• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Russ   

He hasn't proven that he does that at this level yet, and no, making him 2nd choice striker at Chelsea in a season we are trying to win the league is not the ideal start for the kid at the Elite level.

Bamford scored goals in League One, then moved on to half a season in the Championship.

Not saying Bamford is bad at all, but their are a LOT of players that have scored quite a few goals in the Premier League, that are not good enough for Chelsea.

Let alone the amount of players that scored regularly in the Championship that are not good enough for Premier League teams.

Seems the club trusts him enough to try and get the best experience they can at the highest levels.

But don't trust him enough yet to do that here.

There is a BIG difference between scoring goals in the lower leagues, and scoring goals regularly playing for a team that has to win every game, against packed premier league defences.

No need to dump all that pressure on the kid at this stage, a good loan to a top Championship or preferably lower tier Premier League side where he will start would be ideal for him.

I would agree with all that if we had precedence and could show we knew what we were doing...

He hasn't proven that he does that at this level yet, and no, making him 2nd choice striker at Chelsea in a season we are trying to win the league is not the ideal start for the kid at the Elite level.

Bamford scored goals in League One, then moved on to half a season in the Championship.

There is a BIG difference between scoring goals in the lower leagues, and scoring goals regularly playing for a team that has to win every game, against packed premier league defences.

a good loan to a top Championship or preferably lower tier Premier League side where he will start would be ideal for him.

According to lots of people here, there is a big difference between scoring goals anywhere other than the Premier League. However, that doesn't stop those same people saying we should buy this one, or that one, from other leagues. Nor does it stop the club (or any other club) buying players unproven in the Premier League. Some succeed; some don't. I'm just interested that whenever we talk about players we have, they're never good enough, or need to prove themselves elsewhere - and then when they do, their achievements get written-off because they weren't in the Prem. They simply can't win.

Bamford scored goals in League One, and in the Championship. He's English. He's shown himself to be an instinctive, natural goal scorer. We already own him. Therefore, he can't be good enough. And seriously, some of the names being bandied-around here make me laugh, when we write off one of our own without ever testing him at this level.

Ham   

According to lots of people here, there is a big difference between scoring goals anywhere other than the Premier League. However, that doesn't stop those same people saying we should buy this one, or that one, from other leagues. Nor does it stop the club (or any other club) buying players unproven in the Premier League. Some succeed; some don't. I'm just interested that whenever we talk about players we have, they're never good enough, or need to prove themselves elsewhere - and then when they do, their achievements get written-off because they weren't in the Prem. They simply can't win.

Bamford scored goals in League One, and in the Championship. He's English. He's shown himself to be an instinctive, natural goal scorer. We already own him. Therefore, he can't be good enough. And seriously, some of the names being bandied-around here make me laugh, when we write off one of our own without ever testing him at this level.

Hallelujah Michael.

Spot on. If you're an instinctive finisher it shouldn't matter what division you're in and in fact you should get far more opportunities to score at Chelsea than elsewhere.

Zidane   

Too much sense being spoken. I'm happy with the 'not good enough'/'not ready'/'not Chelsea quality' mantras.

xCELERYx   

I like Bamford as a talent, but that's where it ends. His overall game isn't at the level that a club like Chelsea require (yet). He's still young and raw, allow him to continue to develop and learn his trade playing regularly where there is less pressure and if he continues to score goals and progress, while looking to be able to make that step up to a level we require, then he'll get his chance. That isn't now though. One for the future.

Sarin   

I am not saying that he isn't good enough, or saying that we should sign some striker from the Swiss league or so on.

What I said was that it appears the club doesn't feel he is ready (I can't DO ANYTHING ABOUT THAT), and that there is a big difference in pressure between knocking in goals in League One on Loan.

As opposed to regularly scoring goals for a demanding Chelsea team that always has to win, playing against teams set up entirely to defend, full of international players.

Which if he was second choice here, he would need to do.

It comes down to not only what is best for the club, but also for Bamford.

A jump in 18 months, from youth teams, to League One, to Championship, to regular starter for a team that wins the Premier League. Is not really realistic or fair to expect from him.

Give him a little more time to improve his game, get comfortable with the pressure of playing at higher levels before he need to take the enormous jump that would be playing as second striker for Chelsea.

Ideally I hope he goes, has a great season somewhere, preferably Middlesborough or a lower PL team, and really just dominates for a full season with that team. Scores goals for fun, takes a ton of confidence in the fact of being one of the major players in that team.

That will put him in a much greater spot to play for Chelsea.

Rather then us just keeping him here, as what realistically would be third or fourth choice.

Not getting that many games, and losing massive confidence if he fails to score, followed then by going out on loan anyway.

As to the comment that he has scored goals in League One, and the Championship.

So have dozens of players, but that doesnt make them ready for Chelsea either.

Edited by Sarin

Hallelujah Michael.

Spot on. If you're an instinctive finisher it shouldn't matter what division you're in and in fact you should get far more opportunities to score at Chelsea than elsewhere.

Neil Shipperley comes to mind.

Hallelujah Michael.

Spot on. If you're an instinctive finisher it shouldn't matter what division you're in and in fact you should get

Lukaku did it in the Prem and still was deemed not good enough

far more opportunities to score at Chelsea than elsewhere.

Hallelujah Michael.

I completely disagree with this.

Not trying to knock Bamford - he IS an instinctive finisher and because of that fact I think he might have a future here.

But his all-round game is way off at the minute. We as fans should know how important that is. Just look at the difference Costa has made to our game so far.

I do think that he can be our 3rd striker down the line when he's got some more experience and perhaps is a tad more well rounded. If we chuck him in now I fear we'll do more harm than good for him. A PL loan would be optimal but I fear that might be to soon as well. Perhaps a initial Championship loan with a possible PL loan after Christmas?

Holymoly   

I think the only thing prohibiting us from signing another striker is the ability inability to offload Torres.

If we could get rid of Torres then we'd be in prime position to get Balotelli; Falcao on loan; or even splurge on Cavani.

Fixed