SEO content and fans chewing the fat care about 'face'.

The Thiago part was absolutely hilarious. Like a United propaganda piece.

Edited by Blue Jones

life   

I think its to counter the comments made by Roy Hodgson that he shows no signs of injury

more will be more clear how long he plays tomorrow and on the weekend

Which is exactly what I think

Notice how every time bad news for united pops up

the next day/hours later, United leak something to the press to try and calm fans...

Russ   

Of course we have rattled their Cage.........he clearly do not want to be there, Its not a matter of a new contract or upping his salary, he wants out. His team-mates are not super fond of him any longer, or so it is said. The rooney saga has so far been a Thorn in utd's backside imo.

He wanted out last season.

WE haven't done anything to rattle Utd's cage as we once haven't looked serious about getting him or given them pause to think.

Codger   

Don't be, at least not until 2 September.

27th or 28th August, when the transfer will be announced.

I particularly enjoyed the bit about United deciding they didn't want Alcantara after all, and that despite all public word to the contrary from both club and player, Cesc Fabregas would 'jump at the chance' to leave his boyhood club for Old Trafford.

Much like the incredible story that Man U actually turned down JM in order to hire Moyes :)

genjuro   

He wanted out last season.

WE haven't done anything to rattle Utd's cage as we once haven't looked serious about getting him or given them pause to think.

Imo we have......we bid twice......thats enough in itself since its about waynechester and Manchester "the biggest Club in the World" United. The media Circus alone must have damaged them a bit.