• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

A decent signing is Remy, even though I'm not entirely convinced he will be able to step up and take Costa's place if he goes down injured. As a result, I think we will still continue to look at other strikers. That said, I think a strike force of Costa, Remy and Drogba is better than Eto'o, Ba and Torres, although personally I just think it's a shame Lukaku didn't want to fight for his place. That said, I'm still not 100% sure we're done in the market as for me I think MVG would benefit from a loan move which would mean we require another CM as for me if Cech stays then it's not worth registering Schwarzer so the foreign limit isn't too much of an issue.

Scooba   

Welcome to the greatest club in the world. Shrewd piece of business once again, Man U take note.

Costa, Remy, Drogba in front of our midfield will be difficult for anyone to handle. Very confident of the league title this year.

Edited by Scooba

I really like Remy. Signing makes a lot of sense for me.

However, can't help but feel that should Costa get injured, Jose will opt for Drogba over Remy for the bigger games, and also as his first sub should we need a goal or to close a game out; Which would kind of make him third choice rather than second - dunno, we'll wait and see. Collectively much stronger than last year though which is good

Edited by Bristol Blue

Am I the only one not overwhelmed by this?

The only positive I take from getting Remy is that we are going to save a lot money in wages and the fee itself. Torres I agree has been a huge disappointment, mostly because of the huge amount money we paid for him, but where has Remy proved he is going to do any better?

We are still left with one class striker in Costa, then Remy, (who knows) and with all due respect to Didier a 36 year old striker.

Underwhelmed.....sorry

Edited by Phoenix Blue