• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Crux - No idea. People seem to think it's a feasible deal, but I don't see it myself. Costa will, in my opinion, be our 'marquee' striker with Drogba and (I guess) Torres behind him.

jones   

Surely this means Torres staying? Can't see us going into the market for another striker - who would that be? Cavani sounds crazy, considering we already brought a big money striker, and only play with one up front. Cavani has been playing on the wing, yes, but that is also the reason he would want out.

Lukaku had a HG status (best thing I can say about him atm). Currently, we are in need of HG players, and it would make more sense to replace Torres (whether it is now or next year) with someone who can fill that need. Bamford, yes, but I assume Jose thinks a loan is better for him atm. Perhaps he comes in to replace Drogba next year?

Anyway, as of now, it sort of makes sense not to rock the boat anymore. We changed 2 of 3 strikers this summer, and with Bamford a potential candidate to be one of the three in the next years, perhaps it is better to wait a year before we go spending big up front again.

How in the world can people speculate if we'll bid for Cavani knowing that Costa will be our main striker.

We'll need a reliable striker who can play as a backup not a superstar signing.

Edited by lastbronx4u

How in the world can people speculate if we'll bid for Cavani knowing that Costa will be our main striker.

We'll need a reliable striker who can play as a backup not a superstar signing.

Isn't Cavani currently playing second fiddle to Zlatan in a tin pot league?

Surely pushing for a start with Costa in a better league would be preferable?

I'd be disappointed if that Lukaku money wasn't invested in another attacking option (and hopefully a more technically gifted one) but I'm not at all surprised it's ended up like this. The only mistake we made was in signing him in the first place.

Hopefully all that nonsense talk about 'grooming' can be finally placed in a box and burnt to ****.

If it is true Lukaku moves on I just hope we get a good amount of money for him. But he will leave under clouded circumstances where his ambition and will to fight for his future here has a striking similarity to my perception of De Bruyne.

Whether Courtois will follow suit only time will tell.

It's a sense of disappoinment as far as I'm concerned. I strongly believe Lukaku is better than Torres - but if Torres is impossible to shift then what to do? However, selling Lukaku doesn't do much for our squad imbalance in terms of foreigners vs. HG's so the move makes little sense. Unless Mourinho was on to something last summer when he lambasted Lukaku in the media at one stage. Perhaps his fate was sealed there and then.

A real shame all around.

Someone needs therapy if Courtois goes. That would be madness. A real shame indeed!

Isn't Cavani currently playing second fiddle to Zlatan in a tin pot league?

Surely pushing for a start with Costa in a better league would be preferable?

I'm talking from the club's perspective rather than a player's perspective.PSG dont give a damn about FFP , but we do.

Khobar   

So, looks like Jay Rodriguez then?

Disappointed, but can't shake the feeling that this has more to do with Lukakus' mental strength than any huge error on Chelsea's side. Something happened last summer and the die was cast. Need either a homegrown striker ready for top level action or ship a few overseas players out.

To be honest, that is the only reason I am dissapointed - his HG status. Other than that:

1. Does he fit the game we play, and/or compliment the forwards? I'm not convinced he does - I'm not sure Jose is either.

2. Does he have the mentality to fight for a spot with Costa, or settle for second fiddle for one year? Doesn't seem like it.

3. Am I very, very sure we can get a better player than him at good financial return if we really wanted? Yes, emphatically and easily yes.

The unhappiness primarily comes in seeing another fairly exciting youth product go unused, but really it's not such a bad loss.

I'm also in the not concerned camp. In fact I'll be utterly unsurprised if Rom is allowed to leave.

Which player(s) might you target as replacements, per point three Borris?