• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

jones   

I wouldn't exclude Courtois going on loan for one more year (and signing a contract extension), even though it will not be at Atletico. Dortmund and PSG may be the only clubs with the necessary stature. I am not saying I think this will happen, just not ruling it out.

I feel confident we can count Mikel/Romeu as "one". Both will not be here come September, and I expect Romeu loan if Mikel can't be sold.

The 2 too many foreigners we have is for CL only. In PL it is only 1, due to Zouma being u21 in PL. Therefore, I can see us selling 1 foreigner, and "let" one foreigner miss out of CL (Mikel/Romeu). Possible scenarios:

- Sell Torres, bring in HG striker (or keep Bamford)

- Sell/Loan Cech/Courtois/Schwarzer, and have Blackman as 3rd choice

Are there any other realistic scenarios??? I don't see them ...

jones   

Regarding Moses: TOCWS reported that Mikel was back in training today. No word on Moses. I think that leaves him out of the equation ...

The Guardian are reporting Rom as having travelled for a medical and quoting the price as £22-25m. Bearing in mind that we would almost certainly have had his wages covered (at least) by West Brom and must surely have picked up a fee on top of his wages from Everton, that looks a good deal to me.

Edited by Bridgejunky

Kezza   

Blame Lukaku for wanting out. Can't imagine how stupid this kid is. He's literally going to be 2nd in the pecking order and that means many games for him over the course of the season. Foolish foolish kid.

Onwards and upwards. We should really be looking to sign someone of the stature of Griezmann and not Cavani. Need a up and coming player, not a finished product for the 2nd striker position.

I feel confident we can count Mikel/Romeu as "one". Both will not be here come September, and I expect Romeu loan if Mikel can't be sold.

If Jose is really prepared to sacrifice Mikel then should we rule out a loan move for him? Given the reports that MJO needs to stay in the UK to qualify for citizenship, and that he wants to stay in London for family reasons, there could well be Premier League loan options for him. These might include Southampton who are within commuting distance.

Disappointed, but can't shake the feeling that this has more to do with Lukakus' mental strength than any huge error on Chelsea's side. Something happened last summer and the die was cast. Need either a homegrown striker ready for top level action or ship a few overseas players out.

You could equally argue that it is JM's cowardice.

Given the choice of putting Lukaku ahead or equal to Torres he decided to go for Eto'o.

jones   

You could equally argue that it is JM's cowardice.

Given the choice of putting Lukaku ahead or equal to Torres he decided to go for Eto'o.

You mean the "cowardice" personality who has made him the most successful manager in history? I would call it risk-management, not cowardice.

If Jose is really prepared to sacrifice Mikel then should we rule out a loan move for him? Given the reports that MJO needs to stay in the UK to qualify for citizenship, and that he wants to stay in London for family reasons, there could well be Premier League loan options for him. These might include Southampton who are within commuting distance.

I really don't think that citizenship is worth much when you are a top paid professional footballer.

I'm sure he is entitled to work anywhere in the EU already.

I really don't think that citizenship is worth much when you are a top paid professional footballer.

I'm sure he is entitled to work anywhere in the EU already.

I agree, just quoting the reports.

Scooba   

Mikel should already have citizenship. Not that it matters when you have that amount of money. Easier for visas and stuff I guess.