• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Tbf he has had unbelievable support and backing from chelsea fans and the club for 3 years now.

Does anyone thing this story is credible? Seems more fleshed out than the usual headline led non story.

People seem to have formed an even stronger opinion about Torres over the summer where in the world cup he looked good when he came on and also in pre-season. Seems to me that people just watched his smash over the bar in pre-season and base all their opinions on that. Torres is an emotional confidence driven player - fickle - if he had the support (fans) behind him I'm sure he'd be banging them in.

Costa will do well because he is horrible just like Drogba - horrible is a compliment by the way when it comes to being a striker - just as selfish is for a striker. They don't need the crowd because it's all about them and when it goes wrong it's never their fault. When Torres played alongside costa they linked up really well and I think he could be the perfect joint-2nd option but only if we as Chelsea fans support him.

I can't think of another player who has maintained fan support in the face of such disappointing run over such a long period of time. I've got behind the guy time and time again, had many times when I thought he was finally coming good, but my patience like many others has simply run out. Right now, as dramatic as it might sound, the idea of playing with Torres feels like playing with 10 men.

Tbf he has had unbelievable support and backing from chelsea fans and the club for 3 years now.

Does anyone thing this story is credible? Seems more fleshed out than the usual headline led non story.

I doubt it is true, simply because it is far too late for this to have been a planned move, and far too early for the papers to get hold of a last minute deal.

I can't think of another player who has maintained fan support in the face of such disappointing run over such a long period of time. I've got behind the guy time and time again, had many times when I thought he was finally coming good, but my patience like many others has simply run out. Right now, as dramatic as it might sound, the idea of playing with Torres feels like playing with 10 men.

Sheva for 2 years and Kalou for his first 3.

Edited by Droy was my hero

Torres is an emotional confidence driven player - fickle - if he had the support (fans) behind him I'm sure he'd be banging them in.

Absolute rubbish, he has had an incredible amount of backing but patience has well and truly run out.

Khobar   

People seem to have formed an even stronger opinion about Torres over the summer where in the world cup he looked good when he came on and also in pre-season. Seems to me that people just watched his smash over the bar in pre-season and base all their opinions on that. Torres is an emotional confidence driven player - fickle - if he had the support (fans) behind him I'm sure he'd be banging them in.

Costa will do well because he is horrible just like Drogba - horrible is a compliment by the way when it comes to being a striker - just as selfish is for a striker. They don't need the crowd because it's all about them and when it goes wrong it's never their fault. When Torres played alongside costa they linked up really well and I think he could be the perfect joint-2nd option but only if we as Chelsea fans support him.

He has been fantastically supported in the circumstances. It really isn't all down to a pre season miss, however accustomed we are to such misses.

He needs a change as much as we need him out. The only thing holding everything up is his contract.

My heart sinks when he's on the pitch now.

Khobar   

^^ Nice Avatar Khobar.

Now if you could just replace that red trident with this blue staff it would be perfect.

Chelsea_crest.jpg

It would indeed look better, but I nicked the logo and don't have the skill or time to change it.

Might give it a go next week on my hols though.

Holymoly   

^^

Watched Destro play over the years and he is an extremely average striker whose current level is even below that of Torres and if this rumour turns out to be true, you can see why Roma would want Torres instead of him when he should be the one with the advantage been he is younger so should be able to play for much longer and his current salary should be less than a quarter of what Torres earns at Chelsea.

Just heard Gab Marcotti on TS who reckoned Destro is a talented young player and based on that and the fact he seriously can't be less effective than Torres currently, while being considerably cheaper, I'd give it a go.

Also this business with the Scum being linked with Balotelli has to make you laugh. They just dispose of one loose cannon and look to acquire another, this time with a Jesus complex of his own importance. Wonder what Studge will make of that? Of course it would screw up their SAS catchphrase but maybe they could change it to BAStards!

paulw66   

I have never seen Destro play but even if he is the same standard as Torres, a swap would save £££ in wages.

I am off to do some reconnaissance work on Facebook and aks my Italian chums about Destro...........will report back.