• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

PVA to Sunderland now official. Undisclosed fee.

He'll do well there.

Still rate him and still think he'd have a future here. But it wasn't to be unfortunately.

I am intrigued to see how Van Aanholt does playing regularly in the Premier League.

He will do very well I reckon. Just as Bertrand will.

Has anyone else added 2 plus 2 and made 5?

Perhaps Didier is coming back, because Cech is going?

This nearly happened back in 06/07 when Carlo nd Pete both went off at reading...

life   

we are near complete. IMO we need one of signing to be fully equipped, just that one signing.

sad paizon is gone on loan.

one of pogba or griezmann and we are complete. different positions, I know, but I know why I said it.

I am fine going into the season with what we have. very happy but

One of these 2 attacks and we are locked and loaded to dominate.

-----------costa

hazard---oscar--griezmann

---matic--------fabregas

or

-----------costa

hazard--fabregas---oscar

-------matic----pogba

pogba ship has probably sailed though

Sarin   

Pogba ship is a pile of wood and metal in a tabloid warehouse with a bunch of hacks arguing about how to put it all together.

Unfortunately.

Edited by Sarin

I'm ridiculously excited about seeing Drogba back at the club. For me, he can do nothing to damage his legacy, simply because of the calibre of man that he is. I'm buying a shirt with his name the second he signs.

And now it's official. Welcome back 'Big Man'

He'll do well there.

Still rate him and still think he'd have a future here. But it wasn't to be unfortunately.

He will do very well I reckon. Just as Bertrand will.

I'm sure they will, they are both good players. But you'll never convince me they will become Chelsea standard - certainly not in the Cole or even Luis class. This club expects the best, not good Premiership players. And whilst they are good players, they aren't in our class.

If Jose thought they were, they'd still be here.

Oh, and in other news, welcome back Didier. Good to have you back.

xCELERYx   

I'm sure they will, they are both good players. But you'll never convince me they will become Chelsea standard - certainly not in the Cole or even Luis class. This club expects the best, not good Premiership players. And whilst they are good players, they aren't in our class.

If Jose thought they were, they'd still be here.

Oh, and in other news, welcome back Didier. Good to have you back.

Yeah, but it's entirely unrealistic to have that standard of player as both first and second choice for a position over a meaningful period. Sometimes the best players in your side are the ones who are simply deemed "good" and aren't big names. The sort of players that cause no issues, do a job when called upon and are reliable.

Bertrand certainly hadn't done anything wrong during his time here to suggest he would look out of place if he was to be given a greater role.

Good luck PVA - we' ll never know. You were never given a chance- Bertrand the same. At least it's another loan off the books and not left dangling like all the others. Loan equals not good enough and not coming back. JT only exception.

Weird with Bertrand. Good enough to start a CL Final for us, when there were other options, but (I'm assuming) not good enough to be backup left back long term. I thought his performances have been fairly solid with us. A year with JM could sort him into a good player. Maybe he just wants to play week in week out - it's understandable.