• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

cam4blue   

@cam4blue

Tempted to agree that most top strikers wouldn't be interested in being second choice - by definition it's one of the key things that makes them a top striker.

Equally however, Man Citeh have accumulated 4 very good strikers that get a good run-out over the season and Drogba, although great, isn't suitable to be 1 of 2 strikers for the season.

When you buy a new top striker you have to give them a proper chance. City didn't buy those strikers all at the same time (and really it's 3 strikers as Jovetic's injury problems meant keeping him happy hasn't been an issue. Negredo and Dzeko both benefited from Aguero's injury-prone-ness too and neither are really that good anyway...it's not like adding a Cavani or a Falcao, who really would demand to be played and frankly deserve that too).

We probably will sign a new top striker, but it is a bit unlikely to be in this window IMO. I would be shocked if we didn't buy a relatively big name in the next Summer window however (or maybe even in the Winter window if one becomes suddenly available or Costa is injured/under-performing/frequently suspended). This is backed up by the signing of Drogba, someone who is clearly only here to do a short-term job and will almost certainly not be on the playing staff in a year (a short-term player usually means you have long term plans for another).

ripz   

Khedira, Reus or Di Maria , Balotell, in and Cech,MVG,Salah,Torres out would make me wet

shame it wont happen, if I was Roman I'd go for it, wouldn't cost you that much either. Where's the FM hax when you need them

Khobar   

Something like this? :)

1WAKkvJ.png

Looks the biz to me.

paulw66   

Khedira, Reus or Di Maria , Balotell, in and Cech,MVG,Salah,Torres out would make me wet

shame it wont happen, if I was Roman I'd go for it, wouldn't cost you that much either. Where's the FM hax when you need them

I wouldnt agree with all of the above but with Di Maria and Khedira, 2 world class players, both wanting out, there must be a deal in there somewhere.

Jose should keep Torres out of the team on saturday to force his move. Then I hope he would want to leave and then we can put an end to this nightmare. Sell him and buy a proper player please.

And agree with some of you, we MUST try for Di Maria. World class player.

ripz   

Looks like they will get Balo for £16m, seems a bargain price, but there must still be problems with him in there. Ac Milan are selling him for less than they paid for him just 18 months ago yet he scored 30 goals in 54 games. Really thought Liverpool were screwed just having Sturridge and Sterling with Champs league + league and struggling to find a decent striker. Balo will make them stronger for sure.

Lets see if him and sturridge get on with each other.

paulw66   

Looks like they will get Balo for £16m, seems a bargain price, but there must still be problems with him in there. Ac Milan are selling him for less than they paid for him just 18 months ago yet he scored 30 goals in 54 games. Really thought Liverpool were screwed just having Sturridge and Sterling with Champs league + league and struggling to find a decent striker. Balo will make them stronger for sure.

Lets see if him and sturridge get on with each other.

I bet a few of those 30 were penalties, which makes the record ok but in a pretty poor division. Quite simply, he can't be trusted whem the going gets tough.

In regards to torres if you want him to leave then the easirst way is to damage his ego/reputation, now his performances or lack of in a chelsea shirt have already done this but... many believe that we have just ruined him and that he would come good at another club, id suggest that barely using him at all will force his hand in wanting/helping facilitating a move come jan or next summer.

If he has started less than a dozen games and only been a 15 minute sub in a further max of 20 then he will want to move on.

Id actually argue that he knows he is a busted flush and that is part of the problem, he knows that he isn't the player he was, he knows he wont get another contract like the one he is on now and he knows that sitting out his deal wont hurt his reputation anymore than if he was to leave now, so essentially he has no reason to leave and may as well see out the last 2 years of 9m a season then move back to spain and salvage what little credibility he will have left, probably at atletico as a free agent.

From chelsea pov if we can't get a fee that covers his FFP hit then you may as well 'save face' and let him leave at end of deal ala Shevchenko.

Think he will do alright for the mickeys. They can rotate between sturridges injuries and balos suspensions. The fee may seem ok but he wants 8m gross to give a oayrise on his net salary in italy making the package around 60m over 5 years. Aint cheap.