• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

The main areas of criticism are bollox.

With the possible exception of Inter (who went up so rapidly when he arrived they could only go down) all his clubs have continued success after he has gone.

Porto probably have gained the most. His Chelsea team carried on full steam ahead without him and reached the CL final the year he left. RM won it last year.

I accept that people with nothing else to say do make your point, but don't accept it should ever be allowed to go unchallenged.

I never said I agreed with the areas of criticism - I also think they are a load of envious crap.

But when the eventual assessment of the Mourinho managerial career comes to be written, those will be the sticks used to beat him with, whether we agree with them or not.

But if Jose has continued success at one club for a sustained period and does it with a comparatively low cost team, then they have nothing left.

DannyLB   

I'm staggered at the amount of anti-Lukaku stuff on here. I keep hearing about his lousy attitude at not getting an opportunity here. I should 'kin hope that he'd be annoyed at not being given a chance while we're bringing in the eto'os and Drogbas. If he wasn't annoyed with the club I'd be worried.

Why we aren't giving him until January to see how he gets on with world class players behind him I'll never know.

But you don't know if we are bringing those types of players BECAUSE of Lukaku's attitude. First he wanted first team football for the WC and to a certain extent, fair enough. Who is to say that he is still wishing for that and Chelsea couldn't offer that guarantee and it now lead to Drogba coming back?! We don't know, so it's harsh to call the club out on that.

I would like him here and I have not seen anything that proves he would prefer to be elsewhere other than some insisting that his lack of public display of affection towards the club is conclusive proof he wants out.

Couldn't agree more! If we sell it should be big, however who is he replaced with? Costa, Nando & an ageing Drog will not be much better than last season. The club need to speak up soon or the speculation will continue. Everton - really?

Has there been a concrete report anywhere with quotes showing that Lukaku does not want to be here?

Nothing is concrete until it is official, doesn't mean there isn't any truth to it. Infact I'll put my mortgage on the line that Lukaku will not be here come the 1st September. Edited by Alan Conway

I would like him here and I have not seen anything that proves he would prefer to be elsewhere other than some insisting that his lack of public display of affection towards the club is conclusive proof he wants out.

Prepare to be dissapointed then.

And remember a lot of people regard the Barcelona side of recent years as the best team ever to play football. That could be argued but no one doubts they are among the greatest sides ever and yet they won only 3 Champions' Leagues out of 9. Look at it in that light and a target of two wins in a decade is a big, big ask.

Not to mention there was no Man City, Monaco or Paris while Barca were racking up their three wins. I know people might be tempted to mention the feats of Ajax, Bayern and the team that made Real famous but I can only restate my opinion that, in comparison to the Champions League, the old European Cup was a Mickey Mouse competition.

Tell that to the Mickey Mouse fans from Anfield!!! 1-1 in Champion Leagues and 3-0 to us in PL titles!

Much rather Mikel than Romeu.

But you don't know if we are bringing those types of players BECAUSE of Lukaku's attitude. First he wanted first team football for the WC and to a certain extent, fair enough. Who is to say that he is still wishing for that and Chelsea couldn't offer that guarantee and it now lead to Drogba coming back?! We don't know, so it's harsh to call the club out on that.

You are right, we don't know.

And because we don't know it is also incredibly harsh for people on here to be queuing up to slate Lukaku's attitude.

jones   

Couldn't agree more! If we sell it should be big, however who is he replaced with? Costa, Nando & an ageing Drog will not be much better than last season. The club need to speak up soon or the speculation will continue. Everton - really?

I dont think the club cares that much about you suffering from speculation overdose. I may be wrong though.

Dear friends: AS tomorrow say Atletico still hope to make more signings and they name three players, Zakaria Bakkali, Santi Cazorla... and Fernando Torres!