• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

I wouldn't exclude Courtois going on loan for one more year (and signing a contract extension), even though it will not be at Atletico. Dortmund and PSG may be the only clubs with the necessary stature. I am not saying I think this will happen, just not ruling it out.

I feel confident we can count Mikel/Romeu as "one". Both will not be here come September, and I expect Romeu loan if Mikel can't be sold.

The 2 too many foreigners we have is for CL only. In PL it is only 1, due to Zouma being u21 in PL. Therefore, I can see us selling 1 foreigner, and "let" one foreigner miss out of CL (Mikel/Romeu). Possible scenarios:

- Sell Torres, bring in HG striker (or keep Bamford)

- Sell/Loan Cech/Courtois/Schwarzer, and have Blackman as 3rd choice

Are there any other realistic scenarios??? I don't see them ...

Courtois is staying, everybody has said so: Mourinho, former coach, national team coach, Cech...

I very much doubt Mikel is leaving, too. He's said he's happy at Chelsea in whatever role he has. And it doesn't strike me as very mourinhoesque to let the most defensive midfielder in the squad go. Especially when Matic is the only real alternative as a real holding player in a 4-3-3.

If I had to bet on something, it would be both Romeu AND van Ginkel out.

The Guardian are reporting Rom as having travelled for a medical and quoting the price as £22-25m. Bearing in mind that we would almost certainly have had his wages covered (at least) by West Brom and must surely have picked up a fee on top of his wages from Everton, that looks a good deal to me.

If it leaves us short a quality striking option, it's not that good a deal.

I'd rather go into the season with Drogba + Bamford as backups than Drogs + Torres. Lukaku would have been the best option, though.

I really don't think that citizenship is worth much when you are a top paid professional footballer.

I'm sure he is entitled to work anywhere in the EU already.

EU citizenship does make for an easier living in a lot of situations, though. I would imagine Mikel's thinking about the next 40-50 years of his life, not just the immediate future. (Edit: Probably goes for wife/family, too)

What surprises me is that he's not yet naturalised. Must've been resident of Monaco or something for the first few seasons...

Edited by Chelsea'Til_IDie

Vinod   

The thing with playing for Chelsea, moreso with Jose in charge, is that players are expected to step up to the challenge.If Lukaku isn't confident of proving himself to be better than Torres and Drogba, that's a massive downside. He and Chelsea will be better off apart.

He cannot expect Chelsea to sew up a squad of world class defenders, midfielders and playmakers; and install him as the first choice striker I.e. have other strikers that are clearly not as good as Lukaku.

If Lukaku does give it a shot at Chelsea for this one season and cannot displace Torres and Drog to second choice, fair play. We will all move on knowing it was probably never meant to be.

Really happy with this. Lukaku might be better than Torres and an ageing Drogba right now but that's no reason for us to settle for Lukaku as a second striker. Jose clearly doesn't rate him and thinks we can do a lot better.

Am sure this deal is only happening because we've got a quality replacement lined up.

As far as I'm concerned this is a good deal for the club and a good deal for the player.

Another great deal if true. I've got no time for quitters like De Bruyne and Mata. Let's get some cash, and move them on. If Lukaku's next then so be it.

Mata was one of the best players ever to wear a Chelsea shirt. Mata a quitter?

Sorry - he got the Jose treatment. It is assumed Lukaku is driving this. For me Jose doesnt 'like' him and so adios. I'm frustrated by this sale and the uncertainty over Courtois. If there are issues over quotas then a solution might be to ship out Mikel, Moses and Romeu. Give Torres away - Jose can start his excuses speeches already because as is we don't have enough goals-especially if Costa is injured. How will he get on in the Premiership anyway? Fabregas was a great signing - the rest is uninspiring. Lukaku good luck - Etoo last year and Drog this -who can blame him? He's going cheap too.

Another great deal if true. I've got no time for quitters like De Bruyne and Mata. Let's get some cash, and move them on. If Lukaku's next then so be it.

With you there, disappointing that they have left but I trust that our manager is doing the right thing. What's more is that we must have a tonne of money ready to spend with the only stumbling point a lack of squad slots.

Personally I expect one of Mikel/Romeu out and then one of the GK's, probably Schwarzer. Think the club may have to just leave him unregistered or maybe send him on loan until Jan.

I am currently uneasy with our squad and want at least another forward. Reus is perfect but right now I would even take a punt on Remy instead of risking Torres. If any world class players like Reus, Pogba, Vidal, Varane become available then I would also break the bank.

Come to think of it, I think that Jose should be on the phone to Eto'o as quick as possible.

Scooba   

Selling Lukaku and replacing him with Costa for a net spend of about £5-6m. Excellent business once again.

Let's try get rid of Torres as well and bring in one last exciting player.