• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

According to Di Marzio:

-Destro wants to stay at Roma because he wants to play for Italy and with us he would have to compete with Costa and Drogba.

-Chelsea and Roma could still talk about Benatia but we don't want to spend a lot in a central defender.

paulw66   

I have never seen Destro play but even if he is the same standard as Torres, a swap would save £££ in wages.

I am off to do some reconnaissance work on Facebook and aks my Italian chums about Destro...........will report back.

First two comments on Facebook are positive, both saying he is good player and it would be a good deal.

Torres hasn't been good for Chelsea

Chelsea (football wise) hasn't been good for Torres.

Time to go, a loan deal, a sale, anything.

A move may re-invigorate him, a different league may suit him.

It'll hit us in the pocket, undoubtedly. But for the sake of everyone involved, it's worth it.

It'll hit us in the pocket, undoubtedly. But for the sake of everyone involved, it's worth it.

He is the definition of a sunk cost.

I've spent a long time getting around to that conclusion. But it is hard to imagine Torres with a future here when I see Drogba back in a Chelsea shirt,

Arkie   

Ahhh a swap deal! When was the last time one of those high profile swap rumours actually materialised? Keep calm people, Fernando is staying with us!

Russ   

Just heard Gab Marcotti on TS who reckoned Destro is a talented young player.....

That's all the conformation I need. He'll be an abject failure from the start.

People seem to have formed an even stronger opinion about Torres over the summer where in the world cup he looked good when he came on and also in pre-season. Seems to me that people just watched his smash over the bar in pre-season and base all their opinions on that. Torres is an emotional confidence driven player - fickle - if he had the support (fans) behind him I'm sure he'd be banging them in.

Costa will do well because he is horrible just like Drogba - horrible is a compliment by the way when it comes to being a striker - just as selfish is for a striker. They don't need the crowd because it's all about them and when it goes wrong it's never their fault. When Torres played alongside costa they linked up really well and I think he could be the perfect joint-2nd option but only if we as Chelsea fans support him.

If Torres had the belief in himself that you have in him, he would have left the club a long time ago; not cling to a guaranteed pay cheque.

Ahhh a swap deal! When was the last time one of those high profile swap rumours actually materialised? Keep calm people, Fernando is staying with us!

It wouldn't be an actual swap as we'd be sending Torres on loan and presumably paying a large chunk of his wages.

Still sounds too good to be true. We get a young striker with potential and offload Torres at the same time! People are messing with our minds!

We get a young striker with potential and offload Torres at the same time! People are messing with our minds!

Don't we already have one of those?

SSN reporting that Lolpool are in talks with AC Milan to sign Balotelli. Would be such a shame to see him play for those jokers.

Shame? I'm preparing for laughfest 2014 already.