• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

ish   

sanchez should definitely be thought of as either a forward or the second striker in a 2 man pair. great at getting space and time on the ball, because he breaks so fast. buuutt his finishing is ****. very frustrating player

Stim   

Btw If we are trying to sign Pogba I want assurances that he is mentally in the right place after getting backheel nutmegged by Mikel.

Did they make other signings to sanchez that I missed? Else they have the same squad as last season, minus sagna(?) and vermaelen(?)

Looks like they'll be replacing Sagna with Debuchy, so fairly similar in the range of "I suppose they're okay...but, really?"-type right-backs

I'm quite happy if Arsenal want to go around buying players like Sanchez, seems like they're quite happy to get humped 6-0 by the quality teams as long as they can score some flashy goals against the lower ones.

6-0 away to us, 5-1 away to pool, 6-3 away to City and they spend nearly £32m on an attacker.

Completely agree. It was like when they signed Ozil last summer. They were getting all excited about how he would make a huge difference for them. Because as we all know, Ozil is 2 defenders, a goalkeeper and a defensive midfielder.

I think it was f365 who referred to Ozil's signing as being like needing to replace a broken fridge and coming home with a fancy new telly instead. I think that goes for Sanchez too - great forward but that won't help them when they're getting tanked away from home yet again.

Same goes for Liverpool - spending shedloads on new forwards when we all know they lost the league because their defence is flimsier than a 1980's TV presenters.

In regards to Pogba my friend who works at CTV told me that we would sign him, that the Tiago deal has hid the skids due to him wanting two years and the club sticking by its policy of one year contracts for players over 30 (although it may still happen if a compromise can be found) and that the club are looking to sell Mikel but he is proving difficult as he has no intention of leaving. Now, ever since he told me last season we were going to buy Cavani and De Rossi I've not believed a word to come out of him but he did tell me about Matic around the end of Dec. That said, I still don't believe him but I thought I'll add as I love the odd bit of transfer muppetry

Morning Seb,

This is going to sound harsh so I apologise to your friend but...

If he's just having some fun with all of us, or if you are, that's fine, but, if your friend genuinely believes he's got some inside knowledge, he really should respect the club and keep this to himself. It doesn't even matter weather his information is right or wrong, as long as he believes it's true, he should maintain the club's confidentiality.

Edited by Bridgejunky

Did they make other signings to sanchez that I missed? Else they have the same squad as last season, minus sagna(?) and vermaelen(?)

They were up there for a long time last season and only finished a few points behind us. I'm not saying that they are better than us but, I think they definitely have a squad to compete along with us and City. Possibly Utd and Liverpool too. It does look like we'll have the strongest squad on paper going into the new season.I don't like to do look at what other teams have but they do have a lot of attacking talent(defensively they may be struggling as you suggest):

wilshere

Ramsey

carzola

oxlade

Rosicky

Arteta

walcott

sanchez

Giroud

Campbell(not a bad backup judging by the world cup)

That's a lot of talent...

With people saying they don't have a decent striker I think they're mistaken - I think Giroud will progress even more next season.

I can't see Giroud getting any better than he is, and I don't think he's all that impressive as it stands. I know a lot of gooners who find him incredibly frustrating, and it he was being audibly slagged off by the escaping away fans after the home game last season. Like us, Arsenal need a better centre forward if they are to really push on.

Sanchez is a great signing for them, but I'm not at all worried or scared. I don't see why anyone should be. We're doing good things in this market ourselves,and that's all we can hope for.

Edited by thevelourfog

I'm quite happy if Arsenal want to go around buying players like Sanchez, seems like they're quite happy to get humped 6-0 by the quality teams as long as they can score some flashy goals against the lower ones.

6-0 away to us, 5-1 away to pool, 6-3 away to City and they spend nearly £32m on an attacker.

I can't help thinking that Brazil at least mostly need a striker.

Jay Seal   

I can't help thinking that Brazil at least mostly need a striker.

They need Thiago Silva to be fit too, mind.

Good on Arsenal signing Sanchez, I am genuinely pleased for them. Sanchez and Ozil are 2 major signings they have made, I no longer want to hear their fickle fans harp on that they don't spend money like 'Chelsea'.

Edited by Alan Conway