• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

^ In general there is no good answer. But there is a real problem nowadays that promising 19 year olds want a big long term contract or they are already thinking of moving off. What is the biggest risk - selling Matic for £1m before he has proved himself, or hanging on to Josh by giving him a long term contract?

It highlights a point I keep on making, that there is a lot of downside risk on kids. And you have to take a lot of big losses in order to get the successes.

Id imagine that the kakuta deals and mceachren deals are the last remnants of the 'old' chelsea youth policy, since emanelo took over we seem to have been alot smarter in regards to buying youngsters and the reported deals they are on, kakuta van annholt etc are seemingly the last of the arneson period of the club and now when we buy a promising youngster they go on loan very quickly which seems logically that the loaning club have already been sounded out, seems like there is more of a plan in place now even if it is still costing us millions each season in the hope that the stable route will provide us with a big pay day on the FFP book s every once in a while.

Clearly us being linked with benatia and the columbian fella is just a ploy to command a higher fee from the real suiters manu..

Hearing that highly-rated centre-back Mehdi Benatia on his way from AS Roma to Manchester United. #MUFC #ASRoma - Jim White.

Lol

Kakuta is one I really don't get, does he have 0 ambition or what? He's 23 now and happy to go out on loan every season with his career going nowhere. I have no idea why we haven't released him. Only reason I can think of is if the loan clubs are paying 100% of wages and paying a tiny fee, so actually we'd be making profit off him, but I find it quite bizarre.

Mceachran is heading that way too, 21 years old and going on loan to Vitesse this year after some English loans and basically free to find another club, why not just cancel by mutual consent, absolutely no point him going out on loan if we don't want him. Clearly no clubs are wanting to buy either of them.

Real shame with Josh, I had high hopes for him. He moves intelligently when ever I have seen him

Ham   

To top it off, a bird shat in Ashley Young's mouth.

https://vine.co/v/M37F1mB5IzB

I've only read the headline but I thought I'd seen it all with Rooney the Granny shagger. This is a new low. Pervert. 😉

Nick89   

Why is it so difficult for us to sell average players? Marin and Moses both loaned out for the second year running. Is it so difficult for a club to offer I.e. £5m. and take Moses? or £3m. and take Marin?

I don't understand why it has to be so difficult.

Why is it so difficult for us to sell average players? Marin and Moses both loaned out for the second year running. Is it so difficult for a club to offer I.e. £5m. and take Moses? or £3m. and take Marin?

I would guess the sort of clubs that are looking to buy them, probably can't pay them what we currently are - and the players aren't agreeing to decreases in their salary.

Because they doubled their salary when they joined us.

Same reason why we find it hard to sell Torres.

Wages and wage structure at potential buyers