• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

ripz   

I'm delighted if Di Maria goes to Man U, just like Arsenal they can keep wasting their money on areas they don't need to spend big on.

I'm delighted if Di Maria goes to Man U, just like Arsenal they can keep wasting their money on areas they don't need to spend big on.

Amen!

When your back 3 consists of Jones, Smalling and Blackett...

When you consider Evans a loss to the starting XI...

When you spend 60m on a player that has no role in your new formation...

Scooba   

People happy that Di Maria might be moving to united, sigh. Top class player and although we don't really need him, you just have to show an interest when someone like him is available. Obviously not at £68-70m but none the less I would love to see him here. If he does go to united (still a pretty big if) their team will be roughly something like this:

De Gay

Jones--Smalling--Rojo

Fletcher---Herrera

Valencia---Mata---Di Maria

RVP----Rooney

Definitely enough going forward to challenge top 4, average midfield/defence but I fancy that XI over Liverpool.

What I was saying was Zouma might be young but he was signed. Our young defenders showed that they are just as good in preseason so why not just use our own. I don't disagree with the signing of Zouma, I disagree that he was given a place in the squad ahead of our current young players.

Zouma is a different type of player to the guys we have coming from the academy, in that he's an old-school defender, whereas our boys are all modern centre halves. Much of Zouma's appeal is in his incredible size and athleticism.

Considering we're going to have to replace Terry soon and both Ivanovic and Cahill are 30/29 this year, we're likely to be needing another 3 new CBs in the coming few seasons (and that's banking on Zouma making the grade). We're likely to have to buy 2 out of those 3, because it's just unlikely that Kalas, Omeruo and Christensen are all going to make it.

Not too sure where Di Maria fits into their system. They already have trouble trying to find a balanced side that includes Mata, Rooney and RvP. Adding Di Maria to the pile complicates things further for them because his best positions are already covered in the 3-5-2 system, while moving to a traditional 4 a the back system, which employs wingers, creates the issue of trying to squeeze in the other 3.

I'd imagine Di Maria in either a CM spot or as a wingback in smaller games. If Ashley Young can('t) do it, Di Maria can...

Although I'm not sure Di Maria is what they need, it's just one of those deals that you have to make, if the player's willing. Because lets face it, these days playing for United doesn't hold a whole lot of appeal.

Absolutely not the best deal in the world, but considering the dearth of quality in their squad, they're hardly in a position, with a week to go, to pass up Angel di Maria.

Throwing close to 70M£ on Di Maria is pure madness. No club would do that other than United because no club is in a more desperate situation (out of the top 16 teams in Europe).

A fantastic player but for that type of money we bought Hazard AND Fabregas.

Kezza   

I wish we could go back to those United fans and ask them if they consider themselves buying the title and ruining youth. They surely said the same about us couple of seasons back.

Scooba   

Throwing close to 70M£ on Di Maria is pure madness. No club would do that other than United because no club is in a more desperate situation (out of the top 16 teams in Europe).

A fantastic player but for that type of money we bought Hazard AND Fabregas.

Which is exactly why we have probably the best team in the league and their struggling to make top 4 this season IMO. They have really done some terrible business in the last few transfer markets, never really sorted out the problems in their team.

paulw66   

Top class player and although we don't really need him, you just have to show an interest when someone like him is available

Er, no....you don't have to show an interest if you don't need the player. That is folly. We bought players this summer in areas we needed.

Di Maria is a great player but they already have Mata, RVP, Rooney, Janazuai, Kagawa, Welbeck, Hernandez, Valencia....but they have terrible defenders and poor central midfielders...buying Di Maria will fix none ofm their problems

Edited by paulw66

People happy that Di Maria might be moving to united, sigh. Top class player and although we don't really need him, you just have to show an interest when someone like him is available. Obviously not at £68-70m but none the less I would love to see him here. If he does go to united (still a pretty big if) their team will be roughly something like this:

De Gay

Jones--Smalling--Rojo

Fletcher---Herrera

Valencia---Mata---Di Maria

RVP----Rooney

Definitely enough going forward to challenge top 4, average midfield/defence but I fancy that XI over Liverpool.

So that's £65m on a wingback?