• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Top Gear   

The main question is Mourinho - Di Maria. In Mourinho's last season of coaching Real Madrid, Di Maria started on bench, he didn't play a lot. Maybe interesting and still optimistic thing is this: http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2013/12/14/4477686/di-maria-Mourinho-made-me-the-player-I-am-today

Edited by Top Gear

When Torres came in and everyone wanted him playing instead of Drogba I carried on supporting Drogba as the number 1. When Torres played I supported him and I'll carry on supporting him. Support the badge not a player and especially not a player in a different shirt

When Torres came in and everyone wanted him playing instead of Drogba I carried on supporting Drogba as the number 1. When Torres played I supported him and I'll carry on supporting him. Support the badge not a player and especially not a player in a different shirt

I certainly do not remember a time when I supported the woeful Torres over Didier? Supporting the badge is why 99% of us want this parasite out.

Personally I think Di Maria is a tad overrated. He's had a fine season playing a new role, but he's a bit of a headless chicken and I seriously doubt he's much of an improvement for us as an attacking midfielder. If you could get him for < 30m then maybe, but as much as 50m is reported.

Today could be the start of a pivotal few days in terms of the transfer window and its impact on the season.

Balotelli heading to the Mickey Mousers and di Maria and Khedira seemingly heading for the Madrid exit. I think most people are agreed that we have had the best transfer window in terms of improving our team but I'm fearing a worst case scenario in which three of our major rivals strengthen considerably.

Balotelli will probably thrive with all that religious idolisation they'll anoint him with up there, they really believe they have got their, "Cantona." He's a risk, he's a big risk...but he may just work for them and improve them.

And if Khedira went to Arsenal (plugging a big weakness in their team) and di Maria went to United it would see them all move a little closer to us in my opinion. I know it's unlikely that all three happen but you never know.

So what to do? Can we scupper at least one of those deals and strengthen ourselves whilst denying a rival at the same time?

If we are signing a player just to stop him joining a rival that's plainly ridiculous, but is di Maria an upgrade on Willian? Definitely.

Is he an upgrade on Schurrle? Probably. Would Chelsea be stronger for signing di Maria, allowing Schurrle to be at his most effective as an impact sub and occasional starter, and moving Salah out on loan? Certainly.

We need to use this development at Madrid as a chance to improve ourselves and not allow it to be a chance for our rivals to improve themselves.

Today could be the start of a pivotal few days in terms of the transfer window and its impact on the season.

Balotelli heading to the Mickey Mousers and di Maria and Khedira seemingly heading for the Madrid exit. I think most people are agreed that we have had the best transfer window in terms of improving our team but I'm fearing a worst case scenario in which three of our major rivals strengthen considerably.

Balotelli will probably thrive with all that religious idolisation they'll anoint him with up there, they really believe they have got their, "Cantona." He's a risk, he's a big risk...but he may just work for them and improve them.

And if Khedira went to Arsenal (plugging a big weakness in their team) and di Maria went to United it would see them all move a little closer to us in my opinion. I know it's unlikely that all three happen but you never know.

So what to do? Can we scupper at least one of those deals and strengthen ourselves whilst denying a rival at the same time?

If we are signing a player just to stop him joining a rival that's plainly ridiculous, but is di Maria an upgrade on Willian? Definitely, An upgrade on Schurrle? Probably. Would Chelsea be stronger for signing di Maria, allowing Schurrle to be at his most effective as an impact sub and occasional starter, and moving Salah out on loan? Certainly.

We need to use this development at Madrid as a chance to improve ourselves and not allow it to be a chance for our rivals to improve themselves.

Whilst I agree with a lot of what you say I seriously doubt that DiMaria in himself will improve United, they need several players for that, just look at their line up on the opening day of the season.

Is DiMaria an upgrade on Schurrle, not so sure, Schurrle's potential is far greater, DiMaria is what you see, which arguably is very good player. However Schurrle scores goals, and reading that pass of Fabregas, well that alone was worth the entrance money. For me Schurrle is a first eleven player, a world cup winning sub, that seems ridiculous.

Whilst I think Arsenal would be improved, they have undoubtedly changed their recruitment strategy, I'm not so sure about the scousers, that seriously could end up being a very costly piece of business.

Having someone like DiMaria would improve us, but not half as much as a decent 2nd striker, that would really help to balance the squad.

Edited by nutmegsw6

Whilst I agree with a lot of what you say I seriously doubt that DiMaria in himself will improve United, they need several players for that, just look at their line up on the opening day of the season.

Having someone like DiMaria would improve us, but not half as much as a decent 2nd striker.

I agree with these points - di Maria would only cosmetically improve United, but if he were to come as one of a clutch of signings (say Rojo, Vidal and di Maria) I'd definitely think they had upgraded massively, though would still be short in defence.

I too would like a second striker - I just have no idea who! I'm in a minority I know, but I actually rate Balotelli and that being the case would be delighted to see us gazump Liverpool at the last minute. I would actually prefer Remy because he would be more willing to play second striker and is more able to play as a wider striker. But with his reported heart problems I don't know if its in any way a possibility.

I would have strong reservations over taking on anyone connected with the Scousers, our past business should make us more than wary. United need more than a clutch, they need half a team, unless miraculously they all sign at the last minute, we can count them out.

Balotelli is a loose cannon, his ego alone would make him a bad apple for most clubs. He does not have the skills to match the reputation, half decent yes, but not a great deal more, rated above Dzeko at City, why? Cost, Reputation, Ability, I just can't see it.

I would definately take a chance on Remy, as think he would add something. I would also look to Lavezzi or Lacazette, I'm sure there are others that could come in. And before anyone says Bamford, NO, not as a 2nd striker.

Edited by nutmegsw6

Sarin   

He hasn't proven that he does that at this level yet, and no, making him 2nd choice striker at Chelsea in a season we are trying to win the league is not the ideal start for the kid at the Elite level.

Bamford scored goals in League One, then moved on to half a season in the Championship.

Not saying Bamford is bad at all, but their are a LOT of players that have scored quite a few goals in the Premier League, that are not good enough for Chelsea.

Let alone the amount of players that scored regularly in the Championship that are not good enough for Premier League teams.

Seems the club trusts him enough to try and get the best experience they can at the highest levels.

But don't trust him enough yet to do that here.

There is a BIG difference between scoring goals in the lower leagues, and scoring goals regularly playing for a team that has to win every game, against packed premier league defences.

No need to dump all that pressure on the kid at this stage, a good loan to a top Championship or preferably lower tier Premier League side where he will start would be ideal for him.

Edited by Sarin