• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

28.5m I've seen, good return on a striker who isn't prepared to fight for a starting 11 spot, I can appreciate he thinks he has earnt it whilst away but scoring at west brom and everton is different to scoring here, its a different kind of pressure, personally id take the money and invest in someone who has a better attitude and more pedigree at the top level.

On a side note I can't quite see why the media are getting in a fluster about how many foreign players we have in our squad, the logical solution to me is simple, if for example mikel and torres are the players we would like to move on and are being unreasonable in regards to facilitating a transfer away give them an ultimatum, either accept a deal at another club or you can stay with us but you wont be registered so will be playing in the u21 league, just like what happened with malouda.

Personally I dont see any problem with doing that as if we dont want mikel and torres and are actively trying to sell only for them to for one reason or another put the kibosh on it then let them sit on their contracts but dont let it hurt the club with regards to our squad size, obviously having said that its also quite possible that the club are pricing them too high or they want to keep them, but the point still stands if the club wants rid and the player is blocking a move for what ever reason just stick them in the reserves and move on.

Boris999   

Well, that was pretty much what I thought would happen with Lukaku. Like I said, the only thing that effectively changed between last year and this year was that his competition increased in competence.

Costa > Eto'o

Drogba > Ba

Torres missing with his chest and the ball moving > Torres missing with his feet with no goalkeeper

There was no basis for him making a new, different decision except sentimentality, a sudden massive rise of confidence or the club giving him ridiculous assurances. Wasn't likely to happen.

Edited by Boris999

If it is true Lukaku moves on I just hope we get a good amount of money for him. But he will leave under clouded circumstances where his ambition and will to fight for his future here has a striking similarity to my perception of De Bruyne.

Whether Courtois will follow suit only time will tell.

It's a sense of disappoinment as far as I'm concerned. I strongly believe Lukaku is better than Torres - but if Torres is impossible to shift then what to do? However, selling Lukaku doesn't do much for our squad imbalance in terms of foreigners vs. HG's so the move makes little sense. Unless Mourinho was on to something last summer when he lambasted Lukaku in the media at one stage. Perhaps his fate was sealed there and then.

A real shame all around.

He has done nothing to change joses perception of him, still always talking to the media who will spin what ever he says to suit their agenda as well as seemingly backing out of a fight for his position at every given opportunity, which in my mind comes down to a weak mentality on lukakus part and also rubbed Mourinho up the wrong way as jose likes fighters and strong characters.

Edited by strong centreback

Apparently everton agreed to both a loan deal and a perm deal and waited for cheslea to decide.

Ouch.

Unfortunately I think we still need to get rid or not register two foreign players before we can sign Cavani....

Kristof Terreur‏@HLNinEngeland2 mins

DH confirm Romelu Lukaku will sign for 5 years at Everton. More info to follow. #EFC

seriously not happy. stupid decision that will bite us in the arse.

Lukaku out it seems- we must replace surely. Cavani? Not impressed. Still don't get why we haven't given Lukaku a proper chance with the players we have. :(

This should eliminate any speculation that Drogba has joined as a player cum mentor/coach for Chelsea. This was just like the Eto signing where Mourinho signed him for his experience and as a reliable backup.

This would also mean that Torres will stay now. Probably leave for free at the end of his contract .