• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

cam4blue   

Watching Costa's movement is a big reminder of what a good striker is all about. I'm hopeful that Drogba can still manage most of that part at least. He is still going to be a proper pain in the arse in this league. I think maybe the rumors of his demise are a tad premature.

TBH his movement and workrate were gone before he left us last time.

He can still be an effective target-man but he won't be running the channels and harassing defenders like Costa has in the last couple of games.

Has anyone seen much of Carlos Bacca? I only caught a couple of Sevilla games last season but looks a threat and makes some good runs and decent finisher. He would not cost a fortune either ,maybe £10-£15 million.

Sevilla aren't selling anyone for less than their buy-out; not after losing some of their best players already and especially this close to deadline day.

He is a decent player though, if not top quality. Would probably be best off staying at Sevilla, although they (and he) will miss Rakitic (who was carrying that team TBH).

Have to say I've seen Cavani play quite a lot over the last year...He misses an awful lot of chances

I think he's a very good all-round forward; but you are right he is incredibly wasteful. He's one of those I like but always think "not for that money".

I disagree entirely.

Cavani and Cksta are both very different. And neither of them would have to pass up on games without minutes. Costa can't start 60 games for us. But with Cavani's versatility they could see 40 starts each. That's enough of games when you count in fatigue and injuries.

And who's to say we won't play with two strikers some games? Maybe Mourinho want that option?

Who starts City away? Or the CL final if we get there?

City have Hart, Kompany, Toure and Aguero who would start every important game (top 15 PL teams, CL games) when fit. We have Courtois, JT, Hazard and Costa. I don't agree with rotating your core players unless against poor opposition. Obviously injuries are a worry but that's where good backups come into play, something City have done well.

Costa fit for game after Everton, only misses one game, doom-mongers. Apparently could play on Saturday but not being risked.

Still, no doubt if Torres leaves will get a striker in.

Rumours tonight buying is too difficult, as Roma being difficult on Destro, so they are thinking of doing a loan for Falcao.

Edited by James Prescott

Who starts City away? Or the CL final if we get there?

City have Hart, Kompany, Toure and Aguero who would start every important game (top 15 PL teams, CL games) when fit. We have Courtois, JT, Hazard and Costa. I don't agree with rotating your core players unless against poor opposition. Obviously injuries are a worry but that's where good backups come into play, something City have done well.

That's your argument? Who starts the other 58 games we have?

GURJ SS   

I don't think we need a big massive big money signing.

We need a reliable striker like Mirko Vucinic, Carlos Tevez, Klass Jan Huntelaar, Wilfred Bony, Javier Hernandez.

We don't need the Cavani's or Falcao's of the world. We need a good solid reliable back up. Mirko Vucinic would be a perfect signing. Prolific, versatile and won't cost the earth. The other would be Tevez, once of the most over looked strikers in the modern game when thinking about strikers, quality throughout is this guy, and again he wouldn't break the bank.

I don't think we need a big massive big money signing.

We need a reliable striker like Mirko Vucinic, Carlos Tevez, Klass Jan Huntelaar, Wilfred Bony, Javier Hernandez.

We don't need the Cavani's or Falcao's of the world. We need a good solid reliable back up. Mirko Vucinic would be a perfect signing. Prolific, versatile and won't cost the earth. The other would be Tevez, once of the most over looked strikers in the modern game when thinking about strikers, quality throughout is this guy, and again he wouldn't break the bank.

might break the dressing room harmony though, overlooked for the world cup, surely not for playing reasons, great striker all the same Edited by nutmegsw6

Tevez is the prototype of Suarez. Would get his reputation destroyed in a Chelsea shirt. Deservedly. I'm worried about how Costa will get treated (booked for a clear cut pen already). But Tevez jumping straight into defenders would get picked out immediately.

Olusisi   

Luis Muriel would be the striker that would best fit the club and the one Chelsea should be going for as he has all the right attributes to a success in this league and although he isn't a prolific goal scorer yet.

He is one of those strikers that if things click for him, you can see him becoming a prolific goal scorer with the potential he has and been classed as world class in the future plus costing a fortune then and if he doesn't work out, the worst you can expect is a striker who plays well but doesn't score a lot of goals and if he does work out, then we get a striker who plays well and scores a lot of goals.

Scooba   

Luis Muriel would be the striker that would best fit the club and the one Chelsea should be going for as he has all the right attributes to a success in this league and although he isn't a prolific goal scorer yet.

He is one of those strikers that if things click for him, you can see him becoming a prolific goal scorer with the potential he has and been classed as world class in the future plus costing a fortune then and if he doesn't work out, the worst you can expect is a striker who plays well but doesn't score a lot of goals and if he does work out, then we get a striker who plays well and scores a lot of goals.

Thomas Muller would be the player that best fits the club IMO. Quality, perfect age, plays more than 1 position. Just a dream though as it's not going to happen.

Jackson Martinez or Remy wouldn't be bad either. Falcao even better. Anyway it's all speculation, the club will have 2 or 3 players lined up, one of which they will sign in my opinion. Up until it's announced it's just opinions and guesswork.

TBH his movement and workrate were gone before he left us last time.

Yeah movement totally shot for that last minute headed equaliser against Bayern. Or the 1st against Napoli at the Bridge.