• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Zoowraa   

Sterling shines, if he has lots of space, similar to Sturridge. I doubt he'd look much better than Schurrle or Salah here. He'd definitely look bad next to Hazard and Oscar.

That said, he is a very, very good player.

But if it was up to me, we'd never buy another player from Liverpool. They've all been horrible.

You could argue he is a performing to a higher standard at his age than either Hazard or Oscar at the same age,certainly in a much better league than they were at 18/19.

I would have Hazard ahead of him as a player, but I have to be honest and say I would have Sterling ahead of Oscar or any of our AMs.

That's not a criticism of our players, just how highly I rate Sterling.

Edited by Zoowraa

But if it was up to me, we'd never buy another player from Liverpool. They've all been horrible.

Personality I wouldn't give "them" the steam off my P155. Let the Daily Mail fund them.

Edited by Mark Kelly

Sterling shines, if he has lots of space, similar to Sturridge. I doubt he'd look much better than Schurrle or Salah here. He'd definitely look bad next to Hazard and Oscar.

That said, he is a very, very good player.

Next to Hazard - definitely. But Oscar?

As for Schurrle and Salah, you've surely got to be joking...?

Sir   

Must admit I do agree RE Oscar and his position. I'm never going to have a pop if he's shoved out on the wing, for example. Logically, I'd say his position is the number 10 role, or certainly in and around that area of the pitch. I'm still a huge fan of his, though, he has an incredible amount of talent, but as I've said he needs to step up more and really dominate football matches and be more decisive on a consistent basis.

There has to come a time where we also stop using the 'he's tired' excuse.

You could argue he is a performing to a higher standard at his age than either Hazard or Oscar at the same age,certainly in a much better league than they were at 18/19.

I would have Hazard ahead of him as a player, but I have to be honest and say I would have Sterling ahead of Oscar or any of our AMs.

That's not a criticism of our players, just how highly I rate Sterling.

That's fine, but I disagree. It's a huge difference playing for a gung-ho Liverpool side or playing for Chelsea. Even Sturridge looks like a world beater over there and we all know how much he can frustrate, because he has the footballing intelligence of a peacock. Skillful, pacy, strong even. But horribly inconsistent and very Joey-Cole-like.

The way Oscar works his backside off, even though he could be much more of a show-off, is wonderful and I wouldn't change him for any other number 10 in the world. Schurrle and Salah are much more at Sterlings level, IMO and would look immensely better at the Merseyside, where they'd get tons of space and could use their pace for effect.

I think I've sort of answered everybody else with that, as well.

I've said it heifer and I'll say it again; I just simply do not understand the critics of Oscar. Firstly the boy is what 22/23 years old? At that age almost all players are inconsistent and real consistency only comes for most players in their mid-20's. Second is the role he is asked to play, now it's clear from the way he plays at Chelsea that he is obviously given clear instructions to track back as otherwise we would've kept Mata. Oscar plays this role to a very good level even though it is obviously new to him as he wasn't known for this before e came here, while considering the way he never complains about this also shows that he is a team player, which is a credit to himself. Thirdly, his goals/assists output isn't even that bad, I mean what did he get last season? 11/6 goals/assists coming on the back of a pervious season where he had similar figures? While, unlike Hazard he doesn't have such a free role and doesn't take penalties. While lastly, who is he being replaced with? Reus? He is very injury prone with bad injuries and doesn't do even half if the dirty work Oscar does plus he is older an would command a bigger wage. For me Oscar doesn't have a ready made replacement as he plays very differently to most AM's. While as for bringing in someone like Reus I would be interested but it would be for someone like Willian, who as much as I love his tenacity needs to up his goals/assists output to be assured of staying.

Stim   

There has to come a time where we also stop using the 'he's tired' excuse.

When he finally does get a summer off

Olusisi   

When he finally does get a summer off

That is also unlikely to happen until the summer of 2016 at the earliest, If he doesn't pick up an inury before the end of the season, he is going to be playing at the Copa America next summer.

I also believe with the options we have at the AM postions this season, we will be able to rotate more efficently and this should have an impact on the form of Oscar making him perform better as he might not be need to play as many minutes as he did the previous two seasons at Chelsea.

You rightly pointed out the he's tired' excuse would only stop when he has less games to play as he has a very brutal schedule with the Brazilian national team as unlike his other Chelsea team mates who regularly get called up alonsgide him, he gets to play most times the full games which they remain on the bench plus the travelling to South America to play for the national team adding to the toil on Oscar.

Khobar   

That's fine, but I disagree. It's a huge difference playing for a gung-ho Liverpool side or playing for Chelsea. Even Sturridge looks like a world beater over there and we all know how much he can frustrate, because he has the footballing intelligence of a peacock. Skillful, pacy, strong even. But horribly inconsistent and very Joey-Cole-like.

The way Oscar works his backside off, even though he could be much more of a show-off, is wonderful and I wouldn't change him for any other number 10 in the world. Schurrle and Salah are much more at Sterlings level, IMO and would look immensely better at the Merseyside, where they'd get tons of space and could use their pace for effect.

I think I've sort of answered everybody else with that, as well.

Not only that, but you've also answered for me. So, thank you.