• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Faramir   

I agree.

I'd like to see the likes of Boga/Baker/Ake getting a few minutes in such games. The only sticking point is that they need to make the bench first for that to happen. And when you consider that Salah didn't even make the bench at Burnley despite Ramires being suspended, it just goes to show how very rare such appearances are going to be.

It would be nice for two or three of them to get "rare" opportunities in our League Cup games.

1. we ran some of those players into the ground, particular Oscar

2. how many of the six got injured for any serious length of time? can't keep hoping for good fortune

3. what did we win?

4. Mata played more often than people like to make out, he just under performed and didn't suit the pressing game.

It is very very difficult to keep 6 top players happy for 3 positions. I agree with cam4blue, we have players like Ramires and Fabregas who can fill in for emergencies.

Plus we really need to start intergrating youth. Baker, Boga, etc, would be thrilled with 5 PL-starts. An international player like De Bruyne would complain and soon after force a move.

Holymoly   

If it's to be believed that Cech is about to chuck his toys if he isn't #1 (more likely his agent would have thought) then that can only result in one thing I'm afraid. The manager has to prevail in these situations. Admittedly there is a certain attraction to living in Madrid and only having to worry about a handful of games a year while counting vast quantities of cash. Oh yes, and being managed by Carlo and winning the odd European Cup.

jones   

It is very very difficult to keep 6 top players happy for 3 positions. I agree with cam4blue, we have players like Ramires and Fabregas who can fill in for emergencies.

Plus we really need to start intergrating youth. Baker, Boga, etc, would be thrilled with 5 PL-starts. An international player like De Bruyne would complain and soon after force a move.

Totally agree with this.

jones   

When it comes to foreigners and homegrown players, I am not that concerned really. Terry will likely be here next season as well (unless he drops a lot this season), Fabregas and Cahill are nailed on for at least 2-3 years and Ake's inclusion indicates that he will be one of the 25 for the next years as well. I will be very suprised if those four (2 HG + 2 CT) will not be here next season. If Drogba is here for one year, I definitely see someone like Bamford replacing him in the squad next summer (Jose is a big fan) - as long as we can change Torres for a good alternative to Costa. That is 5 out of 8. And considering the wealth of talent we have on loan/in the youth team, I think it is likely at least one or two of Christensen, Baker, Chalobah and Boga can be squad players next season. Let's say that is 6-7, and add to that the financial power we should have after our good business lately, bringing in overpriced English talent (Barkley, Stones) to compliment the rest of the squad could be a good idea.

There was a lot of sense in your post mate but this one line is just not one I agree with.

Our problem last season was clearly in breaking down a defensively set up opposition. We seem to have addressed many of the causes of this problem already. The only one that still exists (in my opinion) is a lack of creativity in the three behind the striker (in a 4-2-3-1 or the two wider attackers in a4-3-3.

I exempt Hazard from this and Schurrle is beginning to establish a strong claim to be included too. My problem is with Willian playing any game as one of our attacking forwards and even Oscar to a lesser extent. If I was writing a list of key criterion needed to play the position of wide forward this would be my order:

• Pace and the willingness to use it to run at and past a full back
  • Consistency of end product - having beaten a full back, the ability to pick out a team-mate or score themselves
  • Ability to link up and work in tandem with the full back behind, the centre forward and other midfielders
  • Stamina to pressure the opposition high up the pitch
  • Stamina to track back and help the full back.
Jose seems to use the same list but I sometimes feel that his list is the other way round to mine! Willian's attributes are definitely in completely the reverse order. And before people shout me down as knowing a lot less than Jose (I am well aware of that!) don't forget we are talking about a problem that he was unable to correct last season and it cost us a very winnable title.

For me, a Reus or di Maria is more akin to my list in that they are principally players with attacking talents/creativity. So yes I still very much hope we get one of them and if that means losing Salah or Willian I'd take that in a shot.

When we've got Such obvious problems at CF, depth problems at CB and top quality depth problems at CM I really don't see this need to go out and blow a load of money on another AM when the players we've got at the moment are all either excellent, very good or at a level were they will accept a squad place. For me, our problems in creating last season mainly steamed from having no creative force at CM, Cesc solves that problem and he is also flexible enough to play further forward if needed. Another thing to take into consideration is what Jose wants from a No. 10 and for me that seems to be a player that is creative going forward but able to track back and get a tackle in, hence in my opinion you will always see either Oscar or Cesc in that role or maybe even Willian. No way does Hazard get that role so in order to being in Reus or Di Maria we would need to shift Schurrle as Salah is at this moment in time happy to be a squad player, so for me selling Schurrle for £20m and buying Di Maria for at least £50m plus £150-200k per week wages is an insane move. As for Reus, he may be cheaper but let's face it he will most likely end up at Bayern or Real.

We have the following players for the 3 AMs - Schurrle, Willian, Hazard, Oscar, Salah. Just 5.

Bear in mind that these 3 players are the most substituted / rotated, as they are the ones that play in explosive bursts, then it is potentially very thin, particularly as there are question marks over Salah, albeit early days. We only have 4 players then who you would trust to start in a big game. Yes, Fabregas could play in the "10" but it is clear he is required in the deeper role.

Monday night, all 3 AMs were replaced, one was replaced by Mikel, and another by Drogba as we simply dont have the depth to replace like for like. As we were 3-1 up against relegation fodder it was not an issue though.

If we have six AM at least two have to accept that half the time they won't make the bench, if you want prove of this look at last year. As a result, Salah stays for the foreseeable as he seems to be ok with this type of role ATM and if he improves he could become the flying winger everyone wants or if he doesn't he can be moved on and replaced with someone like Boga if he continues to improve. As for the other player this would have to be either Schurrle or Willian both of which I don't think would accept this so it would mean we need to move them on, so as I've said above Eeus is unlikely to come and Di Maria would come at a net cost of £30m+ (After transfer fees received for one of the two) and wages of £1550-200k, I I'd imagine is a big increase on what the other two get. For me Di Maria isn't worth that investment as I think Schurrle is developing nicely and Jose isn't going to play Hazard as a No.10 as he wants his No. 10 to track back and possibly interchange at times with Cesc, hence Oscar for me is close to being one of Jose's "untouchables".

We had 6 last season. De Bruyne didn't play at all and Mata was unhappy with his limited time.

Exactly that's why Salah won't be going anywhere soon and if he does start to improve he will either want more game time or move, while I like you are hoping that the club will start integrating someone like Boga soon and hope he can keep improving as this wil help with HG rules.

When it comes to foreigners and homegrown players, I am not that concerned really. Terry will likely be here next season as well (unless he drops a lot this season), Fabregas and Cahill are nailed on for at least 2-3 years and Ake's inclusion indicates that he will be one of the 25 for the next years as well. I will be very suprised if those four (2 HG + 2 CT) will not be here next season. If Drogba is here for one year, I definitely see someone like Bamford replacing him in the squad next summer (Jose is a big fan) - as long as we can change Torres for a good alternative to Costa. That is 5 out of 8. And considering the wealth of talent we have on loan/in the youth team, I think it is likely at least one or two of Christensen, Baker, Chalobah and Boga can be squad players next season. Let's say that is 6-7, and add to that the financial power we should have after our good business lately, bringing in overpriced English talent (Barkley, Stones) to compliment the rest of the squad could be a good idea.

Very good points, totally agree.

xCELERYx   

Offloading Torres and gaining Destro would be a good solution for all involved. Destro would be a good option to have within the squad too.

Not familiar with the player but could finally solve the Torres issue.

Jedini   

Hire Joseph O'Brien and Australia to sign the papers and run back as fast as possible!