• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

BlueFizz   

Surprised by lack of speculation about possibly outgoing players on here - torres, mikel, Cech - or is the action on the 2014/15 squad forum?

In terms of comments that the words of JM are somewhat hollow regarding youth based on likes of Bertrand and others - I think big difference is that this generation is just better quality.

I say this having watched the youth and U21s quite a lot the past couple of seasons. We 'hoped' Bertrands generation would break through because most of us like 'homegrown' talent - but likes of Ake, Baker, Boga etc are simply better than Ryan, RVA and co (IMHO)

Faramir   

Jose on who stays and who is going out on loan from the youngsters:

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2014/7/27/5942745/Mourinho-ake-christensen-will-make-the-first-team?

Basically Ake and Christensen move into the first team squad. Also confirms Zouma as fourth choice centre-back. Solanke, Boga and Brown in U21s but train with first team. Loan moves for the rest.

The fellow writing the article confirms Zouma as fourth choice, not Mourinho.

Faramir   

I may be wrong, but I believe Premier League rules limit a club to only two long term domestic loan deals (no limit on loans from abroad) and no more than one player from any other Premier League team; so we could loan Southampton one player, but not two.

In the three lower leagues, teams may loan as many as four players from any one club with a maximum of 5 loan players named in the match day squad of 16 (a few seasons ago, Watford had 10 players on loan from Italian clubs linked to the then owners so the rules which considered loans from abroad in the same way as a permanent deal were changed).

Thanks Bob. Does anyone know for sure how many Premiership loan deals can be made with one club?

Scooba   

Barkley signs new 4 year deal at Everton. Good for him, stay and develop more and more then probably bring in a nice fee when Everton decide to sell.

Jay Seal   

Courtois left with no squad number

Disturbing from Marca!

http://www.marca.com/2014/07/28/en/football/international_football/1406584758.html

Someone help me here. Why are we even thinking about this!

If the intended squad number for him was 1 then they'd have to wait to assign it to him wouldn't they? So this doesn't tell us anything does it?

^The Belgians aren't due back for a day or so. If he is to stay the season then he'd be produced as a "new" player then and given a number.

No news right now means nothing.

Until we see Hazard running around on the training pitch there are no clues to be had.

Barkley signs new 4 year deal at Everton. Good for him, stay and develop more and more then probably bring in a nice fee when Everton decide to sell.

I really don't rate him, I think his technique is relatively poor and most of his strong attributes are physical. I think he'll end up being a significantly worse Gerrard, a few screamers amidst generally poor performances.

Good for him and Everton, I was half expecting him to turn up at Man City this summer and rot like Jack Rodwell and Scott Sinclair. Sorry to go off topic.