• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Bison   

Don't we already have one of those?

Yep, I quite like the look of that Drogba kid, he has a bright future ahead of him. :)

cam4blue   

Still sounds too good to be true. We get a young striker with potential and offload Torres at the same time!

He isn't Torres; which is the best thing about him.

I don't think he's the sort of player we'd be interested in. Someone said earlier he isn't really an upgrade on Torres, and that's true; given the level of Serie A at the minute Torres would probably do pretty well over there.

paulw66   

He isn't Torres; which is the best thing about him.

I don't think he's the sort of player we'd be interested in. Someone said earlier he isn't really an upgrade on Torres, and that's true; given the level of Serie A at the minute Torres would probably do pretty well over there.

But we would save a small fortune on the wage differential - you would think / hope

It's the hope that kills you:

A swap deal involving Chelsea striker Fernando Torres and Roma forward Mattia Destro has been ruled out by the latter’s agent.

Reports in a number of newspapers on Thursday suggested Chelsea had made a move for Italy international Destro and were prepared to offer the much-maligned Torres in exchange.

Destro‘s representative, Renzo Contratto, admits the Blues have been eyeing his client, but insists a move away from Roma is unlikely and says there has been no offer made by the Premier League club that includes Torres.

"It's true that Chelsea are interested in Mattia. But the reports regarding a swap deal have no foundation, it's all speculation,” Contratto said,"Roma don't want to sell Mattia and Mattia prefers to remain at Roma,” he added, speaking to Press Association Sport.

http://talksport.com/football/chelsea-transfer-news-roma-stars-agent-rejects-talk-torres-swap-deal-140821109122?

cam4blue   

But we would save a small fortune on the wage differential - you would think / hope

We'd probably end up paying most of those wages anyway. Roma can't afford what he is on. This potential deal would probably cost us more (or at least as much) all told and you're not really getting a genuine improvement in playing staff (although you would have a relatively saleable asset rather than, well, Torres).

We would have to be pretty desperate to get Torres out of the door to do this (and that isn't unlikely, I'm sure most wish he was gone at this point). Destro (were he to come here) would do well to last more than a single season. I'm surprised we are supposedly looking at him at all TBH, although there aren't a great many other options I suppose.

I'm praying we nick Balotelli last min and offload Torres in the process.

I couldn't stand to see Mario playing for those whinging victims.

Lunatic attributes aside, I'm not sure about Balotelli as a top striker. I'd love to see a break down of how many goals he scores from open play.

I'm praying we nick Balotelli last min and offload Torres in the process.

I couldn't stand to see Mario playing for those whinging victims.

Me too. He might be a complete fruit-loop, but he does know how to score a goal or two. That's an annoyingly good signing for £16 million (Guardian).

Ahhh a swap deal! When was the last time one of those high profile swap rumours actually materialised? Keep calm people, Fernando is staying with us!

Nani - Rojo ?