• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Stim   

Someone needs therapy if Courtois goes. That would be madness. A real shame indeed!

It would make a lot more sense than getting rid of strikers.

Yugi   

I can see Monaco spending 20£M or Atletico knocking with a 15£M on deadline day for Torres...

We are halfway now in transfer period. Offloading Lukaku doesn't mean keeping Torres

I can see us selling Torres and going for a technically gifted foward or 9 and half type of player

If we can get 40£M for Lukaku + Torres, then the end of the window will be interesting...

Heard news we are after Joao Miranda again, 20£M bid logged, but Atletico want the release clause (24£M)..

Would be much happier with a bid for Varane :/

Edited by Yugi

I'm surprised to see Lukaku on his way out, but I guess the WC sealed his fate.

It'll be interesting to see what happens going forward. The squad rules have us 2 foreigners over the limit, if I'm not mistaken (counting 3 goalies, 3 strikers and Romeu).

Lukaku out of the door makes Torres leaving a lot more unlikely than it was (if it ever was more than a pipe dream). Unless Bamford is 3rd choice, that is.

What it does mean: We're going to have to drop 2 (1, if Romeu/ van Ginkel go on loan) more senior midfielder/ goalkeeper.

What is with the lack of faith in Drogba? Because of his age?

He scored 5 league goals in his last season here. Granted we're a better side now than we were then but, despite the glorious highlights, 2011-2012 was not a season to inspire a lot of hope about The Drog's likely contribution in 2014-2015.

There are hardly any foreigners in our squad that I would not be prepared to ship out in order to accommodate Marco Reus. :)

Reus would be absolutely perfect. We definitely need to sign another forward but I doubt we will now. Would also take a punt on Aubemeyang if possible. Don't think Dortmund will sell again until next summer though.

I can't believe some are mentioning Rodriguez, I don't see anything in him that suggests he could make the step up. Let Liverpool and Spurs overspend on expensive, average Southampton players.

DannyLB   

I'm surprised to see Lukaku on his way out, but I guess the WC sealed his fate.

It'll be interesting to see what happens going forward. The squad rules have us 2 foreigners over the limit, if I'm not mistaken (counting 3 goalies, 3 strikers and Romeu).

Lukaku out of the door makes Torres leaving a lot more unlikely than it was (if it ever was more than a pipe dream). Unless Bamford is 3rd choice, that is.

What it does mean: We're going to have to drop 2 (1, if Romeu/ van Ginkel go on loan) more senior midfielder/ goalkeeper.

Is this including Moses and Marin?

I can see Monaco spending 20£M or Atletico knocking with a 15£M on deadline day for Torres...

We are halfway now in transfer period. Offloading Lukaku doesn't mean keeping Torres

I can see us selling Torres and going for a technically gifted foward or 9 and half type of player

If we can get 40£M for Lukaku + Torres, then the end of the window will be interesting...

Heard news we are after Joao Miranda again, 20£M bid logged, but Atletico want the release clause (24£M)..

Would be much happier with a bid for Varane :/

Torres isn't leaving. Also why would Atletico or Monaco wait until deadline day? The only small possibility of a deal is if Falcao goes to Madrid but even then surely Monaco aren't that stupid.

Reus would be absolutely perfect. We definitely need to sign another forward but I doubt we will now. Would also take a punt on Aubemeyang if possible. Don't think Dortmund will sell again until next summer though.

I can't believe some are mentioning Rodriguez, I don't see anything in him that suggests he could make the step up. Let Liverpool and Spurs overspend on expensive, average Southampton players.

The last signing I was genuinely excited about was Jimmy Floyd Hasslebaink. Getting Reus would eclipse that.

T'ain't gonna happen though. :(

Edited by Bridgejunky

Is this including Moses and Marin?

No. Just the boys on the tour, plus those still to return.

But Moses is homegrown anyway.

I counted:

Cech, Courtois, Schwarzer (3)

Ivanovic, Azpilicueta, Filipe Luis (3)

Matic, Mikel, Ramires, Romeu, van Ginkel (5)

Hazard, Schurrle, Willian, Oscar, Salah (5)

Costa, Drogba, Torres (3)

Edited by Chelsea'Til_IDie