• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

cam4blue   

We had "better". JM decided he did not want him. As long as we buy a decent second choice striker, I would be happy but how we got here should not be easily forgotten. We did not have to be in this position.

Whole lot of "WTF are you talking about" in this post.

Who "better" did JM not want and what position did we not have to be in (and why)?

Just a really confusing post TBH.

We've got shot of our entire strike force from last season in one transfer window. That's how bad it was.

Nah. The problem was the fullbacks.

crazy-mad-thank-you-insane-bitches.gif

ScottCFC   

At least we should be signing a striker better than Lukaku/Eto'o/Torres/Ba/Drogba so a good back up option to have for Costa.

Kezza   

Do people take into account Remy failed his medical at Pool? Why do we insist on second grade players like this while assuming he would miraculously pass his medical with us. Tell you what. The final hour of deadline day he does his medical and fails. We don't sign anyone.

Zidane   

Do people take into account Remy failed his medical at Pool? Why do we insist on second grade players like this while assuming he would miraculously pass his medical with us. Tell you what. The final hour of deadline day he does his medical and fails. We don't sign anyone.

Surely the club know the ins and outs of that better than the media do? Can't see us not having asked that question already.

cam4blue   

Do people take into account Remy failed his medical at Pool? Why do we insist on second grade players like this while assuming he would miraculously pass his medical with us. Tell you what. The final hour of deadline day he does his medical and fails.

Yeah. He's only got three full days to travel from London to er...London to do that medical. I can see why you are worried that he won't get to the Bridge until one hour before the deadline, with it being such a massive trek and all.

ScottCFC   

I don't think we would of sold our second choice striker when Drogba is third choice if we weren't confident about getting another striker in thats better than Drogba.

Sarin   

For those saying that Jose kicked BA out of the club.

BA, just yesterday I think it was, said that Jose asked him to stay at the club and said he would get a lot more chances this year, that the situation would be different for him.

Ba said thanks, but he wanted to move on.

Not blaming Ba, he should have been used more last season, but if he was asked to stay and told he would get more chances, you can't just throw out "We threw BA away" because it was him he wanted to leave.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-transfers-fernando-torres-need-4124962

“I could have stayed. I would have had a better position this season because I spoke to Jose and he was impressed with the end of the season I had. He told me I would have a better position this season, but I just wanted to go and enjoy.”

Edited by Sarin

Sarin   

Do you know that he failed his medical at Pool ? Rather than just tabloid guesses at it ?

Do you know what the medical reason for it was ? Something that might bother Liverpool long term, may not bother Chelsea at all.

ish   

I actually like remy, the goal he scored against us was pretty nice, left foot I think and he is comfortable with both.

very nice composure and finishing is pretty good. averages around a goal every 6-7 shots and 2 games which is decent for a backup striker and is pretty happy to attack the ball when near the goal.

is he better then ba, I dont really know but he offers something different. I like how he places his shots but gets lots of power behind it.

Dingus   

Do you think Jose would have passed up Balotelli had Torres decided to go last week?

Now he would have been an awesome no.2 striker to have.